More excellent Police pr

simcor:

robroy:

use a name:
ANPR cameras can only read a certain font that is spaced out correctly.

That’s the reason they are targeting plates, private or otherwise that don’t conform to the regulations.

Nothing to do with anything else.

Ok,.as we’re now concentrating on the plates rather than the principle behind it…
The font bit is feasible, but standard letters 3mm out of line for instance?
Wouldn’t have thought so tbh, how can they not be read?

You do like to exxagerate don’t you rob? 3mm out of line don’t be so ridiculous. People space them incorrectly to get the to read something else. And not by 3mm on most of the [zb] look at me numberplates I see.

I’m happy to have the numerplate that came with my car on and don’t see the point in spending money of private plates.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I don’t doubt that you have a standard plate, being such a conformist and upholder of the law. :smiley:
Me? What a rebel eh?
I have a private plate,.(so I obviously I belong to the criminal fraternity, and quaify to be potential bank robber.) …and guess what?
One letter is 3mm off centre, so not exaggerating nor stating the ridiculous at all eh?
Cheers.

Mazzer2:
Have never associated private plates with criminal gangs more likely to be a fully paid up member of the small ■■■■■ gang :smiley: :smiley:

Totally agree, couldnt have put it better myself :laughing:

Suedehead:

Mazzer2:
Have never associated private plates with criminal gangs more likely to be a fully paid up member of the small ■■■■■ gang :smiley: :smiley:

Getting my tape measure out as we speak. :laughing:

robroy:

Suedehead:

Mazzer2:

ebay.co.uk/itm/144098177582 … 3400196703
ebay.co.uk/itm/174762875383 … SwAUFgl8GZ

Franglais:

robroy:

Suedehead:

Mazzer2:

ebay.co.uk/itm/144098177582 … 3400196703
ebay.co.uk/itm/174762875383 … SwAUFgl8GZ

Cheeky ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Rest easy chaps - the manpower for this particular operation is drawn almost entirely from unpaid volunteer Special Constables (aka “Hobby Bobbies”), so no worries about diverting precious resources away from “proper policing”.

robroy:
Ok whether or not you hate. dissapprove of, or resent people with private plates is neither here nor there, that is not the purpose of the thread.
I see the Police are using their valuable time and 'limited resources on more cutting edge crime fighting.
This is the latest in their famous ''clamp downs…
■■■■ poor easy target priorities once again.
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:
thesun.co.uk/motors/1663433 … ate-tweak/

Nah with the Police on this one. An absolute pet hate with me, car drivers moving letters and numbers around to make some silly word. Make it £5000.

In a split second you need to read a plate not spend 2 seconds trying to work it out and by the time you do the driver has f’d off so that’s you goosed.

Well done for once Newcy Plod.

Oh and if I were a crook at least I’d clone a plate from the same colour and make of vehicle. Some crooks are def really dense on that one.

the maoster:
■■■■■■■■ to private plates, expensive rip off IMO. I saved a fortune by changing my name by deed poll for the princely sum of £20 to FJ17 YNO. Work smart, not hard :wink:

Brilliant top post. More, More ! :smiley:

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:

use a name:
ANPR cameras can only read a certain font that is spaced out correctly.

That’s the reason they are targeting plates, private or otherwise that don’t conform to the regulations.

Nothing to do with anything else.

Ok,.as we’re now concentrating on the plates rather than the principle behind it…
The font bit is feasible, but standard letters 3mm out of line for instance?
Wouldn’t have thought so tbh, how can they not be read?

You do like to exxagerate don’t you rob? 3mm out of line don’t be so ridiculous. People space them incorrectly to get the to read something else. And not by 3mm on most of the [zb] look at me numberplates I see.

I’m happy to have the numerplate that came with my car on and don’t see the point in spending money of private plates.

I don’t doubt that you have a standard plate, being such a conformist and upholder of the law. :smiley:
Me? What a rebel eh?
I have a private plate,.(so I obviously I belong to the criminal fraternity, and quaify to be potential bank robber.) …and guess what?
One letter is 3mm off centre, so not exaggerating nor stating the ridiculous at all eh?
Cheers.

Ah so now we are getting somewhere then Rob, that’s why you have a beef with it.

Like I said I couldn’t care less what people think of me or private plates.

My car has to pass an MOT to be legal and the law is clear on numberplates being of the correct type materials and font size and the rest of the gubbins so I choose to keep it legal.

Not because I agree with it or don’t agree with it.

I’m far from a conformist but I do stuff to keep my life simple and choose not to have plate that isn’t correct as I really couldn’t be bothered with being pulled over by the cops when they see fit to it over a stupid numberplate, cause I think it would make me or my car look cool or anyone of the myriad of reasons why people choose to do so.

the maoster:
■■■■■■■■ to private plates, expensive rip off IMO. I saved a fortune by changing my name by deed poll for the princely sum of £20 to FJ17 YNO. Work smart, not hard :wink:

Oh how I wish that was True.

I once in the office asked a driver for ID as we had to check ID from all driver to confirm they were the driver collecting the load.

His name was Nasty B’stard and when I filled out his details I said no come on really. Then he pulled out his DL.

And yes he had changed his name many years ago by deed poll.

We all had quite a laugh about it.

And a quick Google shows its all true if anyone doubts the authenticity of this story that I have obviously just made up.

Oh and Rob if you really think that a letter being 3mm out is going to attract any attention to you then your crazy.

If the plate is the correct type and font and size etc then you have nothing to worry about. Or is there more to your plate than you are letting on?

simcor:
Oh and Rob if you really think that a letter being 3mm out is going to attract any attention to you then your crazy.

If the plate is the correct type and font and size etc then you have nothing to worry about. Or is there more to your plate than you are letting on?

Yeh fair enough crazy,…although I have become quite fond of ‘‘Mentalist.’’ :smiley:

More confused tbh I was getting my mm.s confused with my cm.s. :blush: :smiley:

Roymondo:
Rest easy chaps - the manpower for this particular operation is drawn almost entirely from unpaid volunteer Special Constables (aka “Hobby Bobbies”), so no worries about diverting precious resources away from “proper policing”.

Specials :unamused: …Those ■■■■ s are like politicians…
The fact that somebody WANTS to become a one,.should disqualify them from doing so.
Something wrong with somebody who could be a ■■■■ and get paid for it, but chooses to do it for free instead.

Not prepared to go the whole way with the job, but prefer to play at it…a bit like ‘‘day men’’ in fact :laughing: …I m joking, I’m joking. :smiley:

robroy:

simcor:

Yeh fair enough crazy,…although I have become quite fond of ‘‘Mentalist.’’ :smiley:

Just one question then, why is it so important to break the law of which you being an educated man are obviously aware of. Just to have a private number plate to read what you want It to?

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

Just one question then, why is it so important to break the law of which you being an educated man are obviously aware of. Just to have a private number plate to read what you want It to?

You said it was ''so important ‘’ mate not me. :neutral_face:
It’s a plate,.a bit of fun, not ‘‘important’’ at all tbh,.
Hey…maybe I was naive enough to think that the Police had soooo much more to do than bother their arses about a ■■■■ number plate spacing being a couple of CMs out…seems I was wrong eh?. :neutral_face:

Specials :unamused: …Those [zb] s are like politicians…
The fact that somebody WANTS to become a one,.should disqualify them from doing so.
Something wrong with somebody who could be a [zb] and get paid for it, but chooses to do it for free instead.

Not prepared to go the whole way with the job, but prefer to play at it…a bit like ‘‘day men’’ in fact :laughing: …I m joking, I’m joking. :smiley:

A bit like those who could be paid several pounds per hour full time to look after vehicles but choose instead to do it for £27 per night (as well as kipping in the ■■■■■■■ things) because well, “lifestyle…”

I don’t know who is laughing hardest TBH - the paid bobbies pointing at the volunteers who do it for free or the “day men” who spend their down-time enjoying the fruits of their own labour and the company of their families. (Also only joking of course - salt of the earth the lot of 'em!). No, in reality it’s the politicians who spend their entire careers being paid by the state to feather their own nests (no joking this time).

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

You said it was ''so important ‘’ mate not me. :neutral_face:
It’s a plate,.a bit of fun, not ‘‘important’’ at all tbh,.
Hey…maybe I was naive enough to think that the Police had soooo much more to do than bother their arses about a [zb] number plate spacing being a couple of CMs out…seems I was wrong eh?. :neutral_face:

It clearly is important to you to choose to alter the spacing knowing the possibility you could get pulled and or done for it.

I don’t have an issue with proper private plates that do the job without being altered.

Maybe I like living on the edge. :bulb:
I also once put a foreign coin in a vending machine, and took more sachets of sweeteners at Gregg’s that I actually needed. :open_mouth:
I’m just a rebel without a cause. :sunglasses:

robroy:

Conor:

robroy:
This is the latest in their famous ''clamp downs…
■■■■ poor easy target priorities once again.
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:
thesun.co.uk/motors/1663433 … ate-tweak/

I see you didn’t read past the headline…

"“We’ll be targeting all vehicles using false number plates, a tactic often by some criminal groups to avoid detection,” the station’s Twitter posted to social media. "

And as in the article some alter their plates to evade detection.

Are you saying you don’t want the police to do their job? People like you make me laugh. On one hand you complain that they don’t do their job, that when you read a story you’ll go “well why didn’t they do so and so” but when they do pro-active policing that often results in them catching or at least interrupting the lives of those involved in the stuff you say they do nothing to stop you then complain that they go after low hanging fruit.

But then as you read the Sun it comes as no surprise.

Oh but I did, I just didn’t believe it.
Funny that, cos people like you make me laugh also.
Those who believe the official line on anything, without seeing the real reason for it.
How many tweaked plates do you see up and down the country, abd unless you are some buffoon it’s easy to still read the original plate, just a bit of fun and harmless customisation, but every one subject to a potential thousand pound fine…kerching.

But lets justify it to the gullible by putting the words ‘criminal gangs’ in the official blurb.
I don’t know what it’s like around your way, but up here they tend to use false plates rather than make a 4 into an A or move a letter over to make a name. :unamused:

Pity you ain’t half the smart arse in reality Conor, than what you continuously attempt to portray on here.

You just don’t believe it?
Oh.
Well that’s that then.
False plates and cloning are common amongst organised crime.

Then you have the brain dead who modify their plates or don’t stick to the rules who then make ANPR recognition of their plates difficult.

Rules are there for a reason. Your choice not to adhere to them…but ffs stop whining when you get pinged for it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Specials :unamused: …Those [zb] s are like politicians…
Something wrong with somebody who could be a [zb] and get paid for it, but chooses to do it for free instead.

A bit like those who could be paid several pounds per hour full time to look after vehicles but choose instead to do it for £27 per night (as well as kipping in the [zb] things) because well, “lifestyle…”

I don’t know who is laughing hardest TBH - the paid bobbies pointing at the volunteers who do it for free or the “day men” who spend their down-time enjoying the fruits of their own labour and the company of their families. (Also only joking of course - salt of the earth the lot of 'em!). No, in reality it’s the politicians who spend their entire careers being paid by the state to feather their own nests (no joking this time).

Where are these jobs you speak of that pay you an hourly rate for ‘‘looking after’’ your truck?
I like the sound of them if they in fact exist.
And do you have enough time to ‘‘enjoy the company of your families’’ in your 9 or 11s off,.(2 of those hours presumably spent commuting back and forth.)
Nah I’ll stick to my 11 hours proper rest in my role as a …as you lot say '‘unpaid security guard’ in my ‘‘tin box’’ thanks, it makes for a less stressful life. :wink: