MR.VAIN (The truck)

Like these ones you mean?

that didnt take long to change a full set :slight_smile:

I’ve got side tracked from my own post. I’ll try to get back to the story tomorrow. But i’d planned the wheels a long time ago. Looks a lot smarter.

TIME TO MOVE ON I THINK!

Thanks for the support guys.

I purchased my first motor December 2003. Having driven the motor for 18 months for a previous employer it kinda made sense to stick with the devil you know. So a 1999 380 scania was how it started. Being fortunate enough to buy it outright was a bonus (No doubt some idiot will say i did a bank job or something) Fuel then was around 69p+vat a litre.

T41 KGV was quite a solid start, not that troublesome and quite good on fuel. January 2005 i started subbing to a mate running organic animal feed to Scotland, First drop was normally Turriff. Happy days. 4 months and as with any good thing the job changes and its time to move on. Best run i haad was loaded at Southery with organic for Turriff and Elgin and reloaded just north of Inverness with carrots for Gooderstone. 42T Gross going up, 44t gross coming down. Little old girl returned 7.9mpg. Couldnt complain really.

February 2005 saw the arrival of T945KHN. A Volvo FH sleeper 460. A driver was employed and away we went again. The FH proved to be a very solid purchase although a little thirsty

All the very best to you Mr Vain, you’re Wagon is a credit to you :wink: I was an owner driver for 16 years and ‘Pulled the pin’ in 92 :cry: I really dont know how you can make it pay with Diesel the price it is now, but the more O/D’s still out there earning a crust the better as far as I’m concerned - Keep up the good work :smiley:

Thank you. Its not easy but i ain’t up for quitting just yet :sunglasses:

lemonmouth:
All the very best to you Mr Vain, you’re Wagon is a credit to you :wink: the more O/D’s still out there earning a crust the better as far as I’m concerned - Keep up the good work :smiley:

couldnt put it better myself :slight_smile:

All the best Mr.Vain Very smart truck you have credit to you.
Working in the family firm theres always some smart alec saying this job better that job not worth to be on and its seems its them who goes bust. Its very hard to be a owner driver and getting harder day by day and theres always someone trying to bring you down.
Keep up the good work and hoping to see it at truckfest if i can get this year (waiting for op- got gallstones a bloody pain but like robk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

I saw your truck on Saturday Mr Vain . Most smart it looked . Better than the usual dross out there now.

Looking good man :sunglasses:

Respect to owner drivers :wink:

Thats some clean motors you’ve had. How much units you running just now or do you just have the one? Funny you should mention tipping in Turriff or Turra as we say up here, I just live half an hour away from Turriff.

chorcheela:
On a forum of this standing I would hope that something gets done about this, because having used and enjoyed it for 2 years I am saddened to see this kind of thing going on unchecked.

Rant over

Its all down to a certain person and his I’m right allways right attitude, he’s done it and been kicked or took the hump and left before. I suppose it will happen again.

I blame the Mod, and I can do that as he’s my bruv, I would call him only I dont know where on Earth he is at the moment literally :wink:

What happened there?

its very rare that it ever kicks off in the photo forum :open_mouth: so isnt as heavily watched as other parts of the site :open_mouth: . it seems we have to babysit everything :unamused:

rob was being his pedantic self as usual with his love for bling and o/ds and people bit.from what i read it was 50/50 so i split the topic off from that point. is it possible to leave you lot and trust you not to fall out again :smiley: :wink:

ive spent the afternoon at a 6 year olds party and aint in the mood for this crap :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jon

Post suspended. I’m not prepared to have my good repute ruined by one person that obviously has no respect for somebody who is trying to make something of their life. I’m sorry, very sorry. Rob.

Great pics fella! Nice to have a record of everything from the start i think. Meant to say, i saw you at Bux last Fri (4th), i was just leaving off at 11, looked like you were heading down to drop a waste trailer in. Nice piece of machinery :wink:

jonboy:
aint in the mood for this crap

So just ban the tool then… I wouldn’t mind but he isn’t even that good at trolling.

Thanks Roger, i was actually delivering reels that time. Do you work there or drive a red CF?

MR VAIN:
Thanks Roger, i was actually delivering reels that time. Do you work there or drive a red CF?

Oh, you went to wind Snowey up did you? :wink: Well, both really. Got taken on by the factory about 4 years ago as a shunter, (after doing my 7 years on bulk (get less for murder;-))) then about 2 years ago they kindly decided to transfer us three shunters over to ‘Red CF Man’, which was nice of them! :frowning:

I can imagine mate. Nothing like a sideways step :sunglasses: