Network HGV, can anyone help?

This is my first post on here and I wish it was for a nicer reason.

My wife paid a company called Network HGV a total of £1294 for my cat C training. After passing my theory test, Network HGV sent me a letter stating that my practical tuition was to commence on the 8th August, with the practical test on the 12th August.

At about 17.25 on Friday 5th August I got a phone call from Network HGV telling me my training was cancelled because the DSA had double booked my test.

The situation currently stands as follows.

The DSA have confirmed that no driving test was ever booked in my name.
The actual driving school were never paid by Network HGV for my course and knew of the cancellation 24 hours before I did.
After contacting consumer direct, I sent a letter via recorded delivery to Network HGV asking for a refund. The letter has not been received, I suspect they refused to sign for it.

My wife and I have called Network HGV repeatedly and have been lied to on most occasions. They promise to call back and never do. I was told they had received the letter, my wife was told they had not received it.

My wife and I are at our whits end. We are very short of money and had to borrow the money to afford the course. Now we have no money, no course and no license.

I am seemingly left with either trying the small claims court, or trying to issue them with a winding up order. But at the moment I can’t even afford to do this.

All I wanted to do was better myself by becoming a truck driver and getting off minimum wage. Instead all I got was defrauded out of £1294.

Everything I have posted here is true, I have the letters to proove it.

If there is anyone on this forum who can help in any shape or form, please send me a PM.

To anyone else thinking of using the above company, Caveat Emptor!

Thank you for reading this, I hope some of you can help us.

John.

How did you pay them -
Cash
cheque
Debit card without visa logo
Debit card with visa log
Credit card
I hope it was the last one

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53154&hilit=network+lgv&start=90#p952146

I wish it was the last one too :frowning:

My sister paid on my behalf by BACS. She is going into her branch tomorrow to see if they can help.

John.

Hi john,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted out or getting some money back :imp: :imp: :imp:

Hope whatever the outcome, that you still pursue your career.

Ben

You could try contacting trading standards and see what they say

Cheers Ben, it’s gonna be a very long steep uphill climb :frowning:

John.

ROG:
You could try contacting trading standards and see what they say

I have already spoke with consumer direct, who supposedly forwarded my complaint to Lancs trading standards. I spoke to them direct tonight and they knew nothing about it. My missus is going to chase up consumer direct tomorrow to get them to forward the case onwards.

I’m just so appalled that companies can behave like this and seemingly get away with it.

John.

i see they have a facebook page

aa

Think you will also find drivers wages little more than minimum wage tbh

Think that the company you paid is also a broker which is also a bad idea yu should have looked in your local yellow pages to find a provider & gone to visit them before paying any money to them

This has happened many times if you look through the boards

Sorry to here this story yet again

Good luck hope you do get your money back but never a good idea to borrow money to pay for training as you may find it hard to pay back

animal:

Think that the company you paid is also a broker which is also a bad idea yu should have looked in your local yellow pages to find a provider & gone to visit them before paying any money to them

Unfortunatley, my missus booked it for me. She didn’t know it was a broker. Was told they had schools nationwide.

99mustang:

animal:

Unfortunatley, my missus booked it for me. She didn’t know it was a broker. Was told they had schools nationwide.

Yep & she paid nearly £1300 for something she new nowt about & somebody you dont know

Will sell you my car for that just send the money then collect car as have garages nationwide

Did they also tell your wife that there was a driver shortage & you would easy find a job paying 50k+ per year as this is a myth

The CE drivers in this area are on £7.50 per hr approx.

I thought they had, but apparently not.

I don’t know if it is your intention to take the ■■■■ out of me? But it is not helping me. I came here for help and advice, not to be ridiculed.

John.

SimonB:
I can help. See how I helped another user with a problem with HighwayLGV, read the whole thread to see what happened:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63975

PM me your real name and I can call on your behalf. I volunteer at the CAB and work in training as my main job. Let me have a go. Maybe I can help like I did for Craig.

If I can’t get anywhere, then go to moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome and register a claim as an individual. This process is quite quick. You will have to pay £125 to register the case - but it is worth it. As you paid by BACS you have no cover, your only choice is to sue.

As I have said before, there are brokers and there are thieves. With a real broker the worst that happens is you pay more for a course (as with the broker we train for) - with the others you get absolutely nothing. They will fob you off with excuse after excuse but all they will do is keep your money.

Si

Sent you a PM Simon, thanks.

Is Network HGV a registered company? My girlfriend works for Experian and has access to a wealth of information you would normally need to pay for. If you know their registered name or number, I can PM you the director’s home adresses and you can use that information however you see fit.

Companies House list them as Network Logistics Training Limited, company number 07059211

Cheers, off to bed now, that’s if I can sleep. This has really knocked my confidence for six.

I’ve sent you a PM with the director’s address and other details. Good luck, I hope you get all of your money back.

Hello Mustang

I am going to try and provide you with some hope. A couple of months ago we were approached by Network LGV and asked to provide a Cat ‘C’ course for their customer. We had never previously done any training for any broker but we agreed and the candidate passed. We were paid on the agreed date.

I am not defending training brokers, just describing my 1 and only experience.

It is possible for a number of reasons that your test was cancelled either by the DSA or perhaps by the actual training company or indeed perhaps your fears are with good reason.

Try contacting the school that was going to train you and ask if new dates have been arranged or could they contact Network on your behalf. You might also ask them how good their relationship with Network has been up to now and do they have any other candidates booked in through them.

Brokers have had bad publicity and with good reason usually but hopefully yours is not a lost cause yet.

Regards

John
Flair Training