Namesakes

Just reading a mustard jar after tea (yeah, the evenings just fly by in our house :unamused: ) and noticed that the bloke who founded the company in Dijon in 1855 was called Maurice Grey

We’ve all probably heard about Errol Flynn off Daysons, but any more ‘famous’ names you’ve worked with over the years?

I worked with Tom Jones,he was driving a six wheeler Albion with the Ergo cab,for C W Griffiths in 1969.

jj72:
Just reading a mustard jar after tea (yeah, the evenings just fly by in our house :unamused: ) and noticed that the bloke who founded the company in Dijon in 1855 was called Maurice Grey

We’ve all probably heard about Errol Flynn off Daysons, but any more ‘famous’ names you’ve worked with over the years?

Hullo Andy,
You must remember Glen Campbell then. Was’nt he a Cowboy ? :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

John Williams who I worked with,not sure if he plays classical guitar :exclamation: :laughing: .

Archie Paice:

jj72:

Hullo Andy,
Cheers, Archie.

i thought glen campbell invented soup …

I worked with Bert Lancaster at A.E.Evans. :laughing:Also Barry Ireland on the same job.
And a driver on the Wincanton/Co-op contract at Barnsley called A. Cordingley.

I had a neighbour call Patrick Fitts’ Michael never saw his wife always made me wonder if he ever had one :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Roger

hi all,
a paint rep. who used to call on us at work in the late 80’s,called mike hunt,he very kindly used to get me tickets for the truck racing .true story.
regards andrew

I know of a guy called Mike Hunt, drives for Tesco. Seriously.

The bloke who took me for my motorcycle test was called Laurie Driver. I also worked with a lad called Ivor Defect, and he often did :laughing:

bowser:

Archie Paice:

jj72:

Hullo Andy,
Cheers, Archie.

i thought glen campbell invented soup …

We had a TM at Maltby called Campbell Baxter or “two soups” as he was better known. :smiley:

I worked with a Matt Dillon at Humber McVeigh’s Salford.

Take it easy

David :laughing:

hiya,
An old driving buddy of mine from Darwen (bit like me had more driving jobs than hot food) named Billy Preston.
thanks harry long retired.

John Thomas in the office at Howells and Reavels. Used to wear a ‘syrup’…made him look a bit of a pr*ck!! :laughing: :laughing:

rondavies:
John Thomas in the office at Howells and Reavels. Used to wear a ‘syrup’…made him look a bit of a pr*ck!! :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
When i was a little lad my Grandma used to call my “p+++k” John Thomas as in leave your (John Thomas alone) you mucky little devil. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thanks harry long retired.

sinbin31:
I had a neighbour call Patrick Fitts’ Michael never saw his wife always made me wonder if he ever had one :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Roger

Perhaps he did Roger,but its Fitz not Fitts’!!

Take it easy

David :laughing:

david it was Fitts which was very strange

Roger

Archie Paice:

jj72:

Hullo Andy,
Cheers, Archie.

Of the Rhinestone variety IIRC :laughing: Love the Two Soups thing Chris, very funny

Chris Webb:
I worked with Bert Lancaster at A.E.Evans. :laughing:Also Barry Ireland on the same job.

Chris what is wrong with your memory who else had a famous namesake at A.E.Evans ( I will give you a clue he was a boxer and his brother George Walker was as well but Billy was a British champion )
cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:

Chris Webb:

Chris what is wrong with your memory who else had a famous namesake at A.E.Evans ( I will give you a clue he was a boxer and his brother George Walker was as well but Billy was a British champion )
cheers Johnnie

Eyup pal,aye I forgot about Billy Walker and we also had a George Walker at Evans,oldish feller lived on Woodthorpe and drove a Mercury,used to chew his snap with his mouth open,not a pretty sight. :laughing: