Need a new sat nav

Beetlejuice:
Try Rod on this facebook page aswell pal…
He always has a bargain set up with truck maps etc

that’s one I got now but it just ain’t load up past the start up screen… maybe he will have in exchange cheers mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:

Wouldn’t touch these tbh,they are 5-10 yer old units being brought for prob £20-40 having a truck sat nav programme installed,which is freely avail online,then being sold for £120+!

thanks all for your input I’m still not decided yet im keeping hope my current one will come back on but it’s looking unlikely… in the meantime iv done some digging about these cheap sat navs and as many of you have said they seem to get a good rap from most drivers with the odd bad review here and there so I think I’m gonna give them a whirl but in the mean time Google maps is in use

xichrisxi:

Beetlejuice:

Wouldn’t touch these tbh,they are 5-10 yer old units being brought for prob £20-40 having a truck sat nav programme installed,which is freely avail online,then being sold for £120+!

chuffin hell the robbing ■■■■■!!!

Berty:
thanks all for your input I’m still not decided yet im keeping hope my current one will come back on but it’s looking unlikely… in the meantime iv done some digging about these cheap sat navs and as many of you have said they seem to get a good rap from most drivers with the odd bad review here and there so I think I’m gonna give them a whirl but in the mean time Google maps is in use

Have you tried resetting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

Berty:

yer no good… also cleaned the sd card and an update

Berty:

xichrisxi:

Berty:

When you say cleaned the SD card do you mean formatted it?
If so this could be where your problem is as the maps will of been on the card and an update wouldn’t have reinstalled them.

xichrisxi:

Berty:

xichrisxi:

Berty:

When you say cleaned the SD card do you mean formatted it?
If so this could be where your problem is as the maps will of been on the card and an update wouldn’t have reinstalled them.

no just took it out and gave it a blast with the air gun… if I take the card out it comes on now

Looks like the card may be corrupted if it works without it in

I’ve had two Xgody 7" screen truck Sat Nav over past 4yrs.
1st one cost £30 EBay delivered to door.

Dropped it after 2yrs and screen froze.
Wasn’t happy had to pay £39.99 for 2nd one though!!![emoji848][emoji847]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Sod paying for a Satnav. Sod even having a separate Satnav any more. I use my mobile phone because I always have it on me.

Google Maps on your mobile phone is free with live traffic and rerouting and many times you only need the name of where you’re going and the town. If you haven’t got a mobile data package then download HERE WeGo which is free and download the map of the UK for it from the app (again still free) and then you can use it offline - using it online just adds live traffic. That uses the same mapping data as Tomtom.

If you want a truck specific one then you can download Copilot truck for your phone. Free for 14 days to try and then you pay for the maps you want.

Had one of these for 4 months. Sound for the money.

trucknavs.co.uk/shop/sat-navs/7 … 7-sat-nav/

I have used Xgody 7" sat nav all over Europe and UK without problems.
Get a 8GB memory one not the 4GB as they fill up too quickly.
The only problems that I have had is one flying out of the window when I forgot to fix it to the screen and another I knocked off the dash and out of the door getting out of the truck .
I have had an expensive one in the past that melted after sitting on the screen for 14 hrs in 40C+ in direct sunlight , it cooked the internal battery and fried everything else.
Yes they are basic but if they get destroyed it’s not going to bust your wallet .
I had a 5" as back up and have an updated Snooper for the car , the Snooper can be converted to truck spec with a different SD card .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

corij:
iv had 3 of the XGODY ebay specials over 5 years and really rate them. its pot luck tho if you get one loaded with every extra tho

I bought one of these after Harry Monk recommended them.

Best £37 I’ve spent in ages.

Conor:
Sod paying for a Satnav. Sod even having a separate Satnav any more. I use my mobile phone because I always have it on me.

Google Maps on your mobile phone is free with live traffic and rerouting and many times you only need the name of where you’re going and the town. If you haven’t got a mobile data package then download HERE WeGo which is free and download the map of the UK for it from the app (again still free) and then you can use it offline - using it online just adds live traffic. That uses the same mapping data as Tomtom.

If you want a truck specific one then you can download Copilot truck for your phone. Free for 14 days to try and then you pay for the maps you want.

Out of curiosity I downloaded HERE We go,it looks good I’ll try it out tomorrow.

dozy:
no we don’t need a truck sat nav were fine with a car one , well there’s your answer to why bridges get hit :unamused: :unamused: . just there :unamused: :unamused:

The bridge height will be on a marker board, the trailer you hooked up to will also be marked with its height. Subtract the latter from the former and that will give the clearance. If it equates to a minus then you know its going to go ■■■■ up attempting the bridge.
Truck nav not required… :bulb:

Anybody tried or know anything about these 1s

LostSomeWhere:

Some guys that worked at or started snooper or something like that. Started up on their own making overpriced sat navs although cheaper than snooper ones.

I used a 60 quid special off ebay and its never broken or let me down.

And that’s after it came off its mount going round a bend and flew across the cab and push the power lead inside the case, forcing the power board loose. Took it apart and hot glued the power board back on place and still going strong.

I had a cheap and cheerful 30 quid special which I paid 10 quid for off a driver that didn’t need it. The touchscreen on it was awful and barely worked and the brightness was dull as anything.

I looked at a fair few and went with mine at 60 odd quid as it had a brighter screen than most and the touchscreen works pretty decently. In fact even on night colours on full brightness it’s too bright.

Just as good with a cheap one I reckon, I use Google maps for traffic and a xgody set with my parameters. Only thing I dislike is how ugly the display is, and doesn’t recognise weight limits that are ok to use for access (no idea if top of the range navs do, not a chance on this planet I’m paying 400 quid for something I use just for work)

A good sat Nav doesn’t stop idiots driving under low bridges or narrow country lanes, if your lacking simple common sense not even a 1200 quid Nav ain’t going to save your bacon.

LostSomeWhere:

Never used but noticed it’s got Here’s stamp on it, I find them maps excellent. Always use when travelling in Europe in car