Most ridiculous thing you have heard?

Evil8Beezle:
I’m young in the game, and I’ve obviously got a lot of bollox to yet hear, but I wondered if people would like to give their experiences of the ultimate load or rollox they’ve been told by another driver… The spark of this thread came a little while back when another driver said, he really liked the 26t rigid with a tag he was driving, as with them, if you drop the tag during overtaking, you can get a couple more K’s out of em! :laughing:

I just agreed with him! :open_mouth:

He’s right :exclamation:

If I get in the car I’ll be taken to a place where there’s lots of puppies I can play with.

Rikki is gonna invite us all to a party and he’s providing a free bar.
Then we’ll find out if giggsy is a drinking God or not

smokinbarrels:
The best bit of RDC bull I’ve heard was from a driver who’d been with a firm 15 years and was the top driver. As a reward he was about to pick up his brand new Scania R620, fully specked up, company credit card to spend on what he likes, didn’t have to go in the yard because he had a fax machine built in to get his orders. However once he was told he couldn’t take the truck home on an evening he told them to poke it and went to drive for Reed Boardall![emoji3]

I think as soon as somebody mentions they’re the company’s Top Driver the bull alert goes off. :laughing:

Lorries are not allowed inside the M25 until after 09:00. He had sat at South Mimms for 4 hours with our daily 07:00 delivery waiting to be allowed in to London. Got very agitated when he eventually turned up shouting at us all (the 4 drivers delayed waiting for his load) asking if we were going to pay his fine.

Anything that comes out of a swing driver working on movie stuff. Any sentence that starts with “Best one was when I was working on…” Anything said during the todger swinging competition of one up manship on the ferry.

That if you don’t want to sleep in the cab, your boss (by law) is obliged to put you up in a hotel and pay the bill.
It must be true because Truckbling said it :bulb: , that should be enough in it’s self, but the proof was it was told to him on his TM CPC. :smiley: .

Also any post from Immigrant. :smiley:

Soldier z:
Genuine phone call last week.

Hello I’m at Tesco Goole
What you doing there then?
Waiting to deliver the load I’ve been here an hour so I’m letting you know.
Which load the Tesco Reading you set off with
Ahhhh…

We all make mistakes

He wasn’t that far out [emoji33]

Do these people really believe the rubbish that they’re spouting?

Are they that gullible?

Or are they just attention seekers?

Either way I do feel a little bit sorry for them (only a bit though)

It happens because generally people are just too nice.

What should happen is that as soon as they start spouting obvious crap they should be just called out on it but because the majority of us are just wanting those 45 second anecdotes to finish we let it go.

peirre:
Rikki is gonna invite us all to a party and he’s providing a free bar.

flying pigs.jpg

Anything military related from drivers who obviously spend to long in their cabs with only their imaginations for company.

When I first started driving I was told by an old timer that any reversing time doesn’t show on your tacho as your not going forwards!!

Ex European British drivers that spread this old and tired yarn of pinning up six Gendarmarie traffic officers against their trailer and disarming them by taking away their guns .
All for stopping them for a tacho check .
Drivers that had a few weeks running money stolen from their pockets while asleep in the cab.
Somehow the pockets had holes cut in them.
A strange coincidence , how the night beforehand , they were in the bar where you can buy expensive drinks for ladies and spend a night with them in a seedy hotel in Porto or Lisbon .

Heard loads of rubbish, some of it from other than myself. Beak Freak is correct about the number of ex SAS drivers out there. When Gulf wars were starting nearly every one on the ferry was expecting to receive a telex at their delivery point demanding immediate return to the UK. I remember Roy Smith was exempt tho. He explained to one such hero that he had a medical discharge from the SAS:
“You know that balaclava we had to wear?”.
“yes mate”.
“Well that always brought me out in a nasty rash…”
Exit one red faced driver.
And that IS a true story.

Drivers should ride a bike as part of the dcpc.
The dcpc will raise standards.
Agencies advertising “exciting opportunities” when it’s really food service clients.

robroy:
That if you don’t want to sleep in the cab, your boss (by law) is obliged to put you up in a hotel and pay the bill.
It must be true because Truckbling said it :bulb: , that should be enough in it’s self, but the proof was it was told to him on his TM CPC. :smiley: .

It just comes a saying to my Mind

Wot Sally says about Suzi says more about Sally then of Suzi

How many missed the Herald free enterprise by two minutes ?

Truck magazines claiming that yet another R cab Scania is “stunning!” just because it’s covered in lights, tacky colour coded interior, white steering wheel and a has a Super badge on the grille.

Immigrant:

robroy:

It just comes a saying to my Mind

Wot Sally says about Suzi says more about Sally then of Suzi

Got to say mate, your inconsistent up and down style, of your command of the English language is getting suspiciously more consistent, …said Sally. :neutral_face:

Chatting to a bloke in Whitwood truck stop, he was having a 45 off and then setting off for China across land. It would take him 6 weeks. Might be true but somehow I doubted it.