My quest for class 1

Well D Day is nearly here ,tomorrow will start my class 1 training , cant settle at mo all housework is done as bin trying to keep my mind off it all as feeling very nervous not about the training but the bloody test , and thats not till friday :unamused: will try and get some pics to put up and do a little diary for you all ,
so all there is to say is be carefull around the slough area all next week as that jc coates training artic will have me behind the wheel :wink:

jenx :sunglasses:

Watch a re-run of Ice Road in India ,that should put you at ease?

stay calm, and go with the flow,good luck with your lesons, and even gooder luck for your test on friday :smiley:

Good at last you are doing it pleased I was in Reading last week then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Take your time etc you know the drill & good luck & enjoy it

I have done my Reading stint at the beginning of this week. So safe :slight_smile:

Good luck Jen. Hope you sail through it. Just don’t read my diary for pointers :wink:

Looking forward to reading the diary x

Reading just up rd for me should of given me a shout id av bought the coffee ! :wink:
Dar you wernt on the way to london yesterday( fri morn )saw a red scania rigid in traffic m4 j3-2 had somerset on cab and as went past thought the guy looked like your avatar if thats you in the pic (he was aving a good ol sing song to somat! :laughing: )
jx

No Jen. I was on way back from 3 day run to Yorkshire on home delivery in blue rigid. WB&H. I am on for them until Christmas.

Yes the avatar pic is me. And I am very often singing along to something.

Next time I am Reading way I will give you a shout.

Ooh, good luck!

Good luck with your training and test Jen. Im sure you’ll be fine. Looking forward to reading your diary as I will be taking the CE plunge soon too. :slight_smile:

Good Luck Jennie, wish you all the best with the training and test, go get em !! :smiley:

Starting my class 1 training on monday morning, test on thursday at 2pm, i shall wish us both good luck !.

Well just got back thought id post whilst still fresh in mind : crackin mornins drive was on my own today as other guy im training with dont start till mon morn so did all driving today and went all through slough headed through uxbridge and then onto test center at yeading to have a look around and have a go at getting out test center as blind right turn out , all in all had a great morning surprised at how comfortable I felt after about 10 mins or so is a merc axor with 4 over four slapover gearbox really easy to use instructor Alan comented that still remembered all the training for class 2 tried hill start no probs there just got to get used to the delay in trailer releasing before put foot down to pull away and gotta retrain myself to keep hands on the steering wheel again as have a tendonsy to drive with gearstick in hand :wink: had no probs positioning and my nemisis when doing class 2 the white hart rbt up nr yeading easier in artic as trailer stops all the numpties in cars trying to squeeze past so feel better about that after this morning :smiley: :smiley:
Alan reckons should have no probs and should be more than ready by next fri found out test time 8.30 am :frowning: so will have to watch out for rush hour traffic all the mums on school runs etc but at least will know wont be able to go in bus lanes so one less thing to worry about , :wink:
And heres some pics took them after instructor left and this was also my first reversing exercise bloody tight but managed to guide her in nice and slow and left nice and straight ready for mon morn :smiley: :smiley:

roadrunner:
Starting my class 1 training on monday morning, test on thursday at 2pm, i shall wish us both good luck !.

All the very best t ya good luck for thurs will watch out for that post that says ya passed :smiley:

Jx

Jennie:

roadrunner:

All the very best t ya good luck for thurs will watch out for that post that says ya passed :smiley:

Jx

Good luck to both

Thanks jennie, i had a horrific time for lots of different reasons doing class 2 way back in 2004, passed on the 6th or was it 7th attempt ? :blush: something that still haunts me, i always said i would never do class 1 because of past trials and tribulations, fast forward to today i find myself redundant and unemployed for the second time in 18 months , having just come off the back of 7 months of class 2 HIAB at a builders merchants / civil engineering suppliers, so whilst i now have some downtime and nothing more to lose i shall give it a go, plus it goes favorably with the good people of the JCP.

You have the required skill and aptitude.!

All you need is lady-luck on the day, something that has eluded me in the past.

All the very best Jennie.

Ian

Roadrunner please stay positive as that was in the past which is now behind you keep the eyes forward as that is where they are supposed to be

As what is done is done cant turn back time & if it feels right now then go for it

I will take my Cat CE soon but just have to sort a few things out ( not keen on doing this time of year as I remember last time had test booked for 4th dec which was cancelled eventually took in feb as cancelled several times in between due to weather )

Good luck YOU CAN do it

A good first day Jen by all accounts.

Will be watching for the favourable result on Friday.

All the best this week.

Dean

Good luck RR.

I am sure you have had plenty of on the road experience since those tests years ago which will give you far better idea of what to expect this time round.

Dont worry. Take your time and good luck.

Good luck to both Jennie and Roadrunner when doing your class 1.

Glad ya enjoyed, it Jen all the best for the rest off next week :wink: