Moving to the office, again!

Sploom:
Harry Monk.
The evidence is all around me,the fact that we are here to live in this world that God created.
I dont believe something can come from nothing.
I should be asking for evidence of that!

biblehub.com/romans/1-20.htm

I can understand someone thinking like this 200 years ago but the scientific explanation for how the planet we live on and the life on it came into being is fairly universally accepted nowadays. No scientific research has ever concluded that gods exist.

But even if there was a God, then surely you would agree that this God would not disapprove of those who required some type of evidence in order to accept a claim as fact?

Rikki-UK:

Harry Monk:
What evidence do you have to substantiate this claim that there is a God? Have you ever seen him?

Never seen God but I believe , why else would, after a night on the beer and a stupidly ordered very hot curry , next morning while sitting on the throne would the first words to come to mind to a normally atheist be, " Oh god help me"

I often do.a group call with God and my mate Ralph on the ‘‘Big white telephone’ next to the bath, the morning after a rough night on the ■■■■.
I start the conversation with …
‘‘Oh God’’…
Followed by shouting for…’‘RALLLLLPH.’'.
:smiley:

Sploom:
Harry Monk.
The evidence is all around me,the fact that we are here to live in this world that God created.
I dont believe something can come from nothing.
I should be asking for evidence of that!

biblehub.com/romans/1-20.htm

I think you’re on the wrong forum buddy. Try biblenet.co.uk

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Harry Monk.
What would the evidence look like that you requir
e?
As for science,God is outside of that.When Jesus turned water into wine,it was outside the rules of science.fof example

Sploom:
Harry Monk.
What would the evidence look like that you require?

It’s becoming tedious now mate. Your beliefs are your beliefs but when you try to force them on others they quite rightly dig their heels in and react badly.

It’s my fervent belief that kiddie fiddlers and rapists should have their organs removed with no anaesthetics administered but I’d never force them beliefs on others. Give it a rest ffs

The moaster.
I understand your point but its not me keeping this thread going.Im only answering the questions Im being asked.There doesnt seem to be any shortgage of people willing to talk about this subject

Nobody is asking you questions. This thread is purely about Switchy getting an office. You are injecting your religious beliefs into a totally different subject. If you were a Muslim you’d be on a watchlist

Well this went in an unexpected direction :smiley: For what it’s worth after much thought over many years, I’m being serious about that, I’m an atheist who believes religion is simply a bit of a genius man made system of control. (*genius because of how effective and long lasting it has been)

Sploom:
As for science,God is outside of that.When Jesus turned water into wine,it was outside the rules of science.fof example

Yes, but that never actually happened, did it? If I asked you for evidence that it did, you would be able to offer no more evidence than “It says so in the bible” which is a bit like me citing an Enid Blyton book as proof that five went to a treasure island.

Alright,but what do you imagine the evidence that you would expect in todays world would be?

Sploom:
Alright,but what do you imagine the evidence that you would expect in todays world would be?

The standard scientific test, that the claimed act can be reproduced under controlled conditions.

Ah,but heres the thing.God isnt subject to science so even if it were possible,all that it would prove is you have a God subject to the laws of physics,but that wouldnt be proof of the God of the bible

Sploom:
When Jesus turned water into wine

You quote things out of an old book as if you actually witnessed them happen…!
Just because someone wrote it eons ago, doesn’t mean it actually happened.

I happen to think that particular book belongs in the fiction section at the library. It amazes me that people accept it as a work of factual events.

There is no evidence that Jesus turned water into wine.

Sploom:
Ah,but heres the thing.God isnt subject to science so even if it were possible,all that it would prove is you have a God subject to the laws of physics,but that wouldnt be proof of the God of the bible

Get the message will ya.
Nobody cares…give it a ■■■■ rest. :unamused:

Robroy
I will but ,at the same time,if someone is asking me a question,I dont want to be rude and ignòre them.

Sploom:
Robroy
I will but ,at the same time,if someone is asking me a question,I dont want to be rude and ignòre them.

It was YOU who brought it all up AGAIN on an entirely unrelated subject.
It’s tedious mate ffs.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Er’s yer proof all you doubters, courtesy of the US government.

remy:
:stuck_out_tongue: 0

I might…

A believer if you put up a Benjamin.

yourhavingalarf:

remy:
:stuck_out_tongue: 0

I might…

A believer if you put up a Benjamin.

I’m a married man and lucky to have a George. :cry:

Sploom:

What about the deity in the Koran, Allah? Is that one real too? And if there is only one true god, how do you know it isn’t that one?