name plates

was talking to wayne ( margate) today,he has been told by his gaffer to remove his name plates from the windscreen,as it’s against the law according to his gaffer :laughing: :laughing: he also said that it looks bad on the company.he l8r found out that his gaffer had his driver trg unit put of the road by the ministry for a defected abs,and now his gaffer is taking it out on the drivers.

what wayne wants to know is this against the law or is his gaffer just being a pratt :question: :laughing:

i always thought is was ok if it was a yellow number plate and not made up of letters and numbers and wasn’t obstructing he drivers field of vision. if that was the case then theres a lot of ilegal trucks knocking about

dont know for sure jim but i think margates gaffers a prat :laughing:

jon

Anything in the window, apart from the licence discs is frowned upon, we have had stories on here of drivers having to take their ‘truckers tables,’ flags, name scarves etc out otherwise the truck would fail it’s MOT.

One of my collegues had to remove the GO BOX for the Austrian road tax system from his windscreen when he took his truck for it’s MOT or they would have failed it, this is a tiny little box about the size of a ■■■ packet. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yep anything in the screen is not correct and should be removed for MOT, but unless it’s excessive I’ve never known anybody being pulled on the road because of stuff in the screen.
Sounds like Margates boss is having a bit of a spat, like most of us bosses do have them now and again, it’s the only way the rest of up know they’re human. :smiley:

bosses are human…you learn something new every day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
bosses are human…you learn something new every day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Of course Jim!! I know deep down inside you are a boss just waiting to be unleashed!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

kitkat:

Mine isn’t. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

kitkat:

Mine isn’t. :wink:

Are you saying you married a extra terrestrial? :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Well she is out of this world. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Reply of the week!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You must be on a promise!

TC:
You must be on a promise!

or someones reading over his shoulder :wink:

Neither, she is in bed as she has to get up very early to go to work. :smiley:

Zis thred iz goink ov topik!

I never had a problem with my yellow plate in the window anywhere. UK, or USA. And it’s a UK spec yellow plate with my nickname on it, and 2 St George’s flag stickers on it.
This will be installed in my next truck up here in Canuckistan.
(Here’s hoping I get a volvo, not a sterling…)

allikat:
Zis thred iz goink ov topik!

When has that ever stopped us in the past? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

To keep this post on the topic of the thread I’ve stuck a nameplate over the bottom of the screen while I type. :wink:

TC:

kitkat:

Of course Jim!! I know deep down inside you are a boss just waiting to be unleashed!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

your having a laugh ain’t you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For a vehicle to be presented for its anual test the windscreen is only allowed to display a tax disc/o licence…had a vehicle f threatened with a failure for having a steering wheel knob…got pulled by the ministry in devon and told to take all flags and lights out of the windscreen immediately…or would be given a notice of intending prosecution…a fellow member of this club (runaround tel) actually got nicked for having a nameplate in his windscreen i believe it was £30 fine by mr plod…and i got a £30 fine for having a number plate that was in the wrong writing…ie not standard although very readable…the boss paid cos its his truck and he put the plates on…so be warned…they can and will prosecute you for anything thats not normal…and that fills their coffers… and dont forget that wayne`s boss is protecting his cpc
have a nice day

So what about the numpties that have their curtains pulled halfway across their side windows,obscuring their side vision?

Dan.

the vehicle was not going for any type of test i think the boss was is just being a pratt

easiest way round this bonkers rule is to fasten it(the plate) to the outside of your cab ,prefferably just under the winscreen as long as its secure they cant do diddley :laughing: :smiley:

What’s a “gaffer”?