Need an additional fridge

Just off to get an additional fridge as my truck fridge has run out of capacity, just going to use it mainly for drinks and the odd item I cant fit in my built in. Got a week of long hauls next week and some of the deliveries I have are pretty remote. No services where I will be parking. Has anyone any comments on the halfords units? I hate buying something to find it useless. Its not going to be a compressor fridge granted its more an electric cool box. Anyone got one?

The irony is strong in this one.

tumblr_n1m07k9t5l1r98lguo2_250.gif

the nodding donkey:
The irony is strong in this one.

No donkey, my specialty is ammonia cold stores and not little plug in cool boxes, different but I can see the irony of it.

Well no advice received on this cool box, so bought a 40 litre one at £70, I will see how it performs next week & let you all know if they are worth the money or not. At £70 they are a bargain if they stand up for the use I have bought it for.

UKtramp:
Well no advice received on this cool box, so bought a 40 litre one at £70, I will see how it performs next week & let you all know if they are worth the money or not. At £70 they are a bargain if they stand up for the use I have bought it for.

Oh no!..

That was the only one NOT to buy!

It’s unreliable, performs badly, is noisey and is rumoured to generate some really nasty odours.

If only I’d seen your post earlier.

yourhavingalarf:
Oh no!..

It’s unreliable, performs badly, is noisey and is rumoured to generate some really nasty odours.

I really hope your now taking the ■■■■.!!

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Oh no!..

I really hope your* now taking the ■■■■.!!

• oh dear oh dear oh dear

Bit late now, Tesco were doing a 12v and a 240 to 12v power supply. £120 reduce to £60.

This one is 240v, 12 + 24 volt and has a 40 litre capacity, appears well made if not a tad on the large size.

There’s that tad word again… :slight_smile:

TiredAndEmotional:
There’s that tad word again… :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone actually got that one before the thread disappeared.

Keep an eye on the lighter plug, they can get hot and melt. I bought a splitter with an incorporated fan at lymm - seems to keep it cool. Only cost about £3m … bargain.

Wouldn’t leave it on all night, likely to set on fire in my experience… probably ■■■■ the battery dry too.

Apart from all that jolly news… they do work… just noisy.

Jingle Jon:
Keep an eye on the lighter plug, they can get hot and melt. I bought a splitter with an incorporated fan at lymm - seems to keep it cool. Only cost about £3m … bargain.

Wouldn’t leave it on all night, likely to set on fire in my experience… probably ■■■■ the battery dry too.

Apart from all that jolly news… they do work… just noisy.

Thanks for this, will look out for the splitter with a fan.

Got the cheap Halfords one myself, ideal for keeping drinks chilled. Also keep a pack of wetwipes in there.

Lasted me 4 years so far.

Top tip: If the ciggy socket end gets hot swap it for one of them 20amp allride jobs with screw connectors.
Oh and the cold wetwipes are great for cooling down your tip if it gets hot also.

UKtramp:
Just off to get an additional fridge as my truck fridge has run out of capacity, just going to use it mainly for drinks and the odd item I cant fit in my built in. Got a week of long hauls next week and some of the deliveries I have are pretty remote. No services where I will be parking. Has anyone any comments on the halfords units? I hate buying something to find it useless. Its not going to be a compressor fridge granted its more an electric cool box. Anyone got one?

What truck you get??How big you original fridge.If lorry drivers work just from Monday till Friday that i think basic truck fridge capacity enough for 1 driver.Why need keep all drink in fridge all time???Simply to many mineral water,pepsi,coca cola can can keep away from firdge and just put in fridge 1-2 hours before use.

UKtramp:

i think it is to big to one week treip.And this is just cool box.What you will keep in this 40 litre capacity.

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

i think it is to big to one week treip.And this is just cool box.What you will keep in this 40 litre capacity.

Its way over sized for what I intended it for Andrejs, but the other alternatives were then a little small but adequate. The only reason I got this huge one was because the price between the smaller unit and this was around £20. It will be handy to use in my camper van so double purpose was my reasoning. I can get more than enough I need too have for a week.

Dipper_Dave:
Got the cheap Halfords one myself, ideal for keeping drinks chilled. Also keep a pack of wetwipes in there.

Top tip: If the ciggy socket end gets hot swap it for one of them 20amp allride jobs with screw connectors.
Oh and the cold wetwipes are great for cooling down your tip if it gets hot also.

Top tip, thanks for sharing.

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

What truck you get??How big you original fridge.If lorry drivers work just from Monday till Friday that i think basic truck fridge capacity enough for 1 driver.Why need keep all drink in fridge all time???Simply to many mineral water,pepsi,coca cola can can keep away from firdge and just put in fridge 1-2 hours before use.

Hoopla will understand larger box might do. Dancing salmon can not be frozen.

Thank you please.

Dipper_Dave:

Dipper, you’re back… were’s ya bin?