morgan Mclernon

Bit like being on the fish run from NE of Scotland then ?

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:
The irish couldnt walk straight if had to just push push break all rules , magnets etc and [zb] pay really.

Try working for a sub pulling for norfolkline to see the springs the irish pull.
When u have norfolkline trailer on you 100 per cent will get stopped by cops/vosa.

100% correct.

90% of them run Scania and 95% trucks with annalog tacho, I wonder why :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

such a load of ■■■■. i drive 4 a sub doing norfolkine (now DFDS) and its all a 100%, i have to say the odd trailer isnt the best. and has for pulling norfolkline trailer and getting pulled, thats a load of crap too. i be up and down by carlise and stafford and i might get pulled once every 2 months

That silver v8 Scania he has looks absolutely mint.

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:
The irish couldnt walk straight if had to just push push break all rules , magnets etc and [zb] pay really.

Try working for a sub pulling for norfolkline to see the springs the irish pull.
When u have norfolkline trailer on you 100 per cent will get stopped by cops/vosa.

100% correct.

90% of them run Scania and 95% trucks with annalog tacho, I wonder why :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

And about 75% of them seem to be able to chase supercars down the M6!

milkchurns:

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:

100% correct.

such a load of [zb]. i drive 4 a sub doing norfolkine (now DFDS) and its all a 100%, i have to say the odd trailer isnt the best. and has for pulling norfolkline trailer and getting pulled, thats a load of crap too. i be up and down by carlise and stafford and i might get pulled once every 2 months

See it with my OWN eyes chum,

certain red/white V8 Scania passed me on the M3 last week in Belfast and I was doing 60 :exclamation: :exclamation:
He went into DFDS at 2115(seen him around the yard THAT morn@ 0600) dropped his trailer and went “down the back” for a kip, SAME driver went back out the gate@ 0300 :exclamation: :exclamation:
Chatting to another one that same week and I asked him what time he started :question:
“3am and did 3drops and collections around Galway” and his truck was still parked in the yard outside the transport office ticking over@ 2130 :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

milkchurns:

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:

100% correct.

such a load of [zb]. i drive 4 a sub doing norfolkine (now DFDS) and its all a 100%, i have to say the odd trailer isnt the best. and has for pulling norfolkline trailer and getting pulled, thats a load of crap too. i be up and down by carlise and stafford and i might get pulled once every 2 months

Bloody hell…I’ve been pulled once in the last 3.5 years… :laughing:

I’ve been pulled twice in 12 years :laughing: in UK. Been pulled dozens of times when abroad though. Only got fined once, EUR30 for running the small bit of motorway between Mulhouse and Weil-am-Rhein on a German public holiday.

milkchurns:

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:

100% correct.

Would like to know who u drive for :slight_smile:
Depens who u work for if you think there no magnets pulling DFDS trailers then your kidding your self. :wink:

Just because your sub is clean doesnt mean there all clean.
ive stop 4 times in carlise inside 6 weeks.

irishrover:
Depens who u work for if you think there no magnets pulling DFDS trailers then your kidding your self. :wink:

It’s quite interesting doing the leg from Carlisle to Penrith (and sometimes right down to Kendal) in the early hours of the am, seems a lot of the irish V8’s think they can hide in the darkness.

In the old 3.5 Tonner I’ve sat behind one doing a good 75mph all the way!

irishrover:

milkchurns:

Big Truck:

irishrover:

skids:

100% correct.

+1

Just because your paid by the hour doesnt mean everyone is. Percentage pay is illegal just like running on someone elses card, using a magnet, wire, broken fuse, yesterdays card, whatever. If you think it doesnt happen anymore your very naive.

Hmmm, was just going to ask if anyone knows anything about Morgan McLerlon?

They’re advertising for drivers once again here in Ireland and I had thought of giving them a ring, I’d heard a few stories but wasn’t sure just how true they were. Seem to have decent enough kit and most of their drivers I’ve come across appear to be East European… Work situation isn’t too good at the moment so was just wondering :confused:

Was just speaking to one of there chaps, he seemed to like it… He did monday-friday and he’d been there 15years, dint tell me the exact wage but said it was fair. And as for europe he says they do have motors go over but not many, and its normally the lads who want a few weeks away. He was in-between units as his unit had been sold and he was awaiting a new volvo. Sounds ok to me!

Thanks Jarvo

Should be finished about midday tomorrow so I might give them a call :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on pal! Would be interesting to know what they say with you living ‘up scotch’

Just realized I’ve missed pages of posts, its the other guy who started the post who’s from scotland… Sorry!

Heard you got £200 after tax “per trip” from NI to England & RTN.
Most are out Sun evening back Tue Morn repeat and back Thur afternoon which for £400 ain’t that great.
Following week you can maybe use “6cards” but still money not too hot for that time out tramping. :confused:

PLENTY of sitting about Tesco DC on Boucher Rd Belfast. :wink:

If you go to LIDL in Lutterworth then you will see them parked up there from the morning, I think load in N.Ire and ship into Cairn Ryan and run down for the morning delivery into LIDL, then it’s time off.

Their website is down at the moment

a mate of mine was given a start date with this firm at telford was told 6 days one week 5 days 2nd week 500 pounds a week new volvo going back ireland and uk,3 of his mates went to ireland the week before to get there trucks and were told it was 6 days on 2 days off never keeping the same truck they all came back to telford in old trucks parked them up and walked away my mate never started either 20 drivers they were looking for and are still looking for 20 drivers i think

Their ‘older’ trucks are not bad kit though. It’s usual for Irish firms to pay £500 into your back after tax but expect to work when the tacho allows !