My quest for class 1

roadrunner:
Thanks jennie, i had a horrific time for lots of different reasons doing class 2 way back in 2004, passed on the 6th or was it 7th attempt ? :blush: something that still haunts me, i always said i would never do class 1 because of past trials and tribulations, fast forward to today i find myself redundant and unemployed for the second time in 18 months , having just come off the back of 7 months of class 2 HIAB at a builders merchants / civil engineering suppliers, so whilst i now have some downtime and nothing more to lose i shall give it a go, plus it goes favorably with the good people of the JCP.

You have the required skill and aptitude.!

All you need is lady-luck on the day, something that has eluded me in the past.

All the very best Jennie.

Ian

All the best for next week and stay positive :wink:

roadrunner:
Thanks jennie, i had a horrific time for lots of different reasons doing class 2 way back in 2004, passed on the 6th or was it 7th attempt ? :blush: something that still haunts me, i always said i would never do class 1 because of past trials and tribulations, fast forward to today i find myself redundant and unemployed for the second time in 18 months , having just come off the back of 7 months of class 2 HIAB at a builders merchants / civil engineering suppliers, so whilst i now have some downtime and nothing more to lose i shall give it a go, plus it goes favorably with the good people of the JCP.

All the very best Jennie.

Ian

And too you mate all the best you will nail it first time go for it and hopefully your luck will be turning
Jxx

Animal

You gotta go for it as soon as you can once weather improves when I saw you at bretts you had the biggest smile on ya face whilst driving the artic if I can bite the bullit so can you , :smiley:

jx

Good luck Jennie :grimacing:

Good Luck! Jennie and Roadrunner! :wink:

dessy:
Good Luck! Jennie and Roadrunner! :wink:

+1

Jennie:
ā€¦ all in all had a great morning surprised at how comfortable I felt after about 10 mins

Hi Jenny,

I donā€™t often say this to people, but in your case and only since weā€™ve metā€¦
I told you so. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Jennie:
ā€¦ gotta retrain myself to keep hands on the steering wheel again as have a tendonsy to drive with gearstick in hand :wink:

I wonā€™t write anything witty about taxi drivers here. :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

Good luck Jenny!! :smiley:

roadrunner:
ā€¦ i had a horrific time for lots of different reasons doing class 2 way back in 2004, passed on the 6th or was it 7th attempt ? :blush: something that still haunts me,

Hi roadrunner,

Iā€™m not sure why that would still haunt you because you were successful in reaching the required standard. TBH, itā€™s the fact that you achieved the standard that really counts, and thatā€™s a fact which is indisputable by anybody.

roadrunner:
ā€¦ having just come off the back of 7 months of class 2 HIAB at a builders merchants / civil engineering suppliers, so whilst i now have some downtime and nothing more to lose i shall give it a go, plus it goes favorably with the good people of the JCP.

Thatā€™s called experience mate, itā€™s valuable and provable, and will only be to your benefit for the future.
IMHO, that experience will also tend to put you at ease when you drive the larger vehicle.

roadrunner:

Thatā€™s just saved me typing the same thing to you. :grimacing: :wink:

roadrunner:

You have a point there mate, cos luck (or the lack of it) is the one thing thatā€™s unpredictable.
TBF though, a lot of ā€˜situationsā€™ can be avoided by good observation, speed control and forward planning which then minimises your reliance on receiving such a large slice of luck. :wink:

Good luck!! :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi Jenny,

I donā€™t often say this to people, but in your case and only since weā€™ve metā€¦
I told you so. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr DD i bow to u I know I know :wink:

dieseldave:

Jenny:
[ ā€¦ gotta retrain myself to keep hands on the steering wheel again as have a tendonsy to drive with gearstick in hand :wink:

I wonā€™t write anything witty about taxi drivers here. :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

I dont know what u mean :wink: :laughing:

And reference to our conversation last time we met , I will be getting 28 hrs of cpc training with my course and with the 7 I aready have will have my cpc card by the end of the week so thats good news :smiley: :smiley:

keep those fingers crossed on fri and on thurs for roadrunner too and we will be able to enjoy your fireworks :wink:

jen ā– ā– 

Jennie:
And reference to our conversation last time we met , I will be getting 28 hrs of cpc training with my course and with the 7 I aready have will have my cpc card by the end of the week so thats good news :smiley: :smiley:

Thatā€™s excellent news indeed Jenny. :smiley:
This truck driving lark is coming together quite nicely for you.

Jennie:
keep those fingers crossed on fri and on thurs for roadrunner too and we will be able to enjoy your fireworks :wink:

Everything thatā€™s crossable is already crossed, so now itā€™s up to you. :smiley:

animal:
I will take my Cat CE soon

Thatā€™s great news. :smiley:

animal:
Good luck YOU CAN do it

Youā€™re the second person today who has saved me from typing the same thing back to them, so thanks for that. :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

Good luck, failed my class 1 on friday , went over the kerb on a tight left turn literally 2 mins from getting back to the test centre :cry: but all good experiance tho got retest booked for 28 nov !

crazyhorse260:
Good luck, failed my class 1 on friday , went over the kerb on a tight left turn literally 2 mins from getting back to the test centre :cry: but all good experiance tho got retest booked for 28 nov !

Sorry to hear that mate, fingers crossed for you next time.

Good luck Jen and RR keep the posts coming. Rich

crazyhorse260:

Gutted for you hope retest goes well on 28th

jen x

Well Day 2
Did reversing and uncoupling coupling exercise all day today , did not go well im oversteering and just sending trailer all over place only managed to do it once ok the rest even when took shunts and veh straight could not even send veh back in a straight line :cry: by the end of today have serious doubts about my ability to do this got another reverse on wed morn tomorrow will be doing the test routes , so am not in a good place a moment so much so that when did a final uncouple couple up at end of day would have failed for not telling examiner that would put on my number plate before doing all lights checks even forgot to check height indicator on trailer and check inside cab that height matched , so am now feeling a bit overwelmed and trying to get back some positivity :frowning: oh well tomorrow start again will try and get my confidence back !
jx

would have failed for not telling examiner that would put on my number plate before doing all lights checks even forgot to check height indicator on trailer and check inside cab that height matched

You wouldnā€™t fail for this. Donā€™t worry about stuff that doesnā€™t matter. Everyone has a bad day - or two. Itā€™s perfectly normal.

But donā€™t concern yourself with trivia that wont cost a test.

Best of luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Before I get shouted at, the points about checking trailer height matching height indicator in cab and replacing number plates ARE important in the real world.

But a test aint the real world and thereā€™s no need to get involved in that for the purposes of test. Some examiners like to hear a mention of the number plate but thatā€™s as far as it goes. It could never be a fail.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Jennie:
Well Day 2
Did reversing and uncoupling coupling exercise all day today , did not go well im oversteering and just sending trailer all over place only managed to do it once ok the rest even when took shunts and veh straight could not even send veh back in a straight line :cry: by the end of today have serious doubts about my ability to do this got another reverse on wed morn tomorrow will be doing the test routes , so am not in a good place a moment so much so that when did a final uncouple couple up at end of day would have failed for not telling examiner that would put on my number plate before doing all lights checks even forgot to check height indicator on trailer and check inside cab that height matched , so am now feeling a bit overwelmed and trying to get back some positivity :frowning: oh well tomorrow start again will try and get my confidence back !
jx

thanx for the support , the examiner was fair with me but it saw a tight entry to the roundabout good experiance tho . I had a night mare with my reversing on my second day too and felt really ā– ā– ā– ā–  afterwards. really needed to get my head round the first 10 yards, so tried doing what the bobsleigh boys do in the olympics and go through it in your head , tho you look a ā– ā– ā–  sat on the loo with you eyes closed going through the motions, so to speak :laughing: of turning the wheel the right amount to get you past the first cone. but it worked and didnā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā–  up the reverse on test no shunt either! good luck Jen :wink:

I thought I would never get used to the reverse malarky, we did it in 3 stages, straight reverse then diagonal reverse then all 3 together. I only managed into the garage 1st time about twice always needed a shunt, got it in first time on test day but then failed :imp: on the drive. My instructor told us not too much steering, ā€œBig circles big tears, small circles big smilesā€ You will get there in the end, good luck.