My first Trucknet tacho question

Don’t usually ask Tacho based questions on here, mainly because drivers hours rules bore the arse off me, and I don’t fear the wrath of hell as some do on here if I balls up on them.
I have also light heartedly took the ■■■■ out of a couple of experts in the past :blush: , so I wouldn’t get an easy ride anyway. :laughing:
So this is more curiosity rather than concern, and is more of a tech question rather than a hours one.

I was sat on Fri, thouroughly bored with life, and started fiddling with the tacho head :blush: bad move.
Anyway I got a symbol where the mode normally is saying.‘‘OUT’’ and the symbol moved to above the milage.
Could I ■■■■ get it back to normal after even more fiddling :smiley:

When I parked up at night instead of leaving the card in as I normally do, I took it out.
Next day everything ok.

So…what did I do, and what did it mean.
Cheers.

out of scope ■■
think its used when doing a lot of off road work .
An expert will be along presently to tell us more .

The OUT option is to set it to “out of scope”, which is used for any work which isn’t under EU regs.

You could use it if you were working under domestic rules, or doing driving which was entirely off public roads.

Glen A9:
The OUT option is to set it to “out of scope”, which is used for any work which isn’t under EU regs.

You could use it if you were working under domestic rules, or doing driving which was entirely off public roads.

Ok thanks for that mate, just wrote ‘Entry error’ on printout, so not expecting a firing squad. :smiley:

Bloody braver than me, i never fiddle with the things other than to ponce about for ten mins twice a year to set local time, don’t ask me how i get there either cos i can never remember how to get there, but seem to be the only bugger in the yard who can do it cos half the sods get me to set theirs for them… :open_mouth:

From the big build up I sense a lot of pride was swallowed asking this :laughing:

If you’d gone back to the same menu OUT would’ve become IN. Select that and you go back to In Scope mode.

James the cat:
From the big build up I sense a lot of pride was swallowed asking this :laughing:

No not really mate, like I said I was just curious.
I pre empted the post because I knew one or two on here would have jumped on the fact that I had asked a tacho question, when I have said many times that I don’t take all the crap too seriously, and don’t get all hissy fitted if I go over a couple of mins or whatever, nor care about all the obscure and pedantic regs attached to the everyday ones.
That was all.
Some are ■■■■ scared of doing so, have a read back at some past threads. :unamused:

robroy:

James the cat:

No not really mate, like I said I was just curious.
I pre empted the post because I knew one or two on here would have jumped on the fact that I had asked a tacho question, when I have said many times that I don’t take all the crap too seriously, and don’t get all hissy fitted if I go over a couple of mins or whatever, nor care about all the obscure and pedantic regs attached to the everyday ones.
That was all.
Some are [zb] scared of doing so, have a read back at some past threads. :unamused:

Catch yourself on Rob mate. I’m just teasing

I’m no tacho expert Robroy me old China but I suspect that the “out” was in fact your tachographs own personal take on you with your tassel laden curtains and pink shirts! :wink:

the maoster:
I’m no tacho expert Robroy me old China but I suspect that the “out” was in fact your tachographs own personal take on you with your tassel laden curtains and pink shirts! :wink:

:smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

You mean a sublime supernatural message from strange tachographical powers telling me which path in life I should be taking… :open_mouth:
Funny you should say that, because at the same time Lady Ga Ga came on the radio followed by Erasure, and I got a strange urge to put on a pair of leather hot pants and dance, and then I decided to stop shaving my top lip at the weekend.
Bloody hell I could be the new Village People member, they don’t have a trucker. :smiley:

robroy:

the maoster:

You mean a sublime supernatural message from strange tachographical powers telling me which path in life I should be taking… :open_mouth:
Funny you should say that, because at the same time Lady Ga Ga came on the radio followed by Erasure, and I got a strange urge to put on a pair of leather hot pants and dance, and then I decided to stop shaving my top lip at the weekend.
Bloody hell I could be the new Village People member, they don’t have a trucker. :smiley:

I think what you ment there rob was you were looking for your assless chapps.

Colin_scottish:

robroy:

the maoster:

I think what you ment there rob was you were looking for your assless chapps.

To be fair bud, I was entirely joking, so I don’t really know all the street terms and jargon for all this stuff…but hey, it looks as if you are quite well versed in it all . :wink: :laughing:

Thought you were goin to some kind of party rob and thats why you wanted the leather hotpants :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Just fill it in…

In your third log book.

yourhavingalarf:
Just fill it in…

In your third log book.

I left that behind in my Transcontinental. :smiley:

Can’t beat a but of messing with the Tacho Head. Once came across a driver with a large carving knife stabbing away at slot 1. I thought he was trying to kill the rabid beast but when questioned he said that he had got bored waiting for the card to come out and decided to speed up the process!

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
Just fill it in…

In your third log book.

I left that behind in my Transcontinental. :smiley:

What in Thailand, you naughty boy.

I must say I’m extremely impressed with how fast this thread went gay. :wink:

You can blame Maoster for that.
Think he’s putting out some feelers on here…so as to speak. :smiley: