Need a new sat nav

ok so my tom tom 720 decided to pack up today bloody thing… what them sat navs like you see on ebay and amazon for roughly 50 quid?? I don’t totally rely on them I tend to make my own via map then use the sat nav as a guide but always handy to have one right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got the new Tom Tom professional WiFi from Santa, excellent bit of kit replaced a Chinese eBay special truck nav which was good for £40, Tom Tom was £220, with lifetime maps,traffic and speed cameras.

I have a Chinese ome,works perfectly apart from the fact it doesn’t change from night to day colours automatically.
Cheap if you want it :confused:

Mine was £37, had it about two years.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You get what you pay for,pay £1 you get a £1.

bobbya:
You get what you pay for,pay £1 you get a £1.

They are actually very good,used mine for months with no issues at all…only had the TomTom because Very cocker up the price and sold it for £149 instead of £419 otherwise I’d still of been using the cheapo one.

mine was off of a bloke on here for about £60 big screen, I thought the American truck as the cursor was a bit naf. but never let me down. I did have to buy a new charging lead as I broke the original, took it to maplins said to the bloke, got one like this he said yes its a garmin lead, you sure I said, its your job to drive the truck mine to sort the electrics he said, and works fine I might need to try to download updates as last august I ran across Holland and at a big new interchange it was confused so I just carried on across and stopped to reset the destination and it was on it straight away. I cannot remember who it was selling them though.

iv had 3 of the XGODY ebay specials over 5 years and really rate them. its pot luck tho if you get one loaded with every extra tho

corij:
iv had 3 of the XGODY ebay specials over 5 years and really rate them. its pot luck tho if you get one loaded with every extra tho

3 satnavs in 5 years :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

corij:

3 in 5 years !!!,yes that tells you all you need to know.Just buy a decent one,buy cheap pay twice or in this case thrice.

pierrot 14:

corij:

i can never do the updates. one time i even paid a local computer guy to do the update for me, he said , ok its all done,thanks chief… get home,no update . iv learned its best to buy a new un when i need latest maps

I called Tom tom up.Told them my old sat nav died .The Indian guy gave me 25% off the new 6250 with a case
so cost me £292 .brilliant bit of kit .
I am now selling my truck xgody 740 for 25 £
I’m in Cov it’s bang on.i only upgraded for lifetime traffic etc

I had an Xgody but it fell of the screen and broke, ho hum bang went £40.00 Imagine if it had cost more than a hundred though. I am always cab hopping and leave things behind so I don’t want an expensive anything. The Chinese ones work well enough for most people.

corij:

pierrot 14:

corij:

i can never do the updates. one time i even paid a local computer guy to do the update for me, he said , ok its all done,thanks chief… get home,no update . iv learned its best to buy a new un when i need latest maps

No offence but you bought the first one, something wrong, so you bought another,“same make”, it didn’t work and you then bought another one…same make again! You also paid a guy to update it for you which didn’t fix the problem. I think after the 2nd one packing up would have told you that they weren’t worth a bean, but hey-ho your money.

Try Rod on this facebook page aswell pal…
He always has a bargain set up with truck maps etc

Berty:
ok so my tom tom 720 decided to pack up today bloody thing… what them sat navs like you see on ebay and amazon for roughly 50 quid?? I don’t totally rely on them I tend to make my own via map then use the sat nav as a guide but always handy to have one right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m the same as you mate with this.
Mine’s also car type and a guide only, and I have no desire or need for one of those overpriced ■■■■ truck things. :unamused:
With that in mind, and rather than buy some cheap foreign truck tat that will only maybe last you a few months, why not just buy a decent car TomTom.
I think Halfords have offers on…or they did as my boy bought one cheap a few weeks ago.

^^^^^^^^^^
The same.
No need for an expensive ‘truck’ nav, an ordinary car one does the job just fine. Mines a Garmin Nuvi 58 but only really use it for a final destination/address. Around 90eur and a great bit of kit, lifetime updates, had it for two years now and its not let me down yet…

Bought last year a Nozatec cheapo £40 from Amazon.
Well in fact it was the 2nd one as i sent the 1st one back.

Opened the box ( quite a fancy sturdy presentation box ) to be presented with
sat nav
mains charger
car / truck charger
cover case
sun shield
windscreen mount and a air vent mount.

Had a few stubborn moments where it wouldn’t find satellites but then it stopped messing about and has worked fine.

updating was a pain until i found a Facebook group that has files and tutorials on how to,
there are guys on there that really know their thing and can sort most things out if your stuck but to be honest it was so easy to update.
The map sources are Tom Tom based
so all in all i’d give it a good 8/10

no we don’t need a truck sat nav were fine with a car one , well there’s your answer to why bridges get hit :unamused: :unamused: . just there :unamused: :unamused:

dozy:
no we don’t need a truck sat nav were fine with a car one , well there’s your answer to why bridges get hit :unamused: :unamused: . just there :unamused: :unamused:

dozy mate, don’t talk through your arse.
Ok, if you actually NEED to spend 3 to 400 notes on a truck sat nav to…stop you hitting bridges :open_mouth: , then I don’t.
So just speak for yourself eh bud, and not for me.
Cheers.

Btw…How long have you been in this job again ■■
Oh yeh…as long as I have. :unamused: