My second week in and I love this job

For all of you thinking of embarking in a career in hgv do it because I can say it’s the best thing I’ve done. I passed in January and got on agency £9ph ltd with p&h (defo marmite) found a company local who do delivers to supermarkets it’s ok money is not amazing but it’s a start £7.50 plus time and half after 8hrs no crash bonus of £1200 at the end of the year plus 90p per hour to cover my holiday I’m on my second night tramping I’m only doing days 3-4 days a week then a night out missus does not like me away but hey it’s only one night a week the company are really nice and been going for nearly 100yr 3 generations I’m really enjoying it. I work average 12hrs a day bit long but driving trucks is easy tai lift off the gear, sign and done on to the next one I’ve got 11 drops over two days. I’m on my 4th now that’s tomorrow then I’m done I’m parked at my 6th drop so up for 8:30 to drop it off then they will probably have something lined up for the afternoon pick ups I’m reversing great and gears are going well I’m in a 6 gear 18t I’ve not even tried a 7.5 yet lol

I will say revering is tricky but I’m getting it ok customers bit moody so I’m thinking of going CE soon so I can work my experience into that too agency keep asking me to go back to p&h but I don’t want too I don’t really like it.

Only downside is that I would like to be on 8.50 plus my 90p holiday but beggars can’t be choosers I’m getting experience and that what matters and they don’t put pressure on me it gets done when it’s done I do it safely and properly which the company likes

So if your thinking about it go for it get your experience now because in 10 yr time the shortage will be mega and you will have got your experience done and dusted

Thats wonderfull, now, tell us what you eat ?

ringfur:
Thats wonderfull, now, tell us what you eat ?

marmite?

Only

Bacon
Egg
Cakes
Sandwiches
Chocolate bars
Cakes

:open_mouth:

Da da da da da I’m loving it

And sausages forgot that one

Best trolling thread I’ve seen for a while :laughing:
If it isn’t then wow :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Choc chip tesco muffins to be exact :smiley:

Today lets see what tomorrow brings

Need to start doing pack lunch to save money

Just thought I would be positive as nearly every post on this site is a moan. Is it not?

just wait till you bag a hitcher, youll need to keep your nosh handy for an alfresco pic-nic, so dont be eatin all your sausage now !.

I can’t work out out how to lock my drivers side door eeeeeeek lol I can lock the pass side not the drivers help daf cf

Digit369:
Just thought I would be positive as nearly every post on this site is a moan. Is it not?

Just give it 25 years son, and you’ll understand. :wink:

Digit369:
I can’t work out out how to lock my drivers side door eeeeeeek lol I can lock the pass side not the drivers help daf cf

If you can’t figure it out and you aint too keen on having your ■■■■ cherry popped during the night you could always put a strap through the inside door handles to stop anyone opening it.

Just don’t set the cab on fire during the night. :wink:

You sound like you’re about to head down the shiney shiney, frilly curtain route in week 3.

Now we know Kim Jong Un attacked the sony empire, and looking at the user avatar it seems he is now attacking the TN conglomerate.

Digit369:
For all of you thinking of embarking in a career in hgv do it because I can say it’s the best thing I’ve done. I passed in January and got on agency £9ph ltd with p&h (defo marmite) found a company local who do delivers to supermarkets it’s ok money is not amazing but it’s a start £7.50 plus time and half after 8hrs no crash bonus of £1200 at the end of the year plus 90p per hour to cover my holiday I’m on my second night tramping I’m only doing days 3-4 days a week then a night out missus does not like me away but hey it’s only one night a week the company are really nice and been going for nearly 100yr 3 generations I’m really enjoying it. I work average 12hrs a day bit long but driving trucks is easy tai lift off the gear, sign and done on to the next one I’ve got 11 drops over two days. I’m on my 4th now that’s tomorrow then I’m done I’m parked at my 6th drop so up for 8:30 to drop it off then they will probably have something lined up for the afternoon pick ups I’m reversing great and gears are going well I’m in a 6 gear 18t I’ve not even tried a 7.5 yet lol

I will say revering is tricky but I’m getting it ok customers bit moody so I’m thinking of going CE soon so I can work my experience into that too agency keep asking me to go back to p&h but I don’t want too I don’t really like it.

Only downside is that I would like to be on 8.50 plus my 90p holiday but beggars can’t be choosers I’m getting experience and that what matters and they don’t put pressure on me it gets done when it’s done I do it safely and properly which the company likes

So if your thinking about it go for it get your experience now because in 10 yr time the shortage will be mega and you will have got your experience done and dusted

Same here, been at it 4 years and still love it, very rarely do I go to work hating it, love the freedom and openness of the job.
Decent pay at £11ph and usually stress free days :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:

Digit369:

Just give it 25 years son, and you’ll understand. :wink:

aye Harry try 34yrs I can moan at an Olympic gold level standard…would .have to choose between Team UK or Canada…lol…

Digit369:
For all of you thinking of embarking in a career in hgv…

:laughing:

Have you got lost little one? Would you like me to walk you back next door to the newbie forum?

Contraflow:

Digit369:

Have you got lost little one? Would you like me to walk you back next door to the newbie forum?

but he’s mastered gears now, all six of them :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Digit369:

just give it 25 years son, and you’ll understand. :wink:

lol :sunglasses: I’m still here :laughing: just :smiley: although I still enjoy it :grimacing:

m_attt:

Contraflow:

Digit369:

but he’s mastered gears now, all six of them :laughing:

Even so, someone needs to take him back before Dipper Dave gets here and takes away his childhood in the most brutal way.