name plates

A Boss, Alex. :wink:

kitkat:
the vehicle was not going for any type of test i think the boss was is just being a pratt

If you get stopped in a VOSA roadside check or by the police and they can insist things are taken out of the window so it doesn’t have to be going for a test.

Remember to keep the langage clean.
I followed a flat bed up th M1 last year which had wrote in big letters “THE DOG s(zb)” Remember he could get nicked for that!

edited for language :unamused: :wink: mrs mix

Also red light lights displayed at night in the windscreen is illiegal (including “CAVEWOOD” headboards.

were in for some very nasty fines in the future if this is right, a go box for austria, a dart tag, a tag for the m6 toll, an obu in the window for germany, another obu for the uk (when they get it together), a box in the window for switzerland, a via box for italy, tax disc and o licence, pretty soon there won’t be any room for your darn name plate and we’ll all have to peep through the spaces between the boxes onboard units, satellite signal boosters etc etc.

well it didn’t matter anyway about the no plates, i got out the yard and the first layby i got to i pulled in and put them back up :wink: :laughing: :laughing: other drivers still have theres in although the margate mafia no plates may have to go so i will get a new one just saying M & M. i don’t think he liked the mafia part :wink: :laughing: :laughing: but generally he is an ok boss, he was just havin a bad day :laughing: :laughing:

Trying out a new scanner - it’s not working yet !

Bolted to the bumper!!

I take it, it’s still not working Niall? :laughing:

Cheers Cliff !
That picture took 2 hours to post. It is the first picture I have posted on Truck-net and I am proud of it .

Like a bad workman - I am blaming my tools !

Just wait till I get the hang of it - theres loads of pic’s coming !!

Cheers,

Niall.

Bring them on mate. I take it you are registered in our photo album forum■■?

Ta Simon.
Give us the address will you mate - I am registered in photobox at the minute.

Blimey - modern technology eh ? the kid’s know more than me !!

Cheers,

Niall.

All Boss’s have their little quirks. It’s part of the job description.
Tom Llewellyn at Econofreight took all the Atkinson plates off his Atkis because he didn’t get a discount for advertising.
Same man told me to take the rags from the mirrors of my Daf 3300 because it made it ‘look like a gypsy caravan.’ As he was based at a different depot I kept them on except when going into head office. Unfortunately he saw me from his car somewhere one day and threatened the sack if they didn’t come off. His solution to the mucky mirrors was strips of rubber round the wheelnuts. Worked to a certain extent.
My boss here in France, Paul Gauthier, insisted that a wagon I was taking to be loaded be washed first - at 4pm with two unfamiliar handball pickups 30 miles away! Second factory was screaming down the phone long before I arrived.
Same man told me off for passing the diesel pump hose over the chassis of the unit. ‘It must be taken round the front’ - Hose wasn’t long enough :confused: .
And yes, ok, it was me as TM who stopped my drivers putting Red Noses on the front. :blush: But they hadn’t asked. And it spoilt my motors. And…and…well they had cars didn’t they? But at least I was living up to the job description :unamused:

Salut, David.