Mr Vain...

Message from mrs V Rob is on his way home, she thinks he is in shock so I will get him home when he rings. Donna says thank you for your concern.

davepenn54:
Only know Rob (Mr Vain) through TNUK and just want to offer my support to him and his family, along with all the TNUK forum members, sounds like this might be a rough time for you M8 but I’m sure that people from here will be there to help you if and when needed.

Regards
Dave Penn;

seconded

Best Wishes

Never a good thing to be involved with when something like this happens. Best wishes and hope all turns out okay.

rob,iv"e never met personally,but have shared a spectrum of banter with on here.just to let you know mate that even the wider “audience” is thinking of you and yours in this difficult time,it aint gonna be easy for ya,but im sure you will pull through.

Best wishes Rob

hope your ok rob

your a good man who doesnt deserve this, i dont know the ins and outs but were here for you bud

Best wishes to Rob, hope your safe and okay. Never met you but feel happy to have heard of such a good man :wink:

Hope your ok Rob. You could have knocked me over with a feather and you know that aint easy with my size :laughing:
Take it easy fella

Don’t know Rob, but would love to get to know him, he seems such a genuinely kind, loving and honest bloke who would do anything for people if he could. As stated previously by everyone else, thinking of you and yours and of those involved in the incident. Best wishes mate and keep your head up

garnerlives:
Don’t know Rob, but would love to get to know him, he seems such a genuinely kind, loving and honest bloke who would do anything for people if he could. As stated previously by everyone else, thinking of you and yours and of those involved in the incident. Best wishes mate and keep your head up

Very well said garnerlives, I hope Rob recovers soon.

I’ve noticed that Rob is online - are you and everyone OK :question:
Can any vehicle damage be fixed :question:

To each and everyone of you. My friends. I’m deeply moved by yr best wishes. The accident was at approx 5pm on the A446 between Bassets pole and the Belfrey golf club. A 5 vehicle collision that resulted in 1 fatality. There were, as far as i’m aware no other serious injuries. They have impounded Mr Vain and taken my phone away from me as a matter of procedure. I was helping the police with their enquiries until late last night and thru Bartrums and a close friend i finally made it home at 5.30 this morning.

If i’m honest, i’m not coping too well. This is not an experience i wish to repeat. I’m quite tearful and have one unanswered question in my mind. Why ? It was, with out any doubt, the most selfish act i’ve ever seen and he has paid the ultimate price. It wouldn’t be fair for me to go into anymore detail at this time. Maybe one day.

And finally, to his family, I’m truly sorry for yr loss. If i could of prevented such a thing, trust me i would.

MrV x

If I can help support you in any way please PM me Rob

That’s so sad. I passed you parked up in a lay by on the A5 about lunch time yesterday, must have been a few hours before it happened.

Admired the red Scanny with the Bartrums trailer on as I was heading to Scania in Tamworth with the Silver Surfer.

Time heals all.

i hope everything gets sorted rob, best of luck to you. :wink:

like everyone else says best of luck with getting sorted rob and you have lots of friends and a good family for support so dont feel like your alone. if you need any help dont be scared to ask as im sure anyone would help a man like you who puts so much effort into helping others.

so was this a suicide attempt that was succesfull then or just a unfortunate accident? best wishes rob

My thoughts are with you Rob, like so many others I dont know you personnally, but feel like I do, seen you many times on that old A14. Hope everything works out ok for you and your family, and all the others concerned, and we see you out on that A14 again soon.

Thoughts and prayers for you all mate

Mercactros

hyper26:
so was this a suicide attempt that was succesfull then or just a unfortunate accident? best wishes rob

Probably best not to press Rob for detail but from the gist of it I would speculate that a car driver was doing a ridiculous over-take and paid the price when they got it wrong.