My first speeding ticket

Thanks diesel dan I will wait, in mean time I’m off tomorrow I will give them a ring and see if i can sort something out, allready phoned the police but because I have been on road I was unable to phone them again maybe if I put my ears down they will let me do the awaernes course, if you know what I mean :wink:

i am sure if camera is flashing back of trailer it is not enough to convict i believe it has to show make and colour of vehicle two cameras on a1 berwick not guilty

it was on my personal car mate :confused: the only another thing was I never was flash at this speed, I know I was flash before on M1 road works and never received any fines, other day I could see people getting flashed in road from Luton to Dunstable so there could be a problem but I put my heads up and I saying that I did it, made a mistake and now have to pay for it :confused: I just was hoping this could be over quicker, but when I phone MK Police there was more happy to just give me the course so will try again tomorrow, dentist and police at the same time :open_mouth: what a nice day to have :smiley:

What is the tolerance (if it exists) of a lorry on a single carriageway? I’ve known drivers get done for 47mph. It’s about time the limit went up as I find when a lorry does 50mph car drivers seem to think twice before overtaking.
Try setting the cruise at 40, you’ll be nodding off in no time!

AFAIK there is no such thing as “tolerence” per se. People used to quote 10% +3 mph, but nothing was ever set in stone. Lincolnshire for example operate a zero tolerence policy. Having said that, depending on Mr Plod at the time I can’t see him doing you for 5 or 6 mph over on a quiet d/c at 3am.

The problem for trucks has always been that as the tachograph is seen as a prescision instrument with regular calibration checks there is little leeway for speedo error.

Of course I could aways just be spouting myth and crap!

the maoster:
AFAIK there is no such thing as “tolerence” per se. People used to quote 10% +3 mph, but nothing was ever set in stone.

The ACPO guidelines are 10% + 2 mph but they are only guidelines.

Coffeeholic:
The ACPO guidelines are 10% + 2 mph but they are only guidelines.

Correct, and ACPO guidelines for a 20mph zone is 10% + 3mph.

When I did physics at school I learnt about errors (or uncertainties).

A reasonable argument for a margin would be down to errors. Accuracy of own speedometer. Accuracy of speed measurement device (of the instrument itself and correct operation by user). An offence of 1mph over the limit would be reasonably easy to defend?

I think that you are eating humble pie here. I was done for 60 in a 7.5. tonner ,should have switched down the C.C. at the end of the dual but didnt.I asked for photos they said as the pictures are of the rear of the truck there was no need for me to see them,so just pay up.I was only trying to earn a crust. but there you go.

Well my paper did turn up today, they offer me National Speed Awareness Course at £79.58 not bad compareing to £60 fine and 3 points, now need to book it before 8 September, had a look at the webside they provide and next available is middle of October, so need to phone them just to make sure I can wait that long before taking the course

bout year ago the robbing ■■■■■ was standing at the bottom of the hill behind a lamp post with his radar gun caught me doing 41 in a 30 bearing in mind this was a main road and had come of a 40 road and when i entered the roundabout there was no 30 sign unlike every other exit got pulled over got told “i hate doing this worst part of the job” he even filled the ticket in wrong (first ticket issued i guess apparently new tickets) took it to the local cop shop asked about the speed awareness course got told “NO we dont offer that here” even though the officer told me it was national speed awareness week…

bunch of ■■■■■ if u ask me