Mystery switch

Hi all recently upgraded from my daf 75 to this nice scania p270 56

alot more comfort that in the daf it’s been remapped to 310hp this seems a little pointless to me as it’s got a poxy clutch saver and the daf can out pull and outrun it
However I can learn to live with that one thing that’s really getting to me is a scania original switch under the radio but without any label it was believed to be for the rear beacon however that seems to run on a permanent live everything else on the truck works exempt this switch.
Was in the fuse box the other day (pesky seat heater stopped drying my hoodies)
Noticed that the night heater fuse is marked rear beacon as there is no night heater is the night heater switch under the radio ?

Nice Rig

its just a day cab is it not ? so it won’t have a night heater . My new scania has a panic switch ( what ever the hell that’s for ) Could it be that ?

I think the switch in question is an ’ Agency switch '.

Give it a press to make sure.

If loads of bodywork damage occurs, your fuel tank becomes empty, your tacho roll runs out and your cab starts stinking, you know for sure.

eagerbeaver:

If loads of bodywork damage occurs, your fuel tank becomes empty, your tacho roll runs out and your cab starts stinking, you know for sure.

Don’t understand all the hate for agency drivers? Is it the same as the hatred for tipper drivers (jocular) or the hatred for Stobarts drivers (serious and well deserved)? As an agency driver I left everything clean and took my hi-viz off if I wasn’t on multidrop. I do have a limp but that’s from an old injury from school.

Like to see you do a days work where you do more than turn a twistlock.

What you mean like multi drop class 1 frozen food work for 12.5 hours today?

On the agency.

htmldude:

eagerbeaver:

Don’t understand all the hate for agency drivers? Is it the same as the hatred for tipper drivers

I don’t understand either .

eagerbeaver:

Nice one haha

eagerbeaver:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

big-john:

htmldude:

eagerbeaver:

Don’t understand all the hate for agency drivers? Is it the same as the hatred for tipper drivers

Its a running joke, its best not to rise to it.

Radar19:

big-john:

htmldude:

eagerbeaver:

Its a running joke, its best not to rise to it.

You rise and fall with every step when you have a limp mate! :wink:

nosmaster:
00 alot more comfort that in the daf it’s been remapped to 310hp this seems a little pointless to me as it’s got a poxy clutch saver and the daf can out pull and outrun it
However I can learn to live with that one thing that’s really getting to me is a scania original switch under the radio but without any label it was believed to be for the rear beacon however that seems to run on a permanent live everything else on the truck works exempt this switch.
Noticed that the night heater fuse is marked rear beacon as there is no night heater is the night heater switch under the radio ?

Is the rest of the roof on back order? Who’d you roger the wrong way in the office to be given that? I’ve seen garden nomes who wouldn’t fit in that cab.

Nice rest of the truck. Must say I have to admire your overhang.

It’s quite roomy actually yes it is a day cab I no there will be no night heater but the fuse box have 46 set up as the night heater crossed out and rear beacon on it like I say this switch seems to do nout only thing we replaced is the camera but I wouldn’t think that would be switched if I remember it was on a reverse switch . No agency drivers in my cab no 1 drives my truck but the garage 5on 2off we can’t get agency to do our job

James the cat:

nosmaster:
00 alot more comfort that in the daf it’s been remapped to 310hp this seems a little pointless to me as it’s got a poxy clutch saver and the daf can out pull and outrun it

Is the rest of the roof on back order? Who’d you roger the wrong way in the office to be given that? I’ve seen garden nomes who wouldn’t fit in that cab.

Nice rest of the truck. Must say I have to admire your overhang.

I like a small cab most of our stuff can just get under 14ft bridges

‘‘I like a small cab’’

Well you gotta say that considering that’s just what you got !! :laughing:

Switch in question

It would b upside down

I would try contacting previous owner, ask them if they know what it is for.

Dealer tbh the truck needed sum tlc the winch has been seized since we had it that’s getting sorted soon my question really would the loom for the night heater be there even if it’s not fitted to day cabs if so that could link the fuse to the switch witch would lead me to belive iv got a broken wire somewhere or someone’s bodged the beacon

was that an Irish lorry ?
Could that be “The Switch” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: