Motorway Service Stations - Your thoughts

Hello,

I’m doing market research study into motorway service stations, and require regular driver’s opinions!
I’ve made a survey of just 10 questions, but if you don’t fancy that just telling me here what you don’t like about service stations and how you think they could be improved would still be a great help. I won’t use any usernames or anything in the write up, this is more for thoughts than anything! The more inventive and detailed the better but anything would help.

If you’re happy to do the short survey you can find it here: surveymonkey.com/s/PHNVDJZ

Thankyou very much for any response,
Regards, Taylor.

Overpriced parking is one of the biggest things. When we only need about 12 hours for a rest break why do we have to pay for 24 hours?

Thanks, price definitly seems to be the main thing coming up! Whats worse, the over priced parking or snacks?

Hello

Who is this “market research” for? Is it for advert placers say, or on behalf of MSA providers?

Drivers are used for years to having their suggestions and complaints to MSAs fall on deaf ears. A little more background information may encourage people to give you the suggestions you want as this is bound to generate a healthy debate.

Its the £20+ parking that annoys me, not to fussed over snack prices as we are paying for the convenience.

taylor_2_2:
Thanks, price definitly seems to be the main thing coming up! Whats worse, the over priced parking or snacks?

Both. Some service stations have very little truck parking available and even then you find cars and vans parked in that area. The food options in most service stations, commercial ones anyway ■■■■.

Lack of decent security. Quick enough sending a fine in the post if you over stay by 3mins but cant catch ■■■■■ slashing your curtains and stealing what they can.

How much do you get paid per survey filled out Taylor? Have you checked with the site admins before posting the link?
Not sure if this is covered under forum rules regarding business but you should probably check since you probably get paid everytime a survey is filled out and completed using your link.

The stink of ■■■■ in the lorry park, can’t be that hard to spray some disinfectant now and then.

Overpriced Pigswill, I only use them for urinating, defecating & selling pallets, would never buy food or fuel & definitely would never overnight on one.
Give us free parking areas with decent facility’s, we all pay a huge amount of vehicle tax & every body wants the goods in the shops but not the dirty lorries & dirty drivers to supply them.

Freight Dog:
Hello

Who is this “market research” for? Is it for advert placers say, or on behalf of MSA providers?

Drivers are used for years to having their suggestions and complaints to MSAs fall on deaf ears. A little more background information may encourage people to give you the suggestions you want as this is bound to generate a healthy debate.

For a dissertation at the moment, nothing too official going on here :slight_smile:

The-Snowman:
How much do you get paid per survey filled out Taylor? Have you checked with the site admins before posting the link?
Not sure if this is covered under forum rules regarding business but you should probably check since you probably get paid everytime a survey is filled out and completed using your link.

Not being paid unfortunatly, this is for a dissertation at the moment :slight_smile:

taylor_2_2:

The-Snowman:

Not being paid unfortunatly, this is for a dissatation at the moment :slight_smile:

Ok,fair enough. I do internet marketing,SEO ans website design as a side job and part of it involves affiliate links and getting people to click links and sign up,buy things etc. Its not always the case though,just thought you should check with site admins first if you were :smiley:

What’s a dissatation ? I am sure there are many others on this site who, like me, aint got a bleedin clue … :slight_smile:

raymundo:
What’s a dissatation ? I am sure there are many others on this site who, like me, aint got a bleedin clue … :slight_smile:

3rd year uni students get them.

raymundo:

As I understand it, It’s like a very long essay you need to do to get a degree, it involves researching and producing an original piece of work.

Filled out the research, not very complementary, quite frankly UK services are an embarrassment compared to much of whats available in the rest of Europe. :imp:

Most MSAs seem so arrogant with their position, they make no attempt at hiding their glee in ripping people off and providing services that look like they’re from the 1970s and despite glowing profits, refuse to update premises.

The parking is usually terrible for lgvs. Poorly designed with limited room.

Attitude of staff poor who speak to you like you’re at a distribution centre, yet you have to pay for the privilege.

Empty bus parking lanes you get shoved off from by parking hitlers who speak to you like dirt (yes Cambridge services, that’s you fat bloke with a beard) even if truck parking full and you need a 30 min break at 0100. Just because 20 coaches MAY turn up in 30 mins and it’s more than his job’s worth to use common sense.

Diabolical array of “food” inside. Comedian Bill Bailey called them “congealed baked bean kingdoms”

Zero security. Top dollar price yet disclaimers everywhere.

1 shower for whole MSA.

Good example of a welcoming and clean MSA is Gloucester Services. Limited LGV parking though. Good food, lots of choice. Very clean and friendly. Lots of grass and thought into providing a roomy comfortable, quiet place to relax and eat.

The truck parking at Watford Gap is so bad you could lose those dinky 7.5tonners in those potholes.

Radar19:

raymundo:

3rd year uni students get them.

Along with hangovers and chlamydia.