Nelson Mandela

I might be a tadge racist meself but definatley not political.
Rip Nelson.Just heard the news. Actually touched a nerve.

Just watching it on News at 10.

Slightly different, but I remember when I watched the film Invictus with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman who played Mandela (Madiba.) and you realised what a powerful man he was.

Ken.

Just supping a four pint pack in Scotland on a night out! :laughing: RIP Nelson Mandela :sunglasses: I’m very racist :wink: but what a man :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: all those years in prison, and you were right all along! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Amnesty International refused to take on Nelson Mandela’s case because he was not a political prisoner but a terrorist who had committed numerous violent crimes, had a fair trial and received a reasonable sentence. Mandela pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including a bombing campaign in which nearly 200 innocent people were killed.

Good riddance to him. He was Gerry Adams in a black skin. It’s pathetic how so many people can be led by the nose by what the television tells them to think.

thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-yo … n-mandela/

A great man in the end but we should not forget why he was imprisoned originally.

RIP #Madiba

raymundo:
A great man in the end but we should not forget why he was imprisoned originally.

What, for fighting a barbaric racist regime?

raymundo:

Why ?tell us!
Rip mr Nelson Mandela .

switchlogic:

raymundo:

Whatever happened to Winnie?

RIP Nelson.
a politician for the people, not for them self!
Just like our mp’s :unamused:

switchlogic:

raymundo:

Tell it like it is :wink:

Nelson Mandela a truly great man. to be locked away for his wish for freedom and then to offer forgiveness to his inprisoners, Powerfull.

He could have waited bbc took Mrs Brown’s boys off wasnt pleased lol.

Funny how the tv make him out to be a saint he was a saviour and all that but he went to prison for 27 years for violent crimes and winnie used to have bodyguards “mandela football club” where people dissappeared were beaten and tortured nout said about that anyone else would be called a terrorist.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter! Despite whether you are “pro” or “con” you can’t argue that the man changed the world. A better epitaph I could not wish for.

Glad someone else posted that.
OK, the black people of S Africa were treated worse than animals by the white minority but how many innocent black an white folk died as the result of his ‘violent acts of terrorism’ to gain power and so called freedom for his people and S Africa as a whole? They are no better of now than when under De Klerk, still living in hovels like Soweto but dear Winnie (convicted of crimes against her own people which included murder and torture) sent her kids to a private school in Switzerland. That’s fairness and justice for all.

Harry Monk:
Amnesty International refused to take on Nelson Mandela’s case because he was not a political prisoner but a terrorist who had committed numerous violent crimes, had a fair trial and received a reasonable sentence. Mandela pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including a bombing campaign in which nearly 200 innocent people were killed.

Good riddance to him. He was Gerry Adams in a black skin. It’s pathetic how so many people can be led by the nose by what the television tells them to think.

and why was there bombing campaigns in south Africa? and also in Britain? rip madiba.

Harry Monk:

To be fair, Amnesty International doesn’t appear to be the totally unbiased organisation one might expect, its been accused of being a puppet for the West. And to compare him to Gerry Adams is just daft. Nelson Mandela had principles and stuck to them. Mr. Adams adapted his. :laughing:
Anyway, i think he was a pretty cool guy :smiley:

‘’ Mandela pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including a bombing campaign in which nearly 200 innocent people were killed.‘’
RIP to them as well, (even if they did die prematurely in the name of freedom and not at the grand old age of 95)

raymundo:
‘’ Mandela pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including a bombing campaign in which nearly 200 innocent people were killed.‘’
RIP to them as well, (even if they did die prematurely in the name of freedom and not at the grand old age of 95)

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, we’ve done more than that liberating Iraq, Afghan and god knows elsewhere!! Its all for the greater good you see, they don’t call it Operation Freedom for nothing :smiley:

More goodness and kindness in his little finger than i will ever have in my lifetime , RIP a Great Man

tamarman:
More goodness and kindness in his little finger than i will ever have in my lifetime , RIP a Great Man

+1