My new FH18

E5622AEC-BB95-4366-AC6E-1B780BEDDF99.jpeg

Well it’s not what most of you thought but it’s finally at the dealers nearly ready to take off in as soon as the extras are fitted. It was ordered in November !

And Pete Smythe the missus will be coming to you very soon…to learn how to drive safely.

Cannot wait to sod off around Europe .

my Mrs was on about something like this , I remember a mate on about he paid 45k for one , is that ever right ? , I’m struggling to justify it for x of weeks a year , but might be something we’d enjoy when we retire

Looks smart mate, tidy investment you have made to get that. Me and the Mrs thinking about going down the camper van route. I’m more swayed towards the van conversion type though.

Very nice!

I could have bought a very tidy FH16 with what this cost…but that would have involved working again.

It’s tag axled and can carry hell of a lot of good vino home too, 900kg payload !
Taken a lot of planning to get this organised, so I am taking a little trip , a bit like Harry Monk, but further afield and a tad quicker and in the warm during winter.

dozy:
my Mrs was on about something like this , I remember a mate on about he paid 45k for one , is that ever right ? , I’m struggling to justify it for x of weeks a year , but might be something we’d enjoy when we retire

I have retired Dozy, and the list price fully loaded is nigh on double that Pal

V envious. The cost of those things always amazes me but they do hold their value well and if you’re going to use it lots then in the king term they’re good value.
Enjoy, you lucky so and so [emoji23]

P.s. my mum bought a 2003 motorhome last year with a genuine 12.000 miles on the clock!!! [emoji15]

Next be joining the stobart spotting club

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
Next be joining the stobart spotting club

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

■■■■■■■ never ever whilst I have breath in me…

3 wheeler:

dozy:

I have retired Dozy, and the list price fully loaded is nigh on double that Pal

I knew it wouldn’t be cheap if suggestion came from Mrs lol , enjoy yourselves , very nice

This has my alarm bells ringing - a motorhome + competent driver is not a typical combination.
Could you drive it erratically so as not to confuse us?

Seriously though, looks very smart. :grimacing:
Aiming to get mine in the next 6 months or so.

heres mine ,I prefer the German Gardner 5 pot ,this be my 3rd merc over the yrs ,France is easy the others are a bit more fussy about where you put the anchor down ,oh ■■■■ I forgot to cover my face and reg number :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 wheeler:
Well it’s not what most of you thought but it’s finally at the dealers nearly ready to take off in as soon as the extras are fitted. It was ordered in November !

And Pete Smythe the missus will be coming to you very soon…to learn how to drive safely.

Cannot wait to sod off around Europe .

France is surely the best place in Europe to tour in motor home.
Over here now in Brittany.
Loads of Aires to park etc.
We spent two nights parked near loctudy close to some dunes, right on the beach.
A sign had a notice restricting overnight parking to 3 nights.
Say what you like about the French, if you don’t wear a Burma they are a tolerant race.
Also notice trucks parking on supermarket car parks that are just off main trunk roads like the N12.
Try that in the uk.

ROADRANGER:
France is surely the best place in Europe to tour in motor home.
Over here now in Brittany.
Loads of Aires to park etc.
We spent two nights parked near loctudy close to some dunes, right on the beach.
A sign had a notice restricting overnight parking to 3 nights.
Say what you like about the French, if you don’t wear a Burma they are a tolerant race.
Also notice trucks parking on supermarket car parks that are just off main trunk roads like the N12.
Try that in the uk.

Mr leclerk has cracked down in recent yrs with height barriers due to the pi$$ takers wtf wants to park on his car park anyway ?

I always drop on in small towns or villages just head for the nearest river and good free parking can be found ,better than these ■■■■ zb in Austria & Swiss that cram you in a site like sardines and charge you to breath !

When I said trucks, I meant the 40t ones.
I have managed to get away occasionally in UK with sneaking on the odd supermarket car path to do shopping, it’s quite commonplace in France.
Like I said, easy going French.
Not including ones in uniforms.

Not to put a downer on your new motorhome ,but if it is a FIAT Ducato ask if it is subject to the EGR cooler recall …For some odd reason we get a lot of FIAT motorhomes in to a commercial dealership when there is a FIAT car dealer who sells vans down the road…And for some reason we don’t touch them on a weekend as FIAT won’t pay the weekend rate if warranty …You will also learn you can not do anything on the bloody thing without removing the headlamps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …FIAT do sell a good few motorhomes …You’ll now come back with its a pug citroen lol

norb:
Not to put a downer on your new motorhome ,but if it is a FIAT Ducato ask if it is subject to the EGR cooler recall …For some odd reason we get a lot of FIAT motorhomes in to a commercial dealershiip when there is a FIAT car dealer who sells vans down the road…And for some reason we don’t touch them on a weekend as FIAT won’t pay the weekend rate if warranty …You will also learn you can not do anything on the bloody thing without removing the headlamps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …FIAT do sell a good few motorhomes …You’ll now come back with its a pug citroen lol

Not meaning to be a snob but I have a merc for good reason ,having the same model pick up with 900’000 miles on and having had merc before then Iam on first name terms even with small parts with in the oil pump :laughing:

Ewwwwww a fiat…

I kid, they are somewhat decent now… well mostly. :grimacing:

Fix It Again Tommorrow.