Motorway average speed cameras

I’ve had a gutsfull of drivers doing 45 in a 50 average speed in motorway roadworks this week and a lot of these have been hgvs.
Now if you’re one of these why do you do barely 45 when you’re allowed to do 50 if not 52 ?
And also do any of you out there know anyone who as ever been prosecuted for average speeding in a set of roadworks ?

are you seriously moaning about other drivers going about their own business on the public highway ■■?

Is there a new law saying you HAVE to drive at the posted speed limit everywhere now , rather than whatever speed you like ■■

You need to chiill out a little

Hope you have a crash helmet handy… :open_mouth:

PS. It’s a limit, not a target :exclamation:

RIPPER:

Well said.

RIPPER:

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

In this part of the world we don’t have dual carriageways let alone motorways, think yourself very lucky.

Surely sitting at 45mph instead of 50mph through a set of roadworks for a mile or so isn’t going to make that much of a difference to your overall journey time anyway.

damoq:
Surely sitting at 45mph instead of 50mph through a set of roadworks for a mile or so isn’t going to make that much of a difference to your overall journey time anyway.

These are the people I call “non-achievers”, overtake like lunatics normally somewhere dangerous and twenty miles down the road they two vehicles ahead of you.

Well I don’t agree, I was following an artic 05.00 this Sunday morning at 56 then we met some road works he went down to 45 and so did the van in the middle lane who previously was doing about 90, now why were they not doing 50 it was like a ghost town that time of day.

if its clear and i an able i will drop off the limiter down to about 54 and keep going never had a ticket yet :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

bald bloke:
Well I don’t agree, I was following an artic 05.00 this Sunday morning at 56 then we met some road works he went down to 45 and so did the van in the middle lane who previously was doing about 90, now why were they not doing 50 it was like a ghost town that time of day.

Ask yourself another question, why do we have a 50 limit through contra-flows on motorways but we can drive cars at 60 on single carriageways?

bald bloke:

What about the safety of the roadworkers. They set a 50mph limit for safety reasons, but maybe some drivers think its safer to drive at 45mph. Like someone already said, its a limit and not a target.

wildfire:
if its clear and i an able i will drop off the limiter down to about 54 and keep going never had a ticket yet :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And in real terms 54 is probably more like 51 or 52, and yeah if It’s clear keep going.

In my eyes its a target to be beaten not a limit, that’s how I roll :sunglasses:
If you aint living on the edge your are taking up to much room.

On another note why do cars do 70mph on the motorway but only 40-50mph on single carriageways? :confused:
And an another nother note, why do truckers that whine about “its a limit not a target, I’m paid by the hour, It’s the law” do 35mph on single carriageways but go flat out on DC/Motorways■■?

I’ll put it another way if you’re truck was limited to 60 how many of you would go along at 55 ?

Ah this old thread again.

Yes you can sit on the limiter. Yes I have done 59 through them. No I’ve never been prosecuted. No there were no workmen around cos it was midnight. No I didn’t think of the children. Yes that’s how I roll.

bubsy06:
On another note why do cars do 70mph on the motorway but only 40-50mph on single carriageways?

Simple, statistics show that motorways are safer.

waddy640:

bubsy06:
On another note why do cars do 70mph on the motorway but only 40-50mph on single carriageways?

Really■■? statistics show speed does not kill

bubsy06:

waddy640:

bubsy06:

Totally agree it’s when you stop that kills :wink:

bubsy06:

waddy640:

bubsy06:

Case proved then