Move Over

Do you?
When there’s something on the hard shoulder, RTA, Tyre Fitters, Recovery, Old Bill?

If its clear to do so I will probably straddle lanes 1 and 2.

If lane 2 is clear yes always, It only takes a second for someone to forget where they are and step out between vehicles common sense really, I also move over on DC’s when drivers are sleeping in lay by’s.

Happens all the time in Europe, even I do it in the vans. It’s common sense really!

I always pull over to at least the white line between 1 and 2 provided its safe. A friend of my family got taken out and killed getting out his car on the hard shoulder.

Every time,I learnt this from France and Spain.
Frightening how many times the truck behind just carries on and passes the vehicle(s) a few feet away.

Regards,
Nick

Always. If I can’t get into lane 2 I will move as close to the line (without scaring the vehicle in lane 2 into doing something stupid) as possible.

pull into L2 when possible otherwise as tight to the line between L1 and L2 as i safely can

Yep, most drivers in lane 2 seem to see whats going on and let me move over.

Always, either lane 2 or as close as possible to the line between 1 and 2 if 2 not clear.

Always have done but even more reason to these days with both sons in the recovery game and often working on the hard shoulder. You gotta think of the children. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I can only assume those who don’t have never been on the shoulder with traffic whizzing past.

Too many numpties who think its fine to change an OS tyre on the hardshoulder, plus you get idiots who jump out the drivers side instead of the passenger :unamused: I dont want to spend any time in prison due to these idiots.

I always move over if it’s clear better to be safe than sorry , wouldn’t fancy changing an O/S tyre on motorway or DC takes balls to do that job

yup as long as its safe to do so I move to lane 2, if not I give them as much room as I can.

Yep, always give the fitter a chance to fall over or somesuch and not be in a position to run him over.

I always move over it could be me stuck there and i would hope everyone would do the same.But saying that i have been parked on the hard shoulder and have nearly had my mirrors taken off by arrisholes who dont care :imp:

Coffeeholic:
Always, either lane 2 or as close as possible to the line between 1 and 2 if 2 not clear.

Always have done but even more reason to these days with both sons in the recovery game and often working on the hard shoulder. You gotta think of the children. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I can only assume those who don’t have never been on the shoulder with traffic whizzing past.

Same here, 2nd lane, white line or beyond, and at least someone is thinking about the children!

The Sarge:
Always. If I can’t get into lane 2 I will move as close to the line (without scaring the vehicle in lane 2 into doing something stupid) as possible.

DITTO

Always move over as far as I can, been on the shoulder myself and Im sure some numptys think its big and clever to try and get as close as possible.

I move over if possible.A small stone could be sparked up from the wheels and blind a worker on the H.S.It could be me next week.

I move over if possible.A small stone could be sparked up from the wheels and blind a worker on the H.S.It could be me next week.