morrisons drivers

any body on here drive for morrisons?

i have some questions to ask if i can?

I have driven on agency and for subbys for morrisons if that helps.

Gaffers are Arse holes.

Crap day cabbed rubbish.

No sitting in layby’s they work you every minute.

Regular drivers (were) on good money.

I personally would not work full time for Morrisons in any capacity, ive always found it an unpleasant and unhappy place to work.

They must be on MPG bonus as they’re regularly seen slipstreaming the vehicle in front :open_mouth:

runs and hides…

Edward Teller:
I have driven on agency and for subbys for morrisons if that helps.

Gaffers are Arse holes.

Crap day cabbed rubbish.

No sitting in layby’s they work you every minute.

Regular drivers (were) on good money.

I personally would not work full time for Morrisons in any capacity, ive always found it an unpleasant and unhappy place to work.

i agree with eddie on this one but then i disagree with the parking in laybys bit as i park for a snooze where i like. :smiling_imp:

but i would never work for morrisons.

you wont see emparked up,they dont get in trailer,or have anything to do with tip/load,so breaks can be taken at stores in canteen or bolt upright in daycab!

when you get people on here saying i dont care what the truck is its the money i want… well if it was £1000 a week i still wouldnt work for morrisons. :imp:

All drivers take their breaks at the stores, they take 45mins to unload 4 pallets, i know been stuck behind many them a few times. i now just [zb] off to my next drop. :smiling_imp:

auto censor dodge removed …Denis F

I’ve only worked at Morrisons 3 times but found them OK, agency rate wasn’t up to much so I never tried to get ongoing work there, but the work was easy and clean, I’d work there again if the rate was OK.

to back up what ive already said the office staff behing the window at wakefield look straight through you and totally ignore you and they do this to their own drivers as well. i used to wait well over an hour plus just for one job. the only plus point is the canteen. :laughing:

Me too JD, no way would I work for them, terrible place.

jessicas dad:
to back up what ive already said the office staff behing the window at wakefield look straight through you and totally ignore you

Same as Macfarlanes then!!!

The plus point is,if your agency,you get paid by the hour,so the longer you stand,the more you get paid.

And I’d agree with Alex.The canteens are great.

Ken.

Id always heard morrisons was ok work. I was chatting to a contracted driver and he said the work was clean, never touch the load, 8 hr shifts tops. Directly employed drivers were on 36k odd. Ive head a few “urban legends” about morrisons drivers being on 50k years ago. Still, 36k is big money!

Lankytim:
Id always heard morrisons was ok work. I was chatting to a contracted driver and he said the work was clean, never touch the load, 8 hr shifts tops. Directly employed drivers were on 36k odd. Ive head a few “urban legends” about morrisons drivers being on 50k years ago. Still, 36k is big money!

when i was last in there i was talking to lad that worked at freightliner that now works for morrisons and he was on good money but he was definatley not just doing 8 hours. he was nights really doing the hours on weekends.

thank you all so much for the truth now lets talk about there daf trucks how the hell do the gearboxs work?

yet again thanks for answers so far

4 over 4 with a splitter. or it could be a as tronic auto … not too sure but either are really easy to use.

hi been told its an auto but not fully auto any ideas how this works?

i havent driven any off the new dafs with the as tronic mine i had was an 04 reg but i bet morrisons are like this.

the switch beside the phone set at d for drive

then use this stalk to change between manuel and auto. i always found use manuel up to 30mph then change to auto. if i tried auto all the way from standstill it used to get confused a bit especalliy coming up the hill out leeds containerbase with 44 ton on.

thanks for that ive been told there not the best box but hay i have not driven one yet so that will be an experance, thanks again for replys if any one knows more about the trucks i would love to hear. also do they still have a clutch?

i used to work for morrisons i can assure you it was no were near 36 K more like 25K work was easy enough though and only 9 hr shifts

I did some temp work at (Morrisons) Household Potatoes at Flaxby and had no complaints whatsoever.

I guess it must be different if you work out of J41. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: