Moral Dilemma

What would you do? Have seen a freshly hand painted 7.5 ton horsebox lorry around the town doing removals lately. No O licence in the windscreen no tacho in the cab. The truck is D reg.

Report it

Why ask ■■
ppl here are quick to scream and shout about drivers and trucks coming here and taking work.

If this Guy is doing it Ilegaly then he’s prob not paying tax etc and maybe claming of the social not to mention taking work from someone who’s trying to make a living by the book

Simple; report them.

A few reasons why: they’re taking work off (probably) struggling guys who are 100% legit and pay thru the nose for it. If they are happy to commit offences re tacho’s etc, they’re probably happy to commit others relating to insurance, roadworthiness etc. More importantly it could be your family being injured or worse by these (alleged) cowboys.

I can imagine the headlines now… Killer HGV drivers terrorise sleepy Exeter and so on and so on…

Unless it affects you! Mind your own business :unamused:

miketdt:
What would you do? Have seen a freshly hand painted 7.5 ton horsebox lorry around the town doing removals lately. No O licence in the windscreen no tacho in the cab. The truck is D reg.

How do you know there ain’t no tacho in the cab ? You wouldn’t be driving this vehicle would you :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

Report it… :open_mouth:

Don’t even go there!

Someday you’ll blow a bulb without realising and you’ll be glad some over-conscientious bod hasn’t called an equally over-enthusiastic hato with your reg and location!!

If he’s doing wrong they’ll catch up with him soon enough, I’d leave well alone!

PM the reg no to either of the 2 “judge dreads” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Talulah:
Don’t even go there!

Someday you’ll blow a bulb without realising and you’ll be glad some over-conscientious bod hasn’t called an equally over-enthusiastic hato with your reg and location!!

If he’s doing wrong they’ll catch up with him soon enough, I’d leave well alone!

report him a blown bulb is differant to no insurance,no wonder we cant find any work when theirs people like this probably doing it ilegally & cheaper…

you sure it wasn’t someone with a crappy old horsebox doing their own house move ?

Denis F:
you sure it wasn’t someone with a crappy old horsebox doing their own house move ?

Saw it for the first time last week moving someone into my road. The road is only 10 feet wide with no footpaths so had to climb over the ramp and fold the mirror in to walk passed it. Being a D series ford could see into the cab. Then today saw it doing another removal else where in the City. 2 Guys have all the trucks and blankets, look to know what their doing. Having once had an operator licence I know how hard and expensive it is to keep.

ravanoli:

Isn’t it great to live in a country where everyone has that attitude. Someone gets mugged in the street and everyone will just walk by because it doesn’t affect them…

It may affect you, directly or indirectly, and if it doesn’t it will affect someone else, why adhere to the rules if you’re happy for everyone else to go around breaking them. This is assuming the original poster is almost certain that there’s not a legitimate reason for what he’s seen.

next time you see it why don’t you ask the bloke to come round and give you an estimate for moving. Then you’ll have his details, possibly on headed notepaper, vat reg. no. etc. (if he is registered that is). That will give you more leverage when you do go to the authorities. If he is running illegally the chances are that he may not even have goods in transit insurance either and some poor little old dear could lose all her worldly possessions. You could save a lot of heartache, and your own conscience, just with one phone call.
This is a subject close to my heart because we used to have a family removal business which had to be wound up because we couldn’t compete with the ‘van and a man for £10 per hour’ brigade popping up on every street corner

maybe hes waiting for o licence to be posted
and tacho may be new iso slot one which you couldnt see

give it reasonable time have good nose in cab
then report it
its your duty

hitch:
maybe hes waiting for o licence to be posted
and tacho may be new iso slot one which you couldnt see

give it reasonable time have good nose in cab
then report it
its your duty

Yeah may be new digi tacho in old D series Ford (NOT)

Report it NOW and dont feel guilty.

If the guys on the level and legit VOSA will find out and he wont get prosecuted

BUT if he isnt legit you have done the right thing.

Bit of a no-brainer this, report it (anonymously if you want) and let him face the consequences.

WTF has it got to do with anyone else?

If he gets away with it. FINE.

no o’licenece…must be dangerous.

no insurance…must be a bad driver.

no tax…build the gallows.

Why are you all a bunch of grassers?

I hope some of you don’t see me cutting a clamp off. The police would get so many calls from you they’d turn up by the dozen.

Kiowan:

ravanoli:

Isn’t it great to live in a country where everyone has that attitude. Someone gets mugged in the street and everyone will just walk by because it doesn’t affect them…

It may affect you, directly or indirectly, and if it doesn’t it will affect someone else, why adhere to the rules if you’re happy for everyone else to go around breaking them. This is assuming the original poster is almost certain that there’s not a legitimate reason for what he’s seen.

This is hardly the same as someone getting mugged :confused: :confused:
He is poking his nose into things that dont concern him :open_mouth:
Go ahead GRASS on him i hope he finds out who you are and gives you what you deserve. :smiley: :smiley:

ravanoli:

I saw a guy kiddy fiddling down the park last week but its none of my business.

Report them end of story hopefully they will take the horsebox and the horses off them and burn the lot.

jammymutt:

ravanoli:

Report them end of story hopefully they will take the horsebox and the horses off them and burn the lot.

If you think your above quote is the same! Your NUTS.
Go ahead GRASS
What were you doing in The Park :confused:

jammymutt:

ravanoli:

what an arse!!!