My first 45' Box. Warning contains schoolboy errors

Janos:
Going back to the status of a vehicle designed to carry containers, or having a de-mountable body, I am almost certain that the law sees that as part of the vehicle for overhang purposes, which, of course affects turning circle. Maybe some legal eagle can verify that. I did not have the wit though to think of the extra overhang once the under-run bar and suzie rack had been pulled out though. So even the empty vehicle would have to adjust its length.

It maybe, that since concessions road tax disappeared many years ago, the scenario where you could be fined for running de facto empty no longer exists, so they have altered the regs to suit todays options for extorting cash :unamused: eg setting the 45’ box in a position where the length dimension don’t comply. Or am I to much of a cynic :wink:

What an education thread from Dipper, but not in the way I was expecting! :open_mouth:
Cheers for that, and can I ask about the Row and Slot arrangement, which is left/Right or Front/Back, and how do you generally get ushered/released and directed into these? I ask as I’m a little hesitant with exposing myself to bouts of shambolic reversing in pressure situations with lots of pro’s watching, I’m still pretty crap! :laughing:

As for the 5th wheel position, what you say makes perfect sense to me, you have to compromise! And one aspect of that compromise that’s MANDATORY, and that’s not take out your kit! :laughing: The compromise is regarding the axle’s (one that has to be made) and one to adjust as little as possible really.

I’d be interested reading an innuendo saturated skelly trailer basics thread… :smiley:
There has to be plenty of mileage in that! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
What an education thread from Dipper, but not in the way I was expecting! :open_mouth:
Cheers for that, and can I ask about the Row and Slot arrangement, which is left/Right or Front/Back, and how do you generally get ushered/released and directed into these? I ask as I’m a little hesitant with exposing myself to bouts of shambolic reversing in pressure situations with lots of pro’s watching, I’m still pretty crap! :laughing:

As for the 5th wheel position, what you say makes perfect sense to me, you have to compromise! And one aspect of that compromise that’s MANDATORY, and that’s not take out your kit! :laughing: The compromise is regarding the axle’s (one that has to be made) and one to adjust as little as possible really.

I’d be interested reading an innuendo saturated skelly trailer basics thread… :smiley:
There has to be plenty of mileage in that! :wink:

I’m a little hesitant to start writing about Rows and Slots, and being ushered in, until point off release, as I’m not sure if you aren’t being a bit naughty :open_mouth: :smiley:

I too am a little disturbed that I am being tempted into innuendo on a complex, interesting topic such as this. Being a box jockey is a simple job yet it was interesting when faced with a larger box challenge. I feel the task was performed with aplomb, the box was unloaded safely and both my unit and box arrived damage free. Once the box was empty and clean a fresh box could then be taken on, safe in the knowledge that if I could handle a big one smaller boxes would pose no challenge.

My ongoing quandry is still, have I slid her out to far, should she be slid back again, is the current slot position ok for standard size boxes, how much is her handling affected by choosing the back slot, have i violated her design parameters by to much slot changing, will the benefit of improved traction on the back end be lost by two much wiggle up front, could I get a tug after docking if my peg is in the wrong slot…

Definately no place for innuendo based whimsey in this thread.

Dipper_Dave:
I too am a little disturbed that I am being tempted into innuendo on a complex, interesting topic such as this. Being a box jockey is a simple job yet it was interesting when faced with a larger box challenge. I feel the task was performed with aplomb, the box was unloaded safely and both my unit and box arrived damage free. Once the box was empty and clean a fresh box could then be taken on, safe in the knowledge that if I could handle a big one smaller boxes would pose no challenge.

My ongoing quandry is still, have I slid her out to far, should she be slid back again, is the current slot position ok for standard size boxes, how much is her handling affected by choosing the back slot, have i violated her design parameters by to much slot changing, will the benefit of improved traction on the back end be lost by two much wiggle up front, could I get a tug after docking if my peg is in the wrong slot…

Definately no place for innuendo based whimsey in this thread.

BsQM4vMCYAE8SAt.jpg