Need a reply soon as please

So I usually start work at 4 o clock in the morning. This morning j put my card in at 4 and it’s showing 3.59 on my printout, will I get an infringement if I work over 10 hours like you would if you didn’t have a break for 6 hours etc.
?

Any advice please as I can’t really cut my day short to 10 hours

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I guess you are talking about WTD rules.

Depends on whether your company drivers have opted out of that rule or not.

Darkside:
I guess you are talking about WTD rules.

Depends on whether your company drivers have opted out of that rule or not.

I’m not sure. I did message my boss about this when I realised this morning and his response to me was “carry on as normal just make sure I take my breaks correctly”

WTF

idrive:
WTF

WTD

CrunchieJoker:
So I usually start work at 4 o clock in the morning. This morning j put my card in at 4 and it’s showing 3.59 on my printout, will I get an infringement if I work over 10 hours like you would if you didn’t have a break for 6 hours etc.
?

I assume you’re talking about the night time workers limit of 10 hours working time ?

It’s a WTD rule so even if your company give you an infringement, which may or may not happen, you definitely won’t get pulled by the DVSA for it so crack on and forget about it :wink:

tachograph:

CrunchieJoker:
?

I assume you’re talking about the night time workers limit of 10 hours working time ?

It’s a WTD rule so even if your company give you an infringement, which may or may not happen, you definitely won’t get pulled by the DVSA for it so crack on and forget about it :wink:

Thank you very much mate. Atleast I can crack on with my work now and not be worrying.

Cheers

Not sure…

What you’re concerned about with this?

Are you saying your break has been cut short by one minute because you started at 03.59? If that’s the case then yes, you’ll get an infringement but don’t sweat it, it’s nothing to worry about at all. Everyone has small oversights and the DVSA will easily see why your break is short.

You are doing a day shift, as far as I’m aware, you can do as many as hours as you want (providing your keeping to the hours rules available to you).

yourhavingalarf:
Not sure…

Are you saying your break has been cut short by one minute because you started at 03.59? If that’s the case then yes, you’ll get an infringement but don’t sweat it, it’s nothing to worry about at all. Everyone has small oversights and the DVSA will easily see why your break is short.

You are doing a day shift, as far as I’m aware, you can do as many as hours as you want (providing your keeping to the hours rules available to you).

Yeh what I meant was I finished at 6:50 last night and started my shift at 4 this morning but it’s come up as 3.59

CrunchieJoker:

yourhavingalarf:
Not sure…

Yeh what I meant was I finished at 6:50 last night and started my shift at 4 this morning but it’s come up as 3.59

So you are 9 minutes up on the deal…?
Spend it wisely

CrunchieJoker:
?

Not being funny mate but seriously?..a minute early? :open_mouth:
So you get an infringement or you don’t .
Is it really THAT important to you.
Chill out man ffs. :unamused:

this post could actually be serious… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

It is serious. I’m a relatively new driver and I enjoy my job and it’s paid well so I don’t want to risk anything.

I don’t understand everything about the taco infringements etc. In massive detail yet this guys just being an ■■■■■■■■. All I wanted was some advice and reassurance but apparently everybody should be an experienced driver and know everything.

The reason I ask is cause it says starting before 4 your considered a night driver and limited to 10 hours and I work more than that in a day

in that case then absolutely nobody will give the slightest toss including your boss as you previously stated.
never sweat occasional minor infringements.
someone else will come along shortly to tell you to do a printout and write a story on the back though theres never any requirement for you ever to do one unless your company insists that you do them and even then they are meaningless to any other form of officialdom.

CrunchieJoker:

dieseldog999:

It is serious. I’m a relatively new driver and I enjoy my job and it’s paid well so I don’t want to risk anything.

I don’t understand everything about the taco infringements etc. In massive detail yet this guys just being an [zb]. All I wanted was some advice and reassurance but apparently everybody should be an experienced driver and know everything.

The reason I ask is cause it says starting before 4 your considered a night driver and limited to 10 hours and I work more than that in a day

Not meaning to come across as unhelpful to a newbie mate, but as long as you try and keep legal, the odd genuine oversight or misdemeanor does not matter a ■■■■.
‘‘They’’ want you to believe it’s a life and death thing to keep you on your toes…but it ain’t! :bulb:
As I said, keep legal and chill out…they don’t own you nor can they hang you.

after a short while itl also dawn on you that starting your shift at silly o clock in the morning after finishing at 6.50 the evening before just ■■■■■ and you will wangle new shift times,or be working elsewhere. :wink:

idrive:
So you are 9 minutes up on the deal…?
Spend it wisely

Fun fact: If you take a daily rest of 10:59 it still counts as a 9 hr rest. Obvious, I know but I didn’t realize until I DL’d my card the day after. T’was ok though, it was still only Tuesday.

Wheel Nut:

idrive:
WTF

WTD

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

idrive:
WTF

WTD

I thought the ‘WTF’ answer was better. Sometimes you just have to throw that cat amongst the pigeons.

robroy:

CrunchieJoker:
?

Not being funny mate but seriously?..a minute early? :open_mouth:
So you get an infringement or you don’t .
Is it really THAT important to you.
Chill out man ffs. :unamused:

Is this what it’s come to. …1 minute…so sad

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk