More new DAFs

Taken from DAF’s Facebook Page from the Commerical Vehicle Show, the new CF…

906478_362042273896350_2013455476_o.jpg

Looks a lot bigger than the old CF to me, I thought it was an XF at first glance!

And the LF

905497_531879903518177_1369175783_o.jpg

Looks like the old one has been mated with a Scania to me

Sapper

Looks a lot better imo than the older models :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Has the interior been updated?
I think the front would look better with a Foden badge on and a Cat or ■■■■■■■ engine under the cab.
:wink:

Ha ha

Literally all they’ve done is stick a new grille and lights on it. Bet the interior is still exactly the same.

there is a lot of upgrades on them

sapper:
Looks like the old one has been mated with a Scania to me

Sapper

First thing I thought too, scania will be sueing for breach off copyright.

the front bumper is zinc coated ,sooooo in theory shouldn’t rust like the 105 ,85 ,75 etc…

Hope they’re better built than the current CF; Our 61 reg has got to have a new centre bearing on the propshaft.

Muckaway:
Hope they’re better built than the current CF; Our 61 reg has got to have a new centre bearing on the propshaft.

I bet youll have to change that bearing every 12 months now. I drove a xf95 and the centre bearing went on me about 2.5 years ago and then 12 months or so after it went again this time with another driver and it had to be done again a few months ago.

I like the look of these new DAFs altho I have always liked them. Itd look a wee bit better if the silver band on the grille was painted orange as well.

I see from the pics that the new CF has still got its quarter windows on the doors, where as the XF now doesn’t. One of my biggest annoyances when driving DAFs. Can’t see a thing in your N/S mirror when you are reversing into a warehouse or shed due to the window being in the way. Crazy when you consider the truck is aimed at distribution and will spend alot of it’s time in and out of these places.:angry:

Muckaway:
I think the front would look better with a Foden badge on and a Cat or ■■■■■■■ engine under the cab.

the interior has already been updated on the 62 plates onwards and they come with ■■■■■■■ as standard from 11 plates onwards.

lizard:

Muckaway:

the interior has already been updated on the 62 plates onwards and they come with ■■■■■■■ as standard from 11 plates onwards.

I drove our 13 plate on Good Friday, didn’t think the interior was a lot different (although I like the revised arm rests).
I didn’t know ■■■■■■■ were standard on CFs (explains the nice sound on our 13 though) as I thought only the LF had ■■■■■■■■

Muckaway:

lizard:

Muckaway:

I drove our 13 plate on Good Friday, didn’t think the interior was a lot different (although I like the revised arm rests).
I didn’t know ■■■■■■■ were standard on CFs (explains the nice sound on our 13 though) as I thought only the LF had ■■■■■■■■

haven’t been in any of our 13 plates yet but our 62 plates interior was a vast improvement.
I was informed by our workshop that ■■■■■■■ were being fitted as standard on our 11 plates so was well chuffed when I started her up and the noise was missing just 1 thing. a set of stacks

I’m learning something here as well - I thought all DAFs had moved onto the PACCAR engine these days.

I’m hoping these are a stop gap for Euro 6 before a full new truck is launched. Worst facelift in the history of commercial vehicles in my opinion

Daf do not fit ■■■■■■■ engines in the CF or the XF, the last time a ■■■■■■■ went under a Daf cab was for the Euro2 95-530 in the late 90s :open_mouth:

The LF has an engine that was developed in conjunction with Case New Holland, ■■■■■■■ and IVECO, but it is branded as a Paccar engine in Daf products :wink:

newmercman:
Daf do not fit ■■■■■■■ engines in the CF or the XF, the last time a ■■■■■■■ went under a Daf cab was for the Euro2 95-530 in the late 90s :open_mouth:

The LF has an engine that was developed in conjunction with Case New Holland, ■■■■■■■ and IVECO, but it is branded as a Paccar engine in Daf products :wink:

went to thame on a daf course a couple of weeks ago and the rigid engines will be fitted with an euro 6 twin overhead cam eng , sounds like problems in the future

ramhead:

newmercman:

went to thame on a daf course a couple of weeks ago and the rigid engines will be fitted with an euro 6 twin overhead cam eng , sounds like problems in the future

Did they say what engine that’s based on, or whether it’s a new design :question: What size engine is it :question:

I can assure you it will be a problem, EGR, DPF and SCR, a million sensors and nobody will have a clue how to fix it when it does go wrong as it’s all new technology :cry: I wouldn’t touch one with a bargepole :unamused: