Moving to the office, again!

Harry Monk:

Sploom:
Ah,but heres the thing.God isnt subject to science so even if it were possible,all that it would prove is you have a God subject to the laws of physics,but that wouldnt be proof of the God of the bible

What about the deity in the Koran, Allah? Is that one real too? And if there is only one true god, how do you know it isn’t that one?

Im afraid I cant say anything more without being hung drawn and quartered as well as facing the wrath of Robroy

But me still no understandy.

Thanks Robroy for helping me avoid another difficult question,you just came in the nick of time!

Sploom:
Thanks Robroy for helping me avoid another difficult question,you just came in the nick of time!

Don’t mention it mate,.at least I can take the credit for getting you to shut the ■■■■ up about all this at last eh? :slight_smile:

We’ve had your views here’s a lot of my shared views on the subject. from the great Ricky Gervais.
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

robroy:
We’ve had your views here’s a lot of my shared views on the subject. from the great Ricky Gervais.
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

Good watch ^^^ cheers. I may be in the minority but I think that Gervais is a genius and his series Afterlife was some of the finest stuff on tv ever.

Sploom:
Harry Monk.
What would the evidence look like that you require?
As for science,God is outside of that.When Jesus turned water into wine,it was outside the rules of science.fof example

And there we have it: you prefer a literal unquestioning belief in a child’s fairy tale, rather than to see it as some kind of metaphor or analogy. There’s no hope for you. Even other religious people are prepared to see this kind of stuff as a figure of speech.

I can’t even begin to understand the tortured mental gymnastics that go on in your head to make yourself believe that something like that could be even remotely intended to be factual.

Water to wine is nothing. I’ve been successfully turning alcohol into ■■■■ for years yet do I get lauded for it? No chance. :imp:

the maoster:

robroy:
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

Good watch ^^^ cheers. I may be in the minority but I think that Gervais is a genius and his series Afterlife was some of the finest stuff on tv ever.

Yep agreed mate.
Office, Extras, (specially the one with Bowie) the comic relief stuff with George Michael.(what you doing community service for George, flashing? No fly tipping actually
:laughing: ) …all classic stuff.
Guy is a comic genius.

the maoster:

robroy:
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

He’s one of the most famous comedians of all time, I don’t think you’re in a minority

switchlogic:
He’s one of the most famous comedians of all time, I don’t think you’re in a minority

I wasn’t talking about how famous he is, I was referring more to the fact that he’s incredibly Marmite and divisive, loads of people cant bear him, I personally like him

the maoster:

robroy:
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

He’s a funny one but this guy’s pure,cast-iron genius-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou1cspUfdY&pp=ygUbY2hvbG1vbmRsZXkgd2FybmVyIGZvb3RiYWxs

manalishi:

the maoster:

robroy:
youtu.be/Gu-UfMDonsY

He’s a funny one but this guy’s pure,cast-iron genius-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou1cspUfdY&pp=ygUbY2hvbG1vbmRsZXkgd2FybmVyIGZvb3RiYWxs

Hot ■■■■ linky crapola…try this-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBs6GOWAegk

Zac_A:

Sploom:
Harry Monk.
What would the evidence look like that you require?
As for science,God is outside of that.When Jesus turned water into wine,it was outside the rules of science.fof example

And there we have it: you prefer a literal unquestioning belief in a child’s fairy tale, rather than to see it as some kind of metaphor or analogy. There’s no hope for you. Even other religious people are prepared to see this kind of stuff as a figure of speech.

I can’t even begin to understand the tortured mental gymnastics that go on in your head to make yourself believe that something like that could be even remotely intended to be factual.

Zac_A
Jesus performed many miracles and people witnessed these.I dont think Christians see these as being bound by the rules of science.For example ,even the immaculate conception or bringing someone back from the dead or the resurrection ,none can be explained by science.If they could,then,they wouldnt be miracles,by defintion.
If someone who professes to be a Christian believes that God can only operate within the rules of science,they would ,probably not be a Christian.Even atheists believe Jesus existed,but they think He was just a normal person,bound by the rules of science.
Anyway,todays science is far from perfect,we cant even define what a woman is,these days…

Sploom:
For example ,even the immaculate conception or bringing someone back from the dead or the resurrection ,none can be explained by science.

Of course they can’t, because none of them actually happened. It’s all just a fairy tale.

I’m of the belief that the miracles described in holy books are often somewhat lame in comparison to what the universe actually is, what science does explain.

I don’t doubt a guy called Jesus Christ lived, he is/was a figure in history, much the same as the likes of Julius Caeser.
Son of a God…naa.

As for the ‘miracles’?
A bit like the illusionist David Blaine, David Coperfield or Dynamo you mean? :bulb:
Don’t think any of those guys profess to be the son of a god, and at least one if them has even performed a walking on water stunt…just saying.

There is a rational explanation for everything to the open minded, it is only the gullible, the naive,.and of course the voluntary brainwashed who believe what they are told by the official line in all or most situations. :bulb:

robroy:
I don’t doubt a guy called Jesus Christ lived

Most Christians seem to think that Jesus would have been a tall white fella with long blond hair who spoke English. :wink:

Harry Monk:

robroy:
I don’t doubt a guy called Jesus Christ lived

Most Christians seem to think that Jesus would have been a tall white fella with long blond hair who spoke English. :wink:

Yep, most illustrations in books depict this white fair haired guy almost Nordic looking. :unamused:
He would have been of dark Middle Eastern appearance more like.

To get back on topic, me :wink: I’m all settled in now and loving having a nice place to work. I really struggled and hated working from my coffee table at home.

Sploom:
Jesus performed many miracles and people witnessed these.I dont think Christians see these as being bound by the rules of science.For example ,even the immaculate conception or bringing someone back from the dead or the resurrection ,none can be explained by science.If they could,then,they wouldn’t be miracles,by defintion.

As I’ve already said in other posts, to be one of you guys means to be, by any definition of the terminology, seriously mentally ill, ie believing something could be true when it defies all the “rules” on reality.

Just because it’s a socially tolerated form of mental illness is no comfort to those of us who have genuine causes for concern that people who are in serious need of medical assistance walk among the rest of us unattended.

Sploom:
Anyway,todays science is far from perfect,we cant even define what a woman is,these days…

And there’s the default “response”, more usually stated (quite arrogantly) as “Science doesn’t know everything” and accompanied by a smug grin as if idiocy trumps investigated reality. Because you’re far from being my least favourite person on TN I’m choosing to believe you might not have had the official-issue smug grin as you typed that. :laughing:

Personally I enjoy the sport of constantly reminding Christians how unhinged they are, knowing that you guys tend to see someone still prepared to talk to you as someone who can “still be saved” :laughing:

Personally, if I was going to have an imaginary-friend-in-the-sky, I’d probably choose one that was more fun, like Bacchus/Dionysis who encouraged his followers to party their way to enlightenment, or Thoth, who was all about wisdom, knowledge, writing, science, & art, or maybe just Buddha, who didn’t even claim to be a god at all, his message was “free your mind”, like Morpheus in The Matrix.

I certainly would not choose yours, who has three different “official” Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), all of whom see it as their purpose in life to obliterate the other two.