MR.VAIN (The truck)

I’ve had a couple of requests for more pictures of Mr.Vain. So this is a pictorial guide from the day i veiwed the truck to present day. I hope this suits whoever.

[
[

beauty truck mr vain a lot of work has gone into it… have you had your money back on it yet.

ps shame its not a daf xf :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good photos mr vain where did u get curtains from they look well.

Beautiful truck matey…a credit too you… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

nice ■■■■■■■■ mate ! :slight_smile:

hope you keep them curtains tied back when driving, nice truck bet everyone sees you coming (unless they in a forklift of course :blush: ).

Very nice truck Mr Vain. I’m lloking at buying a truck for the shows just now but i’m looking at who could shot blast and paint the chassis and cab etc. Who did your one, and at what cost if you don’t mind me askng?

Glad you like my snaps guys. Plenty more where they came from. A few questions answered, i won’t ever get my money back but 90% of the toys on the motor will come off when i change motors, it will only go for export when i’ve finished with it. As for not being a DAF, well i did order a new DAF and then told them to shove it. The best 62k i’ve never spent :laughing: Paintwork was carried out by truckeast at stowmarket, curtains were from CDC but since modified. I’m not keen kelsa bars or any product that you might see on every third scania at a show. Obviously there will always be something simular. But if i can come up with an original variation i’m happy. My mate yogi thought i’d lost the plot when i askd him to make the brackets for my spots in the sunvisor. Turned out ok i think :sunglasses:

well mr vain i think you have done a fantastic job of it and very tastefully done. have you entered any shows yet and won anything.

looks good now show us some pictures of it in action show us some of the loads you do.

i didnt realise it was an ex carters motor mate, you defo wouldnt think that now eh!

nicely kept mate, a credit to you

Truckfest 2006 My first show

Convoy 2006

Convoy 2007

Santa pod 2007

Early one saturday morning at Wroxham

Police gala day, Norfolk show ground 2007

Dirty truck

In august 2006 i attended my first East Coast Truckers childrens charity convoy. It was a very special day for so many underprivilaged children and truckers. I won my first trophy. 2nd place best kept truck. Also the start of my long road ahead as an East coast trucker.

2007 i gained 2 more trophies at the 2nd Crowfield truckrally. 3rd place best kept 51 plate and older and 2nd place best kept owner driven. A very proud moment. I hope this isn’t too boring :sunglasses:

no not boring at all keep them coming. :wink:

Not boring at all. The shows etc are another huge part of the trucking industry, gives everybody a chance to show off there pride and joy and show what keeps the UK going.

Glad you approve guys. I’ll try add more during the week. I’ll add some earlier photos from when i started out in the world of haulage. A thought for the future, i’m considering making a post on the 2008 childrens convoy, try and show off the efforts of the guys that make the convoy possible. The East coast truckers charity convoy is something that has fast become a major part of my life, and i hope that i can bring it to i wider audience via this great forum. :sunglasses:

Great pics and excellent story…keep em coming mate :wink:

Al

mr vain dont take this the wrong way but i dont like the curtains,thats just me,nothing to do with how they are pulled by the way.but its your truck so feel free to do as you wish with it.the rest of the truck i do like however,pity some people have a sad life and see themselves as some sort of internet celebrity and needs the attention of people responding to opinions made to provoke a reaction. its your money,your truck and the resident bufoons opinion counts for nothing. roll on the day robk leaves his squat and meets some real people.

Respect. Thank you. :sunglasses:

i’d swap the interior work for a set of those durabrite rims :slight_smile: