More new DAFs

Daf Aid paid a visit to our 13plate yesterday, the switch on neutral was playing up so it wouldn’t start. Whay are Daf so popular when everyone knows they’re electrics are a joke??

Muckaway:

lizard:

Muckaway:
Has the interior been updated?
I think the front would look better with a Foden badge on and a Cat or ■■■■■■■ engine under the cab.
:wink:

the interior has already been updated on the 62 plates onwards and they come with ■■■■■■■ as standard from 11 plates onwards.

I drove our 13 plate on Good Friday, didn’t think the interior was a lot different (although I like the revised arm rests).
I didn’t know ■■■■■■■ were standard on CFs (explains the nice sound on our 13 though) as I thought only the LF had ■■■■■■■■

the CF 85 doesn’t have a ■■■■■■■■■■■ only ■■■■■■■ DAF use are the 4 and 6 cyls in the LF and CF 65…new XF still has the MX and there is a new 11 litre twin overhead cam engine that replaces the PR engine which couldn’t meet euro 6

dew:
I’m learning something here as well - I thought all DAFs had moved onto the PACCAR engine these days.

All engines DAF use are branded as PACCAR ( parent company) wether made by DAF or not …75 .85 XF run daf designed and manufactured engines the smaller engine in the LF and CF 65 are ■■■■■■■

Not just a rebadge as far as I can see.

They’ve put LF doors on it, like Renault and Volvo use, and DAF put on the LF.

Must admit though, never did like the CF doors.

Sack that comment off, just noticed the second pic I saw was an LF. What a knob I am

PaulNowak:
Sack that comment off, just noticed the second pic I saw was an LF. What a knob I am

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway:
Daf Aid paid a visit to our 13plate yesterday, the switch on neutral was playing up so it wouldn’t start. Whay are Daf so popular when everyone knows they’re electrics are a joke??

Because they are cheap?

I think it looks like a carp that’s had a sock wedged in its mouth. I dont like the big grey bit across the front.

newmercman:
Daf do not fit ■■■■■■■ engines in the CF or the XF, the last time a ■■■■■■■ went under a Daf cab was for the Euro2 95-530 in the late 90s :open_mouth:

The LF has an engine that was developed in conjunction with Case New Holland, ■■■■■■■ and IVECO, but it is branded as a Paccar engine in Daf products :wink:

The 6-pot still uses a common main block with the Iveco/CaseNewHolland, but pretty much everything else now is different.

The ■■■■■■■ DAF and the Fiatpowertrain (as now is) Tector have different fuel injection, bore x stroke etc.

The 4-pot is all new, and made in China to a new ■■■■■■■ design!