Moscow

Mite be going here next week

What’s the best route ? Had a nose seem like Germany, Poland, Belarus is the way it’s sending me.

Any think Iv gotta look out for ?

Cheers lads

[quote=“Legend_Scania”
Cheers lads[/quote]
Russians !
They’re Mental & usually Drunk !

martinviking:
[quote=“Legend_Scania”
Cheers lads

Russians !
[/quote]
Isn’t tha just a normal day in England ? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Legend_Scania:

martinviking:
[quote=“Legend_Scania”
Cheers lads

Russians !

[/quote]
Yea, but there’s a few more Ruskies in Russia. You won’t see many Poles as you drive through Poland though !
They’re all over here ! LOL.

martinviking:

Legend_Scania:

martinviking:
[quote=“Legend_Scania”
Cheers lads

Russians !

Yea, but there’s a few more Ruskies in Russia. You won’t see many Poles as you drive through Poland though !
They’re all over here ! LOL.
[/quote]
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I thought you lost your job mate? Enjoy it if you do go pal.

My old Irish boss offered me my old job back doing fridge work which I couldn’t turn down
Which I enjoyed doing hai :slight_smile:

Legend_Scania:
What’s the best route ? Had a nose seem like Germany, Poland, Belarus is the way it’s sending me.

That used to be the way to go but since the Baltic States joined the eu the route is Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia.

Harry Monk:

Legend_Scania:

That used to be the way to go but since the Baltic States joined the eu the route is Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia.

Cheers Harry I did look at that route to

as harry suggest’s. we go there alot and 9 times out of ten head up latvia and in.

I’ll give that route a try cheers lads

Definately via Latvia. Two less lots of Customs to do for a start, and they’re usually very time-consuming.
From the Latvian border at Ubilinka, you’re looking at a full shift to the outskirts of Moscow, and expect to spend 5 to 10 hours clearing Russian Customs. I’ve done it in less, but i’ve also taken longer on occasions. It’s not uncommon to see 20km+ queues on either side of the border, whichever way you choose to go.
Be aware that you’ll need a Visa for Russia.

Harry Monk:

Legend_Scania:

Agree with Mr Monk… Many of Russian truck drivers use this route

I haven’t been that way for nearly 15 years now but I do know people who still do, and Latvia is “the way”.

Belarus always was a PITA, transit taxes and other taxes were extortionate, Customs, Police etc are endlessly on the take, Belarus has been for years the last Communist country left in Europe, in the 1990’s they mostly just took advantage of their geographical position between the West and Russia to extort as much money from both places as possible and still have the same mindset, that’s why the LT/LV by-pass was created. :wink:

Legend_Scania:

Cheers lads

If its still like it was , make sure you have spare wheels/tyres for all axles or get ripped to death and wait a lifetime ! Spare belts and hoses too were always on board just in case.

3 wheeler:

Legend_Scania:

Cheers lads

If its still like it was , make sure you have spare wheels/tyres for all axles or get ripped to death and wait a lifetime ! Spare belts and hoses too were always on board just in case.

Always handy to carry a few bits and pieces, although most major towns now have dealerships for the main manufacturers…
just that the towns are so far apart.
Also worth having some basic food supplies too - you may be sat in border queues for some time. There’s plenty of roadside cafes to eat at, with decent, cheap, if unfamiliar food available 24/7. The more modern filling-stations usually offer more familiar fare - hotdogs etc.
Police are not as bad as they used to be, but watch out for roadside police stations, where you may be signalled to pull in to for a spot check. Also keep an eye out for roadside weighbridges. If the green light is on, you need to go over the weighbridge.
Moscow ring-road now has time restrictions on it - sorry I can’t remember the times - although very few trucks appear to obey it.
Little tip for Ubilinka border. Don’t proceed under the canopy until called forward by a guard, even if the green light’s on. They
will fine you for it!

Cheers for all your comments and help
I hitter the road this morning to be told to wait as I’ll be joined by another driver

Vista got and food check :slight_smile:

Hopefully it be a good run and no problems

gb1:
Definately via Latvia. Two less lots of Customs to do for a start, and they’re usually very time-consuming.
From the Latvian border at Ubilinka, you’re looking at a full shift to the outskirts of Moscow, and expect to spend 5 to 10 hours clearing Russian Customs. I’ve done it in less, but i’ve also taken longer on occasions. It’s not uncommon to see 20km+ queues on either side of the border, whichever way you choose to go.

There are two options you can go via Grebneva(Ubilinka) or Terehova, the second one usually has longer queues, so I would say Grebneva is better, now its very rare to see queues as long as that, you might get 100-150 lorries, but nothing close to what it was in 07/08.
If your load value is more than 250k $ then you will have an armed guard with you.

In Latvia you can run on a magnet once your past Daugavpils, its very unlikely that there will be any trasport police, and even then they wont stop you because they have enough Latvians to deal with.

Riho:

gb1:

There are two options you can go via Grebneva(Ubilinka) or Terehova, the second one usually has longer queues, so I would say Grebneva is better, now its very rare to see queues as long as that, you might get 100-150 lorries, but nothing close to what it was in 07/08.
If your load value is more than 250k $ then you will have an armed guard with you.

In Latvia you can run on a magnet once your past Daugavpils, its very unlikely that there will be any trasport police, and even then they wont stop you because they have enough Latvians to deal with.

Does the armed guard sit in the cab or follow behide ?

it shuld be arranged in advance. Usually you get an ■■■■■■ car and you follow that… any problems the ■■■■■■ will get out maybe wave his gun about say a few words and before you know it your on your way again.