My shiny new licence has arrived!

Hey guys/gals!

Just to let you all know, I received my nice new shiny licence back today, which includes all the categories now. So, I won’t ever have to go through another test again. :smiley:

Not bad going I think, considering I only passed the C+E on Jan 17th! :sunglasses: I would just like to say a big “Thanks!” to all those on the forum who gave me best wishes and advice during my training, with special thanks to Harry Monk. I would also like to point out that I appreciate the fact that although I now have all those categories on my licence I certainly don’t know it all and am always looking to expand my knowledge and experience. So, all those ‘old hands’ out there, please still be gentle with me! :laughing:

Now the real fun begins… :unamused:

Go get a job driving artics now, you know you waannaa! :laughing:

Seriously though the license turnaround time was great for you, wish I got my C back so quick but it was over the festive period so I guess that slowed it down a lot.

What do mean No more tests, i’m sure you will add a few more categories at a later date :wink:

Now the hard bit starts. Go out there and show them all you are ready to take their lorries out.

Noworries:
No more tests, i’m sure you will add a few more categories at a later date :wink:

Not quite true. You often have to do an assessment drive to show you are reasonably competent :slight_smile:

dar1976:
Not quite true. You often have to do an assessment drive to show you are reasonably competent :slight_smile:

Ah, now that is a totally different thing altogether. I have absolutely no problems with assessments (or interviews either). I mean those nerve-racking official tests that can cost hundreds of pounds if you fail!! :confused:

Get you cat D booked and cat G and H go on you know you want to :smiley:

Noworries:

And get a chance to meet the public, get more abuse at work and drive for less money!

Noworries:

Already done the Cat D mate and I don’t think GH is gonna help much! :unamused: I aquired my PCV licence in 2005, just a year after my Cat C but soon realised that coach driving wasn’t for me. I found that mainly doing school runs followed by cleaning coaches in the yard all day put me off!! :confused:

How many times have you picked that licence up and looked at it since it arrived? Good innit? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

LJA:

Noworries:

Already done the Cat D mate and I don’t think GH is gonna help much! :unamused: I aquired my PCV licence in 2005, just a year after my Cat C but soon realised that coach driving wasn’t for me. I found that mainly doing school runs followed by cleaning coaches in the yard all day put me off!! :confused:

Funnily enough i was on a course last week with a coach driver, i asked him about the pro’s and con’s of the job, he said he enjoyed doing the euro trips taking pensioners to saltzburg (sound of music tour) good tips etc, he did a spell with firstbus on the service buses and stated he lasted 3 days before jacking, abusive “yoofs” that never had the correct fare, reported by passengers for being 5 minutes late or 5 mins early ! and the last shift on a friday and saturday night around the local estates was always interesting the “funbus” the drivers called it, the top deck were brawling whilst the bottom deck rear bench seat was used as a urinal with 5 burly blokes all stood in a line completely legless.Think i will give that job a miss. !!

roadrunner:
Funnily enough i was on a course last week with a coach driver, i asked him about the pro’s and con’s of the job, he said he enjoyed doing the euro trips taking pensioners to saltzburg (sound of music tour) good tips etc, he did a spell with firstbus on the service buses and stated he lasted 3 days before jacking, abusive “yoofs” that never had the correct fare, reported by passengers for being 5 minutes late or 5 mins early ! and the last shift on a friday and saturday night around the local estates was always interesting the “funbus” the drivers called it, the top deck were brawling whilst the bottom deck rear bench seat was used as a urinal with 5 burly blokes all stood in a line completely legless.Think i will give that job a miss. !!

Exactly!

It really all depends on the company and location of the routes I guess as it’s not all that bad. It’s like most things in life, it only takes a very small minority to spoil things.

Oh, and Coffeeholic… yeah it feels great mate! :smiley: I keep checking it, to see if it’s still there!! :laughing:

LJA:
Oh, and Coffeeholic… yeah it feels great mate! :smiley: I keep checking it, to see if it’s still there!! :laughing:

I knew you would be, nice one. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

LJA:

I keep doing that, and I’ve only got my C provisional! I’ll be like a child at Christmas drinking Sunny Delight when I finally get my CE!

Gary

Dented:

Noworries:

And get a chance to meet the public, get more abuse at work and drive for less money!

Less money, in London buses drivers are on more than £7.50 - £ 8.50 ph for driving look more at £14 - £18 ph for driving a bus. and they know what time they will be home dont have to worry about some jumped up 18 year old ■■■■■■■■ who thinks he knows it all when doing a drop or put your truck there driver no mate it wont go in that gap sure it will you can get a car in the gap sdo you can get the truck in it.

dont get stuck out sleeping in a dirty cab what some fat greasy bloke has sweated in and smoked all day … Bus driving is easier and better paid job.

Abuse you only get abused if you let them get to you.

discoman:
… Bus driving is easier and better paid job.

Erm. I guess you have a point there mate. If you can turn the other cheek and have a pretty thick skin, then I guess you would be better suited to driving a bus, especially if you prefer to know exactly where you are going and when you will be finishing every day. Not to mention the better rate of pay! :unamused:

scaniason:

Coffeeholic:

LJA:

I keep doing that, and I’ve only got my C provisional! I’ll be like a child at Christmas drinking Sunny Delight when I finally get my CE!

Gary

Hiya Gary!

Hehe. Just keep at it mate and you will also get there. Every single one of us who now have C+E have been in the same position you are in. So, don’t think you are going through this on your own. We all paid our money, then got as nervous as anything whilst being tested. But it is worth it in the end, and I’m sure it won’t be long before you join us.

But good luck with it anyway mate. :sunglasses:

I still look at mine everyday, haha, just need a break now! :slight_smile:

LJA:

discoman:
… Bus driving is easier and better paid job.

Erm. I guess you have a point there mate. If you can turn the other cheek and have a pretty thick skin, then I guess you would be better suited to driving a bus, especially if you prefer to know exactly where you are going and when you will be finishing every day. Not to mention the better rate of pay! :unamused:

Btw mate,

Keep that licence polished and congrats on the pass!

discoman:
Btw mate,

Keep that licence polished and congrats on the pass!

Thanks dude! :sunglasses:

Re- no more tests.

Youll still have a few ‘exams’and payouts.
45/50 age Medicals were £90 each (iv heard of £140 doctors charge).
£19 + £1.25 recorded post for new digi card
New photo is about a fiver.
Im PAYE agency but still buy my own boots/ maps etc.
Hour long driving assessments usually with bolshy tester who goose steps to the truck +reversing on bay/uncouple trailer etc +how to pick up a cardboard box.