morgan Mclernon

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone currently works or has worked for Morgan Mclernon ?

See they are looking for drivers and fancy going back on fridge work , wondering what they are like to work for good or bad?

Thanks!

Although I havent worked for them, its all good tackle, and they don`t fly round like there is no tomorrow, in fact, mines set at 90 and quite often pass them on the M6. Have noticed a few of the Irish motors have slowed down lately.

i work for them 110 percent legal 54-56 mph
gaurnenteed wages in bank new fleet of volvos
no messing about

What’s the wages and shifts like? Also have they any trucks based in Scotland as I live in prestwick. Or would I have to go over to get truck? Cheers andy

The only thing that would concern me is that they advertise for drivers EVERY month on NIjobs.com and “rumour” has it the wages are WELL below £7hour but can’t confirm. :neutral_face:

Good tackle though and PLENTY of sitting about Tesco RDC on Boucher Rd Belfast. :grimacing:
Sawyers Transport are another one to try. :wink:

Do they do european or just mostly uk?

halfpint:
Do they do european or just mostly uk?

According to there web site ( google it ) started in 1970 del fruit/veg/meat all over
Euroland as well as IRL/UK .
Hope this helps.

there are usually plenty of them parked up in Hinckley over a weekend

Fair few of them on the A55 most nights heading for Holyhead… See loads parked up at the BP off the a55 all tidy looking kit Scanias an FH’s and most the drivers look no older than about 12 :laughing:

30k I saw them advertised at aswell… 6 on 3 off irc?..

â—¦£30,000
â—¦Work schedule — 6 days on 2 days off - cycle

One came of a ferry in Dover this morning.

Yeah have seen them about the corridor don’t know how far they go mind.

Must be 6 months ago I put a application in after seeing there advertisement time and time again but they have never got in touch! Just think its an ongoing advertisement!

pip2209:
Although I havent worked for them, its all good tackle, and they don`t fly round like there is no tomorrow, in fact, mines set at 90 and quite often pass them on the M6. Have noticed a few of the Irish motors have slowed down lately.

Most Irish hauliers have good tackle. Never had much to do with this lot myself though.

http://www.morgantransport.com/index.html

andy_c1982:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone currently works or has worked for Morgan Mclernon ?

See they are looking for drivers and fancy going back on fridge work , wondering what they are like to work for good or bad?

Thanks!

There looking for drivers again on jobcentre last week.
there work is seem to be handy enough i done few runs for them.
Money was always paid in bank every week though it has changes to every 2 weeks now when u get paid.
fleet of new volvos also came since.

Good place for a guy to start off with to learn the ropes .

i’ll just like to point out, they are not part of derry morgan, or derry brothers ect.
the bosses are related, but they don’t talk.
most of their work is UK/Ireland, and a little bit of European.
and like it has been said before. They do it legal now.
They don’t give prizes for running bent anymore.
They are well worth a punt.

skids:
They are paying £500 in bank every week plus night out money. Its 6 shifts 1st week, 5 shifts 2nd week. They have 14 trucks at Telford working for CML but this will eventually double.
They have a “red with bells on” OCRS rating, have had quite a few problems but are desperately trying to clean up their act.[/quot

Vosa think give them a choice clean your act up or we close you down it seems.
irish firm is last to work for if you can get choice to work for english company.
The irish couldnt walk straight if had to just push push break all rules , magnets etc and ■■■■ pay really.

Try working for a sub pulling for norfolkline to see the springs the irish pull.
When u have norfolkline trailer on you 100 per cent will get stopped by cops/vosa.

irishrover:

skids:
The irish couldnt walk straight if had to just push push break all rules , magnets etc and [zb] pay really.

Try working for a sub pulling for norfolkline to see the springs the irish pull.
When u have norfolkline trailer on you 100 per cent will get stopped by cops/vosa.

100% correct.

90% of them run Scania and 95% trucks with annalog tacho, I wonder why :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Is it not fast becoming a case of do it right or don’t do it at all? Any driver risking their license to run “on the bang” must be very foolish as the extra few quid wont pay the mortgage when you loose the books. But fridge work especially from the uk to Ireland is very hard to do legally or at least it was the last time I done it.