More Cat C work avail nov/dec?

Hi im looking to train for my Cat C licence. When i pass i dont want to be looking for work too long as i thought it best to keep your skills fresh.

The question is timing, if i train over the next couple of months, is there likely to be more opportunities for agency work up to christmas, thefore getting my foot in the door experience wise. Or if i pass beginning of the year will it be dead in jan/feb?

If you get you C before xmas you are more likely to get some work leading up to and over the xmas period. January and Febuary are very quiet. Usually. Thats my experience anyway. Hope thats of some help.

jad24369:
If you get you C before xmas you are more likely to get some work leading up to and over the xmas period. January and Febuary are very quiet. Usually. Thats my experience anyway. Hope thats of some help.

That agrees with my experiences of agency work, (5 1/2 years, in the 90s), although January was usually ok, it was Feb and March that were dead.
We were covering the big rush leading up to x-mas, then the x-mas holiday cover. By the end of Jan, everyone has had their holiday and are back at work, getting all the OT going, saveing for their summer holidays :smiley: .