Must haves for a lorry driver

So I’m new to all this, just wandering what must haves or luxurys are to have in the cab with you
Ill be starting in a 7.5ton so obv I won’t have much but in a month or so I’m moving on to 18ton then the artic when I’m confident (bosses rules as I’m only 20 lol)

So at moment I don’t have much, Tomtom truck satnav, a normal one incase I need it, an AA atlas, phone charger and that’s about it for the moment

Just wandering what other people have :slight_smile:

Depends on space, but I’d keep a spare tacho roll or 2, as well as a notebook to log drops etc or any other issues. A selection of fuses/bulbs with a couple of screwdrivers. When you move to CE a dog clip as a key ring incase your unit is missing one.
I would also never be without my kettle, tea and UHT milk supplies! And a book or other faffing supply to keep you occupied at RDC.

Laptop
iPad
■■■■ mag
Rubber gloves
Tissues
iPhone
Blackberry
Chargers
DVDs
Ps vita
Red bull
Magnet
:laughing:

I’m finding it increasingly necessary to have my ‘Troll-O-Meter’ at hand.

It was always needed at arms length when driving 'round t’internet, but I’m finding it difficult to find my way through the quagmire without it these days.

Chas:
I’m finding it increasingly necessary to have my ‘Troll-O-Meter’ at hand.

It was always needed at arms length when driving 'round t’internet, but I’m finding it difficult to find my way through the quagmire without it these days.

You read my mind.

Bog roll

Wet wipes.
Spare set of clothes - you never know.
Map - Collins UK

A lorry of some sort .

Legend_Scania:
Laptop
iPad
■■■■ mag
Rubber gloves
Tissues
iPhone
Blackberry
Chargers
DVDs
Ps vita
Red bull
Magnet

Anyone else trying to figure out why rubber gloves appear in the list between ■■■■ mag & tissues? :open_mouth: :laughing:

Foam ear plugs for noisy laybys.
And for driving with windows down to prevent deafness.
Battery jump cables.
Tupperware box for all the gubbins.
Kitchen timer for driving hours.
Alarm clock in case phone goes flat.
Hand sterilser.
Holdall bag with pockets and zips for more gubbins.
Basic medicine kit like headache pills.
Bottled water from Aldi or Lidl.
Tyre and breakdown numbers.
Cab polish.
Air freshener.
Camping gas cooker.
Dried milk powder for tea and coffee.

Don’t talk about ■■■■ too much or Cammer Con will want isp’s to block this web site :open_mouth:

A dictionary - to learn the difference between ‘wandering’ and ‘wondering’. . .

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Spare tachograph printing roll was mentioned, and you should carry one but it’s up-to the company to provide it, if it’s an analogue tachograph make sure you have a couple of spare charts, again the company will provide.

Forget about luxuries for the time being, if you’re doing day work make sure you’ve got

• Safety boots.
  • Gloves.
  • Hi-viz.
  • Pen, and preferably a note book or paper of some description.
  • I always carry soap and towel (especially handy in this hot weather).

Driveroneuk:

Legend_Scania:
Laptop
iPad
■■■■ mag
Rubber gloves
Tissues
iPhone
Blackberry
Chargers
DVDs
Ps vita
Red bull
Magnet

Anyone else trying to figure out why rubber gloves appear in the list between ■■■■ mag & tissues? :open_mouth: :laughing:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The most important thing for any trucker has got to be a thermos flask. Don’t buy cheap either, get a full stainless steel one. Hot coffee whatever happens.

Buy 2 maps ,a AA map from morrisons £1.99 for planning they get a lot on one page as there only cheap you can throw them around,also get a a good quality Navigater map with small hamlets and farms ,this type of map will save you from getting sat naved

Driveroneuk:

Legend_Scania:
Laptop
iPad
■■■■ mag
Rubber gloves
Tissues
iPhone
Blackberry
Chargers
DVDs
Ps vita
Red bull
Magnet

He didn’t mention ball bearings and swarfega for the gloves!!!

Gloves
Hi Vis
Safety boots
Sunglasses

Map (and USE it)
Satnav (purely as a back up)

Folder to hold paper, pens, driver card

Flask for hot water
Tupperware box with tea coffee etc
Snacky cereal bars in case you get stuck somewhere for hours

Wet wipes
A clean rag to clean your mirrors

Small tool selection including insulating tape and string

A sense of self importance, a sense of self righteousness and a plethora of bull[zb] stories to suit any occasion.

Contraflow:
A sense of self importance, a sense of self righteousness and a plethora of bull[zb] stories to suit any occasion.

All the triats of a crap driver dispite what the stories may have you believe.

You need a truck type map book, I’ve got a couple but mainly use a phillips navigator the big one of the uk with a picture of a lorry on the front.