My first speeding ticket

Just got letter and form from Thames Valley Police saying that I exceed 30 MPH speed, I got flashed at 35MHP, LOL it was 3am and when the camera flashed got very bright on road, anyway I have form to fill up stating if it was me driving the car ect., I’m not worry about the fine is just the points that I don’t want, I was thinking asking them about Speed Awareness Course but they writing in the form where I can’t ask for it :unamused: if i will meet strict criteria they will offer to me (that wont happend) never got speeding tickect or any fines for driving or anything else, so whats my chance for not getting points on my licence, it happend in my car on the way to work.

Any one got any experiance with this■■?

Done a speed awareness course last week,jt cost me 88 quid it wasnt as bad as i thort it wud be.When they get your details they will probably give you the choice,i wud take the course :smiley:

malenki22:
…so whats my chance for not getting points on my licence, it happend in my car on the way to work.

If you plead guilty, you WILL get points! Alternative is to contest the prosecution, but unless you can prove it was NOT you driving, you WILL get a bigger fine and costs AND points.

If you try to avoid paying the fine/getting the points by telling porkies, you will probably get a custodial sentence when they prove it was you!

Sorry. But if it’s your first speeding ticket, just eat the three points and drive to work more slowly for the next three years!

(Of course, they may offer you the course… Do what Bigrig suggests if you get the chance!)

thanks for quick reply, also should they send you photo, they claiming that if will go to court then will be provided■■?

Letter is called Notice of Intended Prosecution

When you do get the points don’t forget to tell your insurance company, otherwise, should you make a claim ,it might not get paid out

Just spoken to Thames Valley police and I asked about the criteria ect. not been able to get any info because the office is now close, got to ring back on monday and see if they can sort something out, oh well i will wait till monday and talk to them then post back the form I have 28 days, if I get the points wonder what my insurance would be :confused:

you can request a photo if you so wish

also check your tyres as this has a bearin on things also your speedo & is the camera set up properly as IIRC not long ago there was a case that the camera was set too low :unamused: but al got there money back & point taken off :stuck_out_tongue:

there are also other factors you can take into account if it was only 5mph over the limit but soz cant remember them all there is a site on the net some where

nokia test

when the camera flashed first time it was 35 then just slamed on my breaks then flashed 2nd time not sure what was the speed of the 2nd flash but I’m sure it was under 30, I will have to take my chances with the fine and points will ring them on monday and see what they saying :confused:

Cruise Control:
nokia test

what is nokia test■■?

malenki22:
if I get the points wonder what my insurance would be :confused:

Probably won’t make a lot or any difference to what you’re currently paying.

malenki22:

Cruise Control:
nokia test

what is nokia test■■?

sorry was just testing the tapatalk app on my nokia that lets me view and post on tnet for free unlike the version mentioned in the sticky :smiley: :smiley:

BIGRIG:
Done a speed awareness course last week,jt cost me 88 quid it wasnt as bad as i thort it wud be.When they get your details they will probably give you the choice,i wud take the course :smiley:

Yep, send back the NIP forms pronto, I did after Brecons finest got me at 49 coming off a dual carriageway to single carriageway, they very kindly offered me the speed awareness course in lieu of points, but be prepared to be brainwashed and have to repent all your sins :grimacing:

mrpj:

malenki22:
if I get the points wonder what my insurance would be :confused:

Probably won’t make a lot or any difference to what you’re currently paying.

Agree with mrjp, I went through a bit of a mental faze a few years back and managed to pick up 2 speeding tickets in a fortnight (car) and it made no difference to my insurance. Unfortunately a month later when I managed to pick up another 3 points for a traffic light offence (truck) it was a different story. From memory about 60 quid for the remaining 3 months of my policy :imp: :imp:

Amazing how 9 points for 3 years concentrates the mind and helps get rid of bad habits picked up over the years :laughing: :laughing:

Known a couple a people on Thames Valley’s patch get to go on speed awareness courses. One was doing 36mph and clocked by a mobile, never done anything before, the other similar. I think if you go on an awareness course, if you get caught again within 2 years, they hand out the points*. I’d say if it was 35mph and a first offence, you’d probably get to do the course.

*Your mileage may vary. TVP policy may have changed. Shares may go down as well as up.

I got a NIPS last year, 55 in a 50, I asked about the speed awareness course but was told because I was caught in Nottinghamshire, i could not get the course as I live in Lincolnshire ■■?

Any ideas on that ?

No idea on that.

But there is a load of stuff about speed awareness courses - ACPO guidelines on speed awareness courses (PDF) - varies a bit force to force

ok now is been over 2 weeks since I posted the forms back saying that yes I was the driver ect. and nothing back yet, is this normal or they just prepering everying to blow me away with corts action and whatever they can think about :open_mouth:

hi malenki22.
its just taken six weeks to get my docs back from cambs police, so i should think its normal to wait a few weeks.
cheers diesel

Grundril:
I got a NIPS last year, 55 in a 50, I asked about the speed awareness course but was told because I was caught in Nottinghamshire, i could not get the course as I live in Lincolnshire ■■?

Any ideas on that ?

happened to me when was was caught doing 49mph in a 40 zone. Northampton are skint and need the cash simple lol