Motorway quiz

http://www.mymotorguide.com/theory_test/motorways_dual_carriageways/

48/50 for me.

got one about a car and a trailer wrong and one about which way to walk to an emergency phone.

Dang i got Question 31 wrong.
You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open. You must
You Said: use only the left and centre lanes - Wrong - Right answer was not exceed 60 mph

:laughing: :laughing:

tony66:
Dang i got Question 31 wrong.
You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open. You must
You Said: use only the left and centre lanes - Wrong - Right answer was not exceed 60 mph

:laughing: :laughing:

thats the one of the questions I got wrong

Me too, although it didn’t give the option to select multiple answers.

I also lost 3 points as I got my coloured cats eyes mixed up, although in fairness it was one question that cropped up 3 times in one way or the other. You’d think they could come up with 50 different questions rather than ask the same ones over and over.

8wheels:
Me too, although it didn’t give the option to select multiple answers.

Same again here, as two options were correct you just had to take a guess at which answer they wanted :unamused: :laughing:

Question 31: You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open. You must

Same here. No trailers in outside lane :confused:

Cheers lads for warning me about the ambiguous questions, just scored 50/50 :sunglasses:

5: What is the maximum speed for Lorries on a Motorway?

Err… some 7.5s are 70 so that question is not clear

15: You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open. You must
not exceed 60 mph
use only the left and centre lanes

That is two correct answers !!

25: When driving on a motorway, when should you indicate to change lanes?

Where is the correct option of - only when another road user will benefit from a signal??

30: You are joining the motorway. Why is it important to use the slip road?
Because you can slow down if you need to
To build up speed similar to traffic on the motorway

again, both are correct -
You could get to 70 on a slip road and then have to slow to match the speed of those on the motorway
Most vehicles will slow down quicker than they can increase speed

Question 2: When driving on a motorway, when should you indicate to change lanes?
You Said: You should indicate to pull out but not on returning to a lane - Wrong - Right answer was You should always indicate to change lanes

Bull. No need to indicate when RETURNING to the left

What’s with the same ones over and over. Crap test if you ask me

Steve-o:
Right answer was You should always indicate to change lanes

Out of the possible answers that was the one they were looking for but as I said in my last post they did not include the CORRECT answer which is - Indicate if there is another road user who will benefit from the signal

49/50 got Q13 wong

Congratulations You Passed

You Scored: 50/50

Easy, but a lot of repeated questions. :unamused:
A couple of questions had two correct answers though. :open_mouth:

I was good and didn’t read the comments above first:

49/50

I got this one wrong: :cry:

Question 31: You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open.

It looks like a few of us got the same answer :imp:

Thanks for posting the link, Bubsy. It was a good refresher! :smiley:

I’ll add a question-
You are driving a vehicle fitted with a speed limiter on a 3 lane motorway & lane 1 is coned off.
How many lanes can you use :question:

ROG:
I’ll add a question-
You are driving a vehicle fitted with a speed limiter on a 3 lane motorway & lane 1 is coned off.
How many lanes can you use :question:

Both

bubsy06:
Both

You sure :question: - lane 3 with a speed limiter :exclamation: - think of all those 80 mph cars :open_mouth:

47/50
bloody stud questions
dont they know i dont do nights

8wheels:
I also lost 3 points as I got my coloured cats eyes mixed up, although in fairness it was one question that cropped up 3 times in one way or the other.

Same here, plus I got one other wrong so ended up with 46/50.

Paul

ROG:

bubsy06:
Both

You sure :question: - lane 3 with a speed limiter :exclamation: - think of all those 80 mph cars :open_mouth:

I would say both also. As lane1 is coned off it’s now only a 2 lane motorway and so you can use any available lane.

Paul

repton:

ROG:

bubsy06:
Both

I would say both also. As lane1 is coned off it’s now only a 2 lane motorway and so you can use any available lane.

Paul

Both of you are correct - I was just seeing if anyone would bite on my comment of ‘are you sure’ :wink: