More excellent Police pr

I can see it from both sides. On one hand I would rather see police out and about on the roads stopping the likes of red light jumpers, poor lane dicipline, tailgating, speeding and all the other offences we see everyday but if while doing that they see an illegal plate then pull them and fine them. Maybe it’s just me but from what I used to see the ones
with the illegal number plates are thr type who usually break other laws as well.

I.E. More traffic cars to deal with traffic offences only. They could make a fortune and help improve road safety at the same time. :laughing:

jakethesnake:
I can see it from both sides. On one hand I would rather see police out and about on the roads stopping the likes of red light jumpers, poor lane dicipline, tailgating, speeding and all the other offences we see everyday but if while doing that they see an illegal plate then pull them and fine them. Maybe it’s just me but from what I used to see the ones
with the illegal number plates are thr type who usually break other laws as well.

I.E. More traffic cars to deal with traffic offences only. They could make a fortune and help improve road safety at the same time. :laughing:

We dont need more traffic cops we need more cops on the street.
When my motorbike got stolen, They did not even bother to visit. I have heard countless similar stories of police unwilling to check CCTV/follow leads when it comes to stolen vehicles.
Heck when it comes to police dealing with stolen vehicles they only seem to care if it’s a celebrity.

Police have gone from a preventative presence on the street (Just the presence of police on the street reducing crime). To being a reactionary force who only deals with crime when it occurs.

Heck when it comes to Motorcycle thefts, the majority of the time they wont even chase the suspect if they see him driving your stolen Bike.
bikerandbike.co.uk/the-bike … criminals/

jakethesnake:
from what I used to see the ones

That is one hell of a generalisation mate. :smiley:

adam277:

jakethesnake:

When my motorbike got stolen, They did not even bother to visit. I have heard countless similar stories of police unwilling to check CCTV/follow leads when it comes to stolen vehicles.
Heck when it comes to police dealing with stolen vehicles they only seem to care if it’s a celebrity.

Police have gone from a preventative presence on the street (Just the presence of police on the street reducing crime). To being a reactionary force who only deals with crime when it occurs.

Heck when it comes to Motorcycle thefts, the majority of the time they wont even chase the suspect if they see him driving your stolen Bike.

I’ve told this story before on here when this subject comes up about selective easy target policing…
My youngest lad who was just 17 at the time had just passed his test, he stopped at a junction in town and this ■■■■ yobbo punched him in the face through his open window.
He sped away from the junction,. and up the road, no more than 10 yards up got pulled by the Police … with a ‘noisy exhaust’
Did they go looking for the yobbo?
Take a guess.
I nearly got myself arrested the next morning kicking off about it in the Police station. :unamused:

As for motorbike theft, my lad got his bike nicked out of the shed, police not interested.
My mate got his car nicked,.again they went through the motions and nothing else.
Me and my mate took 12 hours the next day to find the car by asking a couple of ‘local faces’ and ,.and we are only truckers not detectives.
We had to go and get it back ourselves mob handed,.carrying baseball bats that we luckily did not have to use. :unamused: …I mean ffs we should not have had to put ourselves at risk.
This is the sort of thing that totally ■■■■■■ me off about the Police, unless it s an easy target or a money making excercise, they ain’t interested.

robroy:

adam277:

jakethesnake:

I’ve told this story before on here when this subject comes up about selective easy target policing…
My youngest lad who was just 17 at the time had just passed his test, he stopped at a junction in town and this [zb] yobbo punched him in the face through his open window.
He sped away from the junction,. and up the road, no more than 10 yards up got pulled by the Police … with a ‘noisy exhaust’
Did they go looking for the yobbo?
Take a guess.
I nearly got myself arrested the next morning kicking off about it in the Police station. :unamused:

As for motorbike theft, my lad got his bike nicked out of the shed, police not interested.
My mate got his car nicked,.again they went through the motions and nothing else.
Me and my mate took 12 hours the next day to find the car by asking a couple of ‘local faces’ and ,.and we are only truckers not detectives.
We had to go and get it back ourselves mob handed,.carrying baseball bats that we luckily did not have to use. :unamused: …I mean ffs we should not have had to put ourselves at risk.
This is the sort of thing that totally ■■■■■■ me off about the Police, unless it s an easy target or a money making excercise, they ain’t interested.

years ago i had a friend that had relatives in a rough area. friend goes up there to pick up the relatives. unbeknown to him the relative had been causing agro and the local yobs got fed up with them getting away with it by going to stay with my friend. long story short friend pulls up outside the house and a brick comes through the rear window. they smashed the car up while friend was on the phone to the police for 2 hours hiding in the house. eventualy police turn up mob handed saying they couldnt come sooner due tostaff shortages andshotand friend leaves in his car. not 1/3 mile down the road he drives into a police spot check gets stopped for driving a car with all the windows smashed and body panels badly damaged.

this latest scam is purely a money raising plot not only for the instant fine but any other cash cows generated by having a “proper” number plate. Compleate waste of time just pick on the small fry so they dont have to do any real work and can claim they are too busy to do anything that actualy requires any amount of work.

Watching some of the cop programs on telly, I think some of the so called professional traffic cops are just glorified boy racers, with comments like “game on” at the beginning of a high speed pursuit.

Away from traffic cops, it’s about time the Metropolitan Police guru Caress A ■■■■, (or in her case not) got the boot. Totally incompetent and completely out of touch with reality. The problem is that there are plenty more articles like her in the echelon of Policing, quite worrying really.

Manipulate LIBOR rates defrauding the world, seating in a high rise office in Canary Wharf and the worse you will find is that you could be invited to speak about it in a committee in the house of commons. Use a reg plate with a wrong colour, font, or icon and the state will shake you down and make you feel the full force of the law.

ANPR cameras can only read a certain font that is spaced out correctly.

That’s the reason they are targeting plates, private or otherwise that don’t conform to the regulations.

Nothing to do with anything else.

robroy:

jakethesnake:
from what I used to see the ones

That is one hell of a generalisation mate. :smiley:

I know it is :laughing: but you know what I mean
If you did the job I did for as long as you drove trucks you tend to notice how others drive.
Sad but true. A hard habit to break.
Ie you are following a car and it breaks a rule you can almost guarantee there will be several more broken within a short distance. They don’t care or they don’t know because they have forgotten what the correct way is. That’s why refreshers would help quite a few in my opinion. :wink:

use a name:

That’s the reason they are targeting plates, private or otherwise that don’t conform to the regulations.

If that’s true it makes perfect sense.

use a name:

Ok,.as we’re now concentrating on the plates rather than the principle behind it…
The font bit is feasible, but standard letters 3mm out of line for instance?
Wouldn’t have thought so tbh, how can they not be read?

robroy:

use a name:

Ok,.as we’re now concentrating on the plates rather than the principle behind it…
The font bit is feasible, but standard letters 3mm out of line for instance?
Wouldn’t have thought so tbh, how can they not be read?

You do like to exxagerate don’t you rob? 3mm out of line don’t be so ridiculous. People space them incorrectly to get the to read something else. And not by 3mm on most of the ■■■■■■ look at me numberplates I see.

I’m happy to have the numerplate that came with my car on and don’t see the point in spending money of private plates.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Seriously, some of you think ‘potential criminals’ or people who have registration numbers 3mm out are worse than the ■■■■■■■■ on the motorways, cutting in dangerously, tailgating, sitting in the middle lane doing 50, swerving about because they’re ■■■■■■ or texting? The ones we’re constantly babysitting as part of our job?
Where are the coppers then?

Mazzer2:
Have never associated private plates with criminal gangs more likely to be a fully paid up member of the small ■■■■■ gang :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve got a private plate but dont belong to the second part of the statement so I must be a criminal :smiley: lol

the old timer:

Mazzer2:
Have never associated private plates with criminal gangs more likely to be a fully paid up member of the small ■■■■■ gang :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve got a private plate but dont belong to the second part of the statement so I must be a criminal :smiley: lol

lol well prepare to have your collar felt your days are numbered :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

Conor:

robroy:
This is the latest in their famous ''clamp downs…
■■■■ poor easy target priorities once again.
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:
thesun.co.uk/motors/1663433 … ate-tweak/

I see you didn’t read past the headline…

"“We’ll be targeting all vehicles using false number plates, a tactic often by some criminal groups to avoid detection,” the station’s Twitter posted to social media. "

And as in the article some alter their plates to evade detection.

Are you saying you don’t want the police to do their job? People like you make me laugh. On one hand you complain that they don’t do their job, that when you read a story you’ll go “well why didn’t they do so and so” but when they do pro-active policing that often results in them catching or at least interrupting the lives of those involved in the stuff you say they do nothing to stop you then complain that they go after low hanging fruit.

But then as you read the Sun it comes as no surprise.

Oh but I did, I just didn’t believe it.
Funny that, cos people like you make me laugh also.
Those who believe the official line on anything, without seeing the real reason for it.
How many tweaked plates do you see up and down the country, abd unless you are some buffoon it’s easy to still read the original plate, just a bit of fun and harmless customisation, but every one subject to a potential thousand pound fine…kerching.

But lets justify it to the gullible by putting the words ‘criminal gangs’ in the official blurb.
I don’t know what it’s like around your way, but up here they tend to use false plates rather than make a 4 into an A or move a letter over to make a name. :unamused:

Pity you ain’t half the smart arse in reality Conor, than what you continuously attempt to portray on here.

So you read the full story and made up your own story as you didn’t like the official story. Your a mentalist

■■■■■■■■ to private plates, expensive rip off IMO. I saved a fortune by changing my name by deed poll for the princely sum of £20 to FJ17 YNO. Work smart, not hard :wink:

Nearly there again:

robroy:

Conor:

robroy:
This is the latest in their famous ''clamp downs…
■■■■ poor easy target priorities once again.
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:
thesun.co.uk/motors/1663433 … ate-tweak/

I see you didn’t read past the headline…

"“We’ll be targeting all vehicles using false number plates, a tactic often by some criminal groups to avoid detection,” the station’s Twitter posted to social media. "

And as in the article some alter their plates to evade detection.

Are you saying you don’t want the police to do their job? People like you make me laugh. On one hand you complain that they don’t do their job, that when you read a story you’ll go “well why didn’t they do so and so” but when they do pro-active policing that often results in them catching or at least interrupting the lives of those involved in the stuff you say they do nothing to stop you then complain that they go after low hanging fruit.

But then as you read the Sun it comes as no surprise.

Oh but I did, I just didn’t believe it.
Funny that, cos people like you make me laugh also.
Those who believe the official line on anything, without seeing the real reason for it.
How many tweaked plates do you see up and down the country, abd unless you are some buffoon it’s easy to still read the original plate, just a bit of fun and harmless customisation, but every one subject to a potential thousand pound fine…kerching.

But lets justify it to the gullible by putting the words ‘criminal gangs’ in the official blurb.
I don’t know what it’s like around your way, but up here they tend to use false plates rather than make a 4 into an A or move a letter over to make a name. :unamused:

Pity you ain’t half the smart arse in reality Conor, than what you continuously attempt to portray on here.

So you read the full story and made up your own story as you didn’t like the official story. Your a mentalist

You know what mate?
If that had come from anybody other than YOU I’d have been insulted.
Btw When I get around to it, that last comment is going to be my new forum signature. :sunglasses:
Thanks for that. :laughing:

(I lurrrve annoying these people :laughing: )

jakethesnake:

use a name:

If that’s true it makes perfect sense.

UK traffic cars will often have ANPR on board.
quora.com/Do-all-police-car … -in-the-UK

The MoT checks for plate legality doesnt (shouldnt) it? Do some fit legal plates just for the test, then refit the dodgy ones later?

If it can`t read a plate what should the crew do? Assume it is someone harmless or that it is a false plate or whatever?
If they do a stop when not too busy, they can get a future “red herring” out of the way. Get an “accidentally” misleading plate off the street.

Fit legal plates and let the cops do their jobs rather than stopping dodgy plates.
Isn¬t that what we want?