My C+E diary

I can agree with most of that as only today a driver called his office to say his clutch was slipping now I know that the lorry has been used over last few days by a very old experienced driver he has not reported this as he poss double de-clutches so not noticed it the lorry is a 52 plate with a synchromesh box

chevmac:
Rog I believe you are basing your comments on others say so - i know you have attended some driver CPC training but aren’t sure just how much training you have delivered. not all trainers deliver below standard training so do not tar everyone with that brush. I know for a fact that experienced driver HAVE benefited from attended training

Of course I am basing my observations on what other drivers have stated - where else would I get realistic info other than real feedback from those who have done courses?

A few drivers have benefitted from courses but for the whole 7 hours or just part of the course?

I did not state that all dcpc trainers were below a certain standard but those trainers are not going to berate their own courses or the fact that it is in their best interest to keep this dcpc thing ongoing !!

There is one group who could have derailed this whole dcpc thing - the trainers - no trainers = no courses

Hiya roadrunner,
Just wanted to congratulate you on getting your C+E licence. :smiley:
I start my training tomorrow! :open_mouth:

animal:

roadrunner:

animal:
Well done on the pass

Did you not get some cpc hours in when doing your training :question: a poss 7 hr driving towards it

I did enquire about that as they are JAUPT approved,but i was told i could not have any hours added as the practical driver training did not count towards it ■■, only the classroom based academic modules e.g tacho regs, H & S, safe loading and weight distribution etc.

Not sure if that is right as I have been told different as when I go back & do mine I can have 7 hr counted towards the cpc as it is not all classroom based what about the SAFED driving as I understand that can count towards

So can somebody please clear this up :question:

I found this quote on the Department for Transport document about SAFED

Instructors will accompany the candidates on the walk round safety checks
and will assess candidates performance, based on attitude, efficiency and thoroughness. Instructors will then complete the relevant safety check section of the General Assessment Report (Document 9) indicating if candidates have passed or failed the safety check exercise. If a candidate fails the safety check exercise, then they will not be able to successfully complete the course, and cannot receive a certificate of achievement, but they can still attend the remainder of the day.

So how can SAFED be counted as a module of the Driver CPC when there is clearly a pass or failure section?

There are companies advertising SAFED course that are taken entirely within a classroom, environment, now SAFED without a practical & demonstration drive is about as much use as a GP buying a copy of Brain Surgery For Dummies.

Wheel Nut:
So how can SAFED be counted as a module of the Driver CPC when there is clearly a pass or failure section?

Same as ADR for example - any exam time does not count for dcpc

What would happen I assume in the case of SAFED for DCPC is that if the 7 hours were not done because the safety checks were not correct then the DCPC hours will not be accreditted because the course would have been abandoned part way through

I would also assume that any time the driver is giving info to an assessor/trainer would not count because the driver is not receiving ‘training’

So how can SAFED be counted as a module of the Driver CPC

By re-writing it and calling it an EcoDefensive Driving Course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: