Morrisons Gadbrook

Going there on the morning - anything I should look out for to avoid grief? Delivering Potatoes (Boxed)
(I am pretty sure my life will ebb away waiting )

:laughing: Everytime you get out of your cab when the forks are unloading you, they will stop. They have to, its H&S ball ■■■■■. Same if you are being loaded with empties…Which is silly, as you need to check they are loading them as you want them to.

Don`t go against the one way system, someone will die of a H&S induced fit :laughing:

They will want your keys.

They are souless, lifeless drones and the Geordie bloke apparently upsets everyone, he hasn`t upset me though :confused:

Because of all this, it is a long drawn out affair, especially if you keep getting out of your cab like I did :grimacing: It was friday, they wanted to get home early, I was the last order…They really shouldn`t have told me that :laughing:

Gadbrook isn’t as bad as some of the Morrisons.

Kerbdog:
Gadbrook isn’t as bad as some of the Morrisons.

If yer on the processing side it is a pain in the arris…But if you have been to Rushden, it is a paradise…Flaxby is Nirvana :sunglasses:

I have experienced the Rushden Morrisons many a time, if its better than that then it will be a breeze
:smiley:

Flaxby is indeed nirvana !
Gadbrook and Rushden are both awful. I actually prefer Rushden as when you’ve been QC’d things actually get a move on.
But at Gadbrook, you can spend an easy hour or 2 in the holding area with the dubious pleasure of the worlds worst toilet. Then it through the gate & queue for weighbridge, I spent an hour sat on weighbridge last week waiting to be sampled. Then go to unloading area 10 feet BEHIND weighbridge, but DONT reverse! Then sit for an hour waiting for forkie to finish his 15 minute break. Finally blindside reverse off (!) to collect empty boxes & go. Whole process can be 3 to 5 hours, with no access to loo or refreshments.
Also use J19 on M6 not the sat-nav recomended 18

att:
keep getting out of your cab like I did :grimacing: It was friday, they wanted to get home early, I was the last order…They really shouldn`t have told me that :laughing:

PMSL !!!

Drive in off the roundabout, turn left, loop round and park up. Then walk over to the gatehouse. If you drive straight to the gatehouse, the greeting you will get will be as if you have just taken a ■■■■ in their kettle. :neutral_face:

Thanks all. Nice to have a bit of a clue

Hi guys, I did a job for Browns to Gadbrook just before xmas. It was busy but was in and out within an hour and a half. They must of wanted to get away for xmas, lol.

Well I got there and went straight in after security and straight on weighbridge (I was getting excited) and then it went breasts up. Went round and queued behind 2 others. They unloaded two trucks in 2.5 hours. They were more civil than Rushden though. All in all I was there for just over three hours. Crazy really but thats how it is I suppose

midlifetrucker:
Well I got there and went straight in after security and straight on weighbridge (I was getting excited) and then it went breasts up. Went round and queued behind 2 others. They unloaded two trucks in 2.5 hours. They were more civil than Rushden though. All in all I was there for just over three hours. Crazy really but thats how it is I suppose

:laughing: More civil than Rushden :laughing: The taliban are more civil than Rushden :wink:

att:

midlifetrucker:

:laughing: More civil than Rushden :laughing: The taliban are more civil than Rushden :wink:

Good one!!

Bakkavour Wingland have to be the most ignorant

I thought it was the Taliban working at Rushden…

Be carefull if coming from the M6 A556 it’s twin track but not classed as a dual carriageway,keep it to 40mph as there is a speed camera set to catch HGV -

Had to go again today. In, unloaded and empties on all in 1 hour 10 mins. Pretty good going !!

franklin:
Drive in off the roundabout, turn left, loop round and park up. Then walk over to the gatehouse. If you drive straight to the gatehouse, the greeting you will get will be as if you have just taken a [zb] in their kettle. :neutral_face:

Lol lol. I’ve had that greeting there many a time, and that was just for turning up in a green shirt.

revman:
Be carefull if coming from the M6 A556 it’s twin track but not classed as a dual carriageway,keep it to 40mph as there is a speed camera set to catch HGV -

I went through that camera full speed everytime and it didn’t once flash me.

midlifetrucker:
Had to go again today. In, unloaded and empties on all in 1 hour 10 mins. Pretty good going !!

:open_mouth: far canal!!!

revman:

Just to let everybody know, on the A556 heading towards the M6 Junction 19 the speed camera does work and the road is classed as a single carriage way road even though it has 2 lanes of traffic either way. To be classed as a dual carriage way apparently it should have a central reservation barrier or grass verges between the two directions of traffic. I got flashed a week ago doing 46mph and upon pleading that it was a dual carriage way I was told it wasn’t for the reasons stated above. I hope no-one else gets caught there.