Need a reply soon as please

robroy:
Not meaning to come across as unhelpful to a newbie mate, but as long as you try and keep legal, the odd genuine oversight or misdemeanor does not matter a [zb].
‘‘They’’ want you to believe it’s a life and death thing to keep you on your toes…but it ain’t! :bulb:
As I said, keep legal and chill out…they don’t own you nor can they hang you.

Parked up last night on 14h 45min, had a walk around the truck with my torch, did my paperwork and decided to have a mooch about on here to pass the last few minutes, anyhoo, looked at tacho and discovered that I’d had my card in for 15h 2min :blush: .

Guess what I did next? That’s right, nada, nix, nothing. No printout, no explanation, nothing, been 15 months since any infringement so I’m confident that nothing will come of my “crime” and if it does I’m confident enough to appear in court to successfully defend myself over it.

Don’t tie yourselves in knots over what is a genuine mistake.

Come to the conclusion that alot of people on here are a bunch of pricks. Snarky comments are not needed I explained I’m a new driver and I don’t know how serious this is or not

No wonder the amount people becoming drivers these days are dropping, 80% of seasoned drivers are just idiots.

Thanks to the people with genuinely helpful comments though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

CrunchieJoker:
Come to the conclusion that alot of people on here are a bunch of pricks. Snarky comments are not needed I explained I’m a new driver and I don’t know how serious this is or not

No wonder the amount people becoming drivers these days are dropping, 80% of seasoned drivers are just idiots.

:open_mouth: WOW ! :laughing:
Well, speaking as a seasoned driver (idiot or otherwise) you maybe shouldn’t take things to heart so much mate. :bulb:
It’s been explained to you that tacho rules ain’t quite as strict as some would like you to believe, so instead of insulting and alienating those who know more about the job than you do, take it on board.
If you can’t take a bit of banter, criticism and ■■■■ taking, maybe this ain’t the job for you, because you will get much worse in REAL life.
Take my advice or not, I ain’t really fussed. :neutral_face:

robroy:

CrunchieJoker:

:open_mouth: WOW ! [emoji38]
Well, speaking as a seasoned driver (idiot or otherwise) you maybe shouldn’t take things to heart so much mate. :bulb:
It’s been explained to you that tacho rules ain’t quite as strict as some would like you to believe, so instead of insulting and alienating those who know more about the job than you do, take it on board.
If you can’t take a bit of banter, criticism and ■■■■ taking, maybe this ain’t the job for you, because you will get much worse in REAL life.

I’m quite happy to take the banter in REAL life mate but I wanted a serious answer to my question not people being uppity because they consider what I’m asking about stupid.

That may be right to them but not to me who hasn’t been doing the job as long as others.

Also as I said I’m grateful to the people who have me advice and proper answers, as for others who just wanted to have a dig or a ■■■■ take my statement still stands, it’s no wonder that there’s a lack of new drivers or people start and leave the industry very quickly

I think most on here can’t believe somebody is getting stressed over a minute, maybe forget that these days it gets drummed in that bad things happen if you get an infringement, sadly not helped by pointy shoed management who know so little about trucks they’d struggle to find the gear lever and analysis software like ours that prints out letters telling you that serious consequences could follow a minor infringement.

As Rob Roy, put it, don’t worry about such trivial things, DVSA are unlikely to as long as you don’t make a habit of it, in my dealing with DVSA and whatever went before them, both as driver and transport manger, they aren’t overly bothered with minor mistakes, the new operators seminar I was on last year there was an owner of a company who was there because his drivers weren’t using tachographs, he mistakenly thought they were exempt, wasn’t a haulage company, own account operation, I assume he passed the attitude test, so DVSA thought it was better he attended the seminar that face prosecution. If he can get away with that I’m sure you’ll get away with the odd minute and I’m sure you’ll get much worse now and then, some days it just goes [zb] up

muckles:
I think most on here can’t believe somebody is getting stressed over a minute, maybe forget that these days it gets drummed in that bad things happen if you get an infringement, sadly not helped by pointy shoed management who know so little about trucks they’d struggle to find the gear lever and analysis software like ours that prints out letters telling you that serious consequences could follow a minor infringement.

As Rob Roy, put it, don’t worry about such trivial things, DVSA are unlikely to as long as you don’t make a habit of it, in my dealing with DVSA and whatever went before them, both as driver and transport manger, they aren’t overly bothered with minor mistakes, the new operators seminar I was on last year there was an owner of a company who was there because his drivers weren’t using tachographs, he mistakenly thought they were exempt, wasn’t a haulage company, own account operation, I assume he passed the attitude test, so DVSA thought it was better he attended the seminar that face prosecution. If he can get away with that I’m sure you’ll get away with the odd minute and I’m sure you’ll get much worse now and then, some days it just goes [zb] up

Thanks mate. Appreciate the reply

CrunchieJoker:

dieseldog999:
I don’t understand everything about the taco infringements etc. In massive detail yet this guys just being an [zb]. All I wanted was some advice and reassurance but apparently everybody should be an experienced driver and know everything.

The only problem I have with taco’s is when the juice runs out of the end and goes up me arm. :wink:

peterm:
The only problem I have with taco’s is when the juice runs out of the end and goes up me arm. :wink:

Given the choice i would go with a burrito every time.

CrunchieJoker:

robroy:

CrunchieJoker:

:open_mouth: WOW ! [emoji38]

I’m quite happy to take the banter in REAL life mate but I wanted a serious answer to my question not people being uppity because they consider what I’m asking about stupid.

That may be right to them but not to me who hasn’t been doing the job as long as others.

Also as I said I’m grateful to the people who have me advice and proper answers, as for others who just wanted to have a dig or a ■■■■ take my statement still stands, it’s no wonder that there’s a lack of new drivers or people start and leave the industry very quickly

It was maybe the way you asked your question, as if getting an infringement was the end of the world as we know it bringing on famine, pestilence and a plague of locusts…it’s ‘An infringement’ :bulb:
It was merely pointed out that us seasoned drivers/idiots were not taken in by what they would like you to believe, and to basically not bother your arse about it…rightly or wrongly the realists among us find it amusing that many get so flustered about all this crap, like their lives depended on it, and this was being pointed out to you, so chill out ffs.

As for the lack of new drivers and people leaving the industry, there are an abundance of reasons for that, (mainly because the job is now a crock of ■■■■ to what it was :bulb: ) but afaik not one of those reasons comes under the heading of ‘Newbie getting upset on a forum’ . :neutral_face:

CrunchieJoker:
So I usually start work at 4 o clock in the morning. This morning j put my card in at 4 and it’s showing 3.59 on my printout, will I get an infringement if I work over 10 hours like you would if you didn’t have a break for 6 hours etc.
?

Any advice please as I can’t really cut my day short to 10 hours

If you use you brain it will tell you to sign out a minute before you finish nothing to do with being a newbie

njl:

peterm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

njl:

peterm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.