N U F C.

toonsy:
Having Keegan back in any other role than as an ambassador is a risk that isn’t worth taking. Time has moved on as has football. Same with Shearer. They’ve both not managed for over ten years now… both legends of the club, why risk it?

I disagree, Keegan lives breathes and eats football, you can sure as hell bet he’s kept on top of and abreast of modern football since the day he left Newcastle.
Good old players have still got it, but are not as fit.
Good old managers have also still got it, but don’t need the fitness levels to do it.
I bet he sees his time at Newcastle as ‘unfinished business’.

youtu.be/7Lr4sogG-Bo

You can’t build a successful modern team on sentiment. If you don’t believe me, look at the hapless Ollie at Manure Utd. Trotting out his outdated football tropes as lesser sides run rings around them.
NUFC under KK provided some of the best matches in the history of the PL. The match against us at Anfield where they lost 4-3 is a classic.
The modern LFC and MCFC would not play the same way, and every cavalier moment would be punished now.
They need to use their riches wisely, and recruit with an eye on the job in hand not in recreating an exciting, but unsuccessful past.
Not sure I agree with the bankrolling by the distasteful Saudis, but we turn a blind eye in our other dealings with them so why should this be any different?
Pretty sure NUFC won’t be begging fans to come to their mid-week Euro games, unlike Pep at MCFC. A resurgent NUFC and Leeds now too, willmake PL even better.

youtu.be/vJM8GFfRukY

All I am hearing is the whining noises from the football league , meaning the super rich clubs feeling that their financial dominance is being threatened .

Well all I can say is Good Buy to Ash, & Welcome to the new owners of NUFC, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Lawrence.

Looks like Bruce is out in the next couple of days front runners for the impossible job include Brendan Rodgers, good choice, Eddie Howe don’t know how he’ll do with shed loads of money rather than developing players and Frank Lampard given how well Dennis Wise went down with the fans having a southerner probably not the best choice :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Looks like Bruce is out in the next couple of days front runners for the impossible job include Brendan Rodgers, good choice, Eddie Howe don’t know how he’ll do with shed loads of money rather than developing players and Frank Lampard given how well Dennis Wise went down with the fans having a southerner probably not the best choice :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a well worn media thoroughfare that seems to pit us geordies as insular haters. Its not true. But its rolled out now and again.

Les Frrdinand is from London and we still call him Sir Les. Malcolm Macdonald was from London, Rob Lee among many. We don’t care where someone comes from if they give it everything.

Personally I’m dreading Sunday.

Just wasted 90+ minutes of my life watching the Tottenham game. :unamused:
It certainly showed the new owners just how much work is needed.
Reckon Bruce will be away in the morning.
2nd off bottom with 3 points. :open_mouth:
Priority this season…nothing more than stay up again…then take cover. :smiley:

robroy:
I see Steve Bruce got the ‘Manager of the month’ award.
He did seem to pull them round for the last few crucial games, but no coincidence our two best players coming back to match fitness after injuries.
It will maybe shut up the Bruce haters among the fans.
A good performance against a far superior Man City on friday night, and it looks like we’re safe now, and not fighting against relegation next week in the last match against Sheff Utd…
We need to spend some money in the summer, maybe a couple of free transfers (Andros Townshend has been mentioned) and rid of the dead wood,
Hopefully sell the club.

Are you now saying that the new owners could be putting Steve Bruce’s head on the chopping block Rob. :open_mouth:

mushroomman:

robroy:
I see Steve Bruce got the ‘Manager of the month’ award.
He did seem to pull them round for the last few crucial games, but no coincidence our two best players coming back to match fitness after injuries.
It will maybe shut up the Bruce haters among the fans.
A good performance against a far superior Man City on friday night, and it looks like we’re safe now, and not fighting against relegation next week in the last match against Sheff Utd…
We need to spend some money in the summer, maybe a couple of free transfers (Andros Townshend has been mentioned) and rid of the dead wood,
Hopefully sell the club.

Are you now saying that the new owners could be putting Steve Bruce’s head on the chopping block Rob. :open_mouth:

I think that was always going to happen.He ain’t popular with most of the fans,.although I don’t know wtf they expected him to do with the group of players he had and the no doubt amount of interference from Ashley.
He was not brought in for us to win the league or whatever, he was brought in to do the job of keeping us in the Premier League, which he did…and unless I dreamt it he even matched or got somewhere near Rafas performance figures and league position the previous season.
I would just like to find out how he would do with the chance of being able to and allowed to buy the players of his choice with virtually unlimited resources, but I very much doubt he will be allowed to do so, or get a chance to prove himself at Newwcastle under more favourable terms…especially with fan pressure.

robroy:

That’s a bit harsh they were brilliant for the first 5 minutes. :wink:

They have already said they will spend £40 million i think that figure will now at least double for the first season and it’ll need to, how much are they allowed to spend, is financial fair play still a thing?

Bin Man:

robroy:

That’s a bit harsh they were brilliant for the first 5 minutes. :wink:

They have already said they will spend £40 million i think that figure will now at least double for the first season and it’ll need to, how much are they allowed to spend, is financial fair play still a thing?

Can’t see them getting any BIG names in the January window, I think that will come next season .

Our priority now is to stay in the Premier league, decent players the likes of Andros Townshend, or Wilfred Saha. would be the type of player for that, maybe a couple of on loan players who ain’t getting first team football at their club,… Stones at Man City, or Lingard for instance.

It would be nice to see Sterling coming who is not happy at Man City.

The likes of Pogba has been mentioned as one big name, :unamused: we certainly dont want him, he’s just another preening mercenary on the same stamp as Ballotelli or Nicholas Annelka of old, we can do without that type of player,.we want someone who will play passionate…for the club and badge.

If Sterling doesn’t stop moaning you are welcome to him.

Bin Man:

Some players are content to sit on the bench every Sat and collect their 100k a week, …he aint which shows his love for the game.
You can’t really blame him,.as Grealish seems to have taken his place nowadays,.and he wants to play.
Love him or hate him, he d be a good player for The Toon, it would be a shame for the Premier League if he went abroad.

chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f … r-21898453

Barstewards!! :smiling_imp:
Talk about sour grapes eh? :unamused:
We’ll.get our own back on these wonkers in the league within 2 seasons…■■■■ em. :imp:

robroy:

Bin Man:

Some players are content to sit on the bench every Sat and collect their 100k a week, …he aint which shows his love for the game.
You can’t really blame him,.as Grealish seems to have taken his place nowadays,.and he wants to play.
Love him or hate him, he d be a good player for The Toon, it would be a shame for the Premier League if he went abroad.

The thing is he knows he will get game time i think he is playing a little game and it may bite him on the arse, i cannot see Pep changing his team line-up because of this.

I would hate to see RM go but if he isn’t happy then go he must, no one should think they deserve to start every game it doesn’t work like that unless you have a small squad and there is a huge gap in talent between the usual starting 11 and the rest of the squad.

I guess Newcastle are going to have to deal with the same ■■■■■ we did when the oil money came in especially from the bitter barstewards who would have gladly taken the same money to improve their team but who will never admit it.

A Saudi Arabian-backed takeover of Newcastle United has been completed.

The Premier League has approved the takeover after receiving “legally binding assurances” that the Saudi state would not control the club.
Instead the Public Investment Fund (PIF), which will provide 80% of funds for the £300m deal, is seen as separate to the state.

The sale went through after the deal passed the Premier League owners’ and directors’ test.

The takeover brings to an end Mike Ashley’s 14-year spell as Newcastle United owner.

What’s next for Newcastle after £300m takeover?

A Premier League statement said: "The Premier League, Newcastle United Football Club and St James Holdings Limited have today settled the dispute over the takeover of the club by the consortium of PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

"The legal disputes concerned which entities would own and/or have the ability to control the club following the takeover. All parties have agreed the settlement is necessary to end the long uncertainty for fans over the club’s ownership.

"The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club.

“All parties are pleased to have concluded this process which gives certainty and clarity to Newcastle United Football Club and their fans.”

It was believed that a resolution came after Saudi Arabia settled an alleged piracy dispute with Qatar-based broadcaster beIN Sports, which own rights to show Premier League matches in the Middle East.

The Saudi Arabian state has been accused of human rights abuses, but with the majority owner PIF deemed a separate entity, that, and any piracy issues, were no longer an impediment to the takeover, in the Premier League’s view.

An article in Team Talk has Marc Overmars being touted as director of football but no clear runner for manger with the article highlighting the fact that OGS’s job may soon be vacant so any runners might want to hold out for that one.

Well I wonder what old Steve Bruce is thinking after todays result :question: , I bet he is pleased that he is best out of it. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: