Passed, now what?

Sorry if this has been done before, so ive passed cat c on the 4th of this month, thanks to pstt!
Is it just a case of ringing and or visiting as many companies as possible? Most agencies seem to want experience now too
Ive had a chat with brids at barlborough but im waiting to see what they say,
Is this just gonna be a case of beggars cant be choosers until i get some experience because im really nervous as to whats next i dont want to jump into the deep end and find myself sacked for not being upto scratch

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

you passed at a good time xmas is around the corner apply for many agency and take anything you get

dont worry about messing up, as agency are using you after xmas you wont get any shifts so just go with that attitude honestly dont give ‘a 100%’ its all bollox after xmas bye

Realistically you need some experience. As well as the driving / reversing, there are other aspects to the job, such as curtains, tail-lifts, pallet trucks, handball, cages, bays, navigation and more.

Fair enough apply for full-time jobs, but if you aren’t doing anything now, sign up with an agency and be willing to do van and 7.5 tonne work. If you keep bringing the van / truck back in one piece, they will begin to trust you. Insurance can play a part in the decisions too, such as your age and experience, even how long you have held the category.

At this time of year Royal Mail may be a good one. There will always be extra drivers required at Christmas, even if their volumes are down on what they used to be. Find out what agency is supplying this year, in my area it was always Manpower, but I’m not sure if that was nationwide or even if they still supply.

Thanks guys, had my notebook Infront of me with enough numbers to rival the yellow pages, ive got a drive and a chat tomorrow with shepherd distribution and then an interview with a local plant firm on Monday,
All tips and advice massively welcome