Never there when you want one

Apparently some drivers, on being stopped by the police, are being asked what they’re carrying.

Why, oh why, was I not stopped today as I delivered a full load of pig meal?

They should politely tell the police to go do one. There’s nothing in the legislation that states what you have to be carrying. Government want more businesses to start running in order to try to save the economy so they can afford to do things like run a NHS and a police force, certainly a point I’d be making to said copper.

Government want more businesses to start running in order to try to save the economy

Yes but these businesses have to have permission before they start up again. too many flouting the rules. :unamused:

Conor:
They should politely tell the police to go do one. There’s nothing in the legislation that states what you have to be carrying. Government want more businesses to start running in order to try to save the economy so they can afford to do things like run a NHS and a police force, certainly a point I’d be making to said copper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
+1
this is one of those few times im in agreement with conor.

any covid/lockdown legislation will mostly be a loophole with paper round the edges.
unless your retarded,then an act is not a law and can be ignored to whatever degree you can be bothered with.
if you want to open your business and work,then best get on with it though obviously itl depend on how many grasses want to spoil it for you.
moneys money,and if you want to earn it,then just get working till your stopped from doing so.
there will be several businesses not opening only due to the threat of council aggro in the future for openly not giving a toss.
as soon as kfc opens,then thats a green light for any food shop otherwise its 2 sets or rules.

jakethesnake:
Government want more businesses to start running in order to try to save the economy

Yes but these businesses have to have permission before they start up again. too many flouting the rules. :unamused:

There were never any rules saying all “non essential” businesses had to close, the businesses that had to close were retails and leisure facilities where the public would congregate. The regs stated that if you could work from home then you should do so.

If what the OP says is true, its yet again the Police overstepping the mark over this, the same as the Chief Constable who said about checking peoples shopping, there was never any regulations about what was essential shopping, just what is essential shops. This was clarified by the Home Secretary. The same as closing of public parks weren’t in the regulations, as was not being drive somewhere to get exercise.

6. How can I find out if my work is essential or not?
The government is not saying only people doing “essential” work can go to work. Anyone who cannot work from home can still go to work.

Separately, there is a list of critical workers who can still take their children to school or childcare. Provision has been prioritised for these workers.

Every worker – whether critical or not – should work from home if they can but may otherwise travel to work.

We have also required by law certain businesses where people gather, such as pubs and most shops, to close to the public. Separate guidance has been published on this.

14. Can I go to the park?
You can still go to the park for outdoor exercise once a day but only alone or with members of your household, not in groups.

Communal places within parks such as sports courts, playgrounds and outdoor gyms have been closed to protect everyone’s health.

We ask that households use parks responsibly and keep two metres apart from others at all times.

15. Can I drive to a national park or other green space to walk?
We advise you to stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.

You can still go to the park for outdoor exercise once a day but only by yourself or within your household, not in groups.

We ask you to keep two metres apart from others outside your household at all times when outdoors.

You should avoid places where it may be hard to follow the guidelines. If you live in an area where it’s difficult to stay two metres apart when exercising, you can travel to a more open space to do so – but should only do this if absolutely necessary, and should not meet up with people from outside your household.

If what the OP says is true, its yet again the Police overstepping the mark over this, the same as the Chief Constable who said about checking peoples shopping, there was never any regulations about what was essential shopping, just what is essential shops. This was clarified by the Home Secretary. The same as closing of public parks weren’t in the regulations, as was not being drive somewhere to get exercise.

Yes, if? I still reckon people over step the mark more than the Police. :wink:

jakethesnake:

Yes, if? I still reckon people over step the mark more than the Police. :wink:

I think we only get to see the worst of people, the worst of the police, its better clickbait for the media, which means more advertising revenue, I’m sure the truth is most coppers have been reasonable and most people have been reasonable about the restrictions they’re faced with. I seem to recall the Government expects around a 75% complacence with the lockdown and it has been nearer 90%.

muckles:

jakethesnake:

There were never any rules saying all “non essential” businesses had to close, the businesses that had to close were retails and leisure facilities where the public would congregate.

[/quote]
And even then it was only the public facing side. A mate of mine owns an amusement arcade, the arcade has been shut but he’s been using the time to get maintenance work and some upgrades done that he couldn’t get done over winter.

There were never any rules saying all “non essential” businesses had to close, the businesses that had to close were retails and leisure facilities where the public would congregate.
[/quote]

[/quote]
And even then it was only the public facing side. A mate of mine owns an amusement arcade, the arcade has been shut but he’s been using the time to get maintenance work and some upgrades done that he couldn’t get done over winter.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
makes you wonder why all the roads arnt getting repaired when theres no traffic.
the ferry traffic has about 15 trailers,and no private traffic which means they could both take 1 boat off service each for maintenance or repair , and still be more than capable in providing a service.
the mot centres are closed over here,but they have workmen in replacing all the ramps that were defective.
theres plenty of council workers still working so they cant use the covid frenzy as an excuse.

as soon as the restrictions lift,then itl be gridlock everywhere as they start repairing roads again.

My local pub hasnt closed yet, its open for carryout beer, it does breakfast, dinner and tea, tonight is Chinese Takeaway from the pub, she also delivers it, she does meals on wheels for the elderly. They sell bleach, toilet rolls, laundry & cleaning materials, They have flowers, birthday cakes, funeral teas and does a weekly quiz online.

The landlords theory is that she has bills to pay, family to feed so while she cooks for them she can feed the villagers, she can use her trade suppliers and discounts to keep everybody in stock, and it keeps her sane.

I’m sure the truth is most coppers have been reasonable and most people have been reasonable about the restrictions they’re faced with.

Agreed muckles but unfortunately there are the odd few to spoil things for everyone. I mean some even have the audacity to shout about it on here. :wink:

Wheel Nut:
My local pub hasnt closed yet, its open for carryout beer, it does breakfast, dinner and tea, tonight is Chinese Takeaway from the pub, she also delivers it, she does meals on wheels for the elderly. They sell bleach, toilet rolls, laundry & cleaning materials, They have flowers, birthday cakes, funeral teas and does a weekly quiz online.

The landlords theory is that she has bills to pay, family to feed so while she cooks for them she can feed the villagers, she can use her trade suppliers and discounts to keep everybody in stock, and it keeps her sane.

I have heard from friends in Scotland that there have been a few pubs doing lock ins. Most have been caught. Just shows the stupidity of some. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

[/quote]
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
makes you wonder why all the roads arnt getting repaired when theres no traffic.
the ferry traffic has about 15 trailers,and no private traffic which means they could both take 1 boat off service each for maintenance or repair , and still be more than capable in providing a service.
the mot centres are closed over here,but they have workmen in replacing all the ramps that were defective.
theres plenty of council workers still working so they cant use the covid frenzy as an excuse.

as soon as the restrictions lift,then itl be gridlock everywhere as they start repairing roads again.
[/quote]
My local MOT garage is busy with repairs and servicing as well as MOTs.
I have noticed a lot of road repairs have been done while traffic is light, some roads which were breaking up badly now have long stretches of new tarmac.
The same applies to the roadside parking areas normally chock full of commuters who don’t want to pay several pounds a day to use the pay and display car parks, haven’t been re-surfaced for years.

Mustard mitt same here, lots of really bad section of road requiring closures are being carried out taking full advantage of the light traffic.

A great selection of Chinese ribs, sweet and sour, spring rolls, fries, rice, curry sauce and prawn toast from the friendly village pub, Bon appetit, £20 for 3 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

A great selection of Chinese ribs, sweet and sour, spring rolls, fries, rice, curry sauce and prawn toast from the friendly village pub, Bon appetit, £20 for 3 people.

God that looks rough! :open_mouth:

Tude:

Wheel Nut:

God that looks rough! :open_mouth:

That curry sauce looks like what most mums or dads are greeted by when they do a baby’s stinky nappy change [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while in furlough

QED. Some need to get out the waiting room more.

Wheel Nut:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no offence,but that looks like something my dog would throw up.
literally £7 down the pan.
its saturday lunchtime now…have you made it back out of the toilet yet? :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Wheel Nut:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no offence,but that looks like something my dog would throw up.
literally £7 down the pan.
its saturday lunchtime now…have you made it back out of the toilet yet? :slight_smile:

For the 1st time in my life I agree with what you say. Heart attack on a plate and worse than that it looks bloody disgusting. :wink: