Need some advise please

Was away all week till late Saturday afternoon.

My cars road tax ran out yesterday and I cannot tax it till monday.The car is insured and MOTd.

I cant do it online as I only got the car a few weks ago and havent recieved the new log book yet.Ive got the green slip to tax at a post office.

I had intended to get the tax on Friday or Saturday but circumstances meant I was unable to. I fully intend to tax it on Monday between jobs.

What are the likely repercussions if I use the car and get pulled,

If your taxing it tomorrow you ain’t got nothing to worry about

toowise:

My cars road tax ran out yesterday and I cannot tax it till monday.The car is insured and MOTd.

I cant do it online as I only got the car a few weks ago and havent recieved the new log book yet.Ive got the green slip to tax at a post office.

I had intended to get the tax on Friday or Saturday but circumstances meant I was unable to. I fully intend to tax it on Monday between jobs.

You’ll be fine, take all paperwork ready to tax it, IF you got pulled on way to work, just explain it.

There used to be a grace period of a few days to a week, and I’ve never met a cop that’d do you for being a day or 2 out.

You could also check with the DVLA, they might’ve re-registered it to you already, and you can then do it online, but you’re still supposed to have a tax disc in the window :unamused:

if you get stopped, explain the the police what the circumstances are, the most they will give you is a fine for the period that the car is out of tax for

if you use it without tax and get nicked you will get done :smiley:

waynedl:

toowise:

You’ll be fine, take all paperwork ready to tax it, IF you got pulled on way to work, just explain it.

There used to be a grace period of a few days to a week, and I’ve never met a cop that’d do you for being a day or 2 out.

You could also check with the DVLA, they might’ve re-registered it to you already, and you can then do it online, but you’re still supposed to have a tax disc in the window :unamused:

Wayne, to do that, he will need either the RFL reminder letter or the V5C registration document, he has already said that he has got neither, he needs document numbers off either of them to successfully do it online :wink:

green456:

Yeah thanks for that greenie :smiley:

Im only going to collect the missus from Asda so hopefully will be OK , I’ll smile and flutter my eyelids and wear a short skirt…Oh wait that might not work seeing as Im nearly 50, male, and 18 stone. Then again you never know :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
if you get stopped, explain the the police what the circumstances are, the most they will give you is a fine for the period that the car is out of tax for

Seems fair enough to me shuts :smiley:

waynedl:

toowise:

Make sure you leave the old tax disk in the window, that way if you do get pulled you can show that you haven’t been running around for months un-taxed.

Russell.

Can you not tax it at adsa when you pick the missus up?

if you get stopped and and he or she asked papers shout back sciccors i win then drive off :smiley: :smiley:

Can’t you phone it in on the reminder and pay for it over the phone? I’ve just done that for my Mrs and should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday

0300 123 4321

Bud143:
Can you not tax it at adsa when you pick the missus up?

I wish I could but unfortunately vehicles can only be taxed online, or at Post Offices and DVLA centres. and both of these are shut on a Sunday :unamused: :unamused:

You WON’T get done. Coppers have SOME common sense.

mickyblue:
Can’t you phone it in on the reminder and pay for it over the phone? I’ve just done that for my Mrs and should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday

0300 123 4321

Not got the reminder mickyblue only had the car a few weeks.
If I had the reminder from the previous owner maybe, but then the disc would go to their address. Unfortunately it was a freinds car and they emigrated a week later leaving the rented flat to all and sundry.

Therefore I can only get the tax from a PO.

toowise:

green456:

Yeah thanks for that greenie :smiley:

Im only going to collect the missus from Asda so hopefully will be OK , I’ll smile and flutter my eyelids and wear a short skirt…Oh wait that might not work seeing as Im nearly 50, male, and 18 stone. Then again you never know :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

Seems fair enough to me shuts :smiley:

my advise is to tell the rozzers they will never take you alive then hit the throttle,i know this may be dangerous but its safer than telling the missus to walk home :smiley:

bigvern1:

Cheers Vern , I know.

But just in case , can I mention your name :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

it would depend on the copper in question i bought a car on a sunday once my grandad died later that day my choice was to either drive back to my raf base (20miles away) to get compassionate leave in a untaxed car i got pulled and fined £80! (after court i went and taxed it the following day but got no leeway or anything it was also my 1st motoring offence too :imp:

however i would guess i got a complete jobsworth and would agree most would use common sense if they are allowed too and have hit their fines quota :open_mouth:

bigvern1:

my nephew got his car impounded for the road tax running out 3 days before hand, he was on his way too the post office too tax it when he was stopped, cost him £250 too get the car out of the pound, £30 for the taxi too get too the place too get the car back and too top it all off when he got it back there was a five inch scratch on the front wing. some coppers have common sense but most dont

green456:
my advise is to tell the rozzers they will never take you alive then hit the throttle,i know this may be dangerous but its safer than telling the missus to walk home :smiley:

You know my missus then. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just got back without incident, just got to get to work in the morning (330am for 2 miles) and should be Ok to borrow a van later to go for tax.

toowise:

bigvern1:

Cheers Vern , I know.

But just in case , can I mention your name :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah…The Big is short for Bigglesworth! :wink: