Moonlighting on the job

Young lad has knocked the truck,and damaged it a few times,he told me he was working after doing a driving shift and at weekends,what is your opinion on this.He comes in very tired,lethargic.

Not your truck. Not your problem. Don’t grass.

Just warn him about the rules.

Can’t be a hypocrite, i used to do other work apart from me 70 hour weeks when my kids were little.

Give the lad a break, but advise him not to tell every tom ■■■■ and harry, or someone will grass him up for sure.

i remember years ago when i was driving 7.5 tonners. came to work monday morning. there was a very bad dent in the back of one of the new lorries (mine). the transport manager was going [zb]ing ballistic. i waited for him to several stages of trauma before reminding him that his mate borrowed it to move house that weekend.
i enjoyed that day. :smiley:

did the lad earn a few quid? where’s your cut? :smiley:

Must admit to doing a bit of weekend cih work recentley - didnt break any drivers hours rules btw.
While tipping,gave the cab a bit of a going over and it was a lot cleaner at the end of the day than the start.

toby1234abc:
He comes in very tired,lethargic.

thelorryist:

what such as falling asleep at the wheel and the horrendous possible outcomes
he obviously is doing too much and needs to stop ,by his own choice ,or by being “grassed” :unamused:

d4c24a:

toby1234abc:

thelorryist:

he obviously is doing too much and needs to stop ,by his own choice ,or by being “grassed” :unamused:

nobody likes a grass lol

d4c24a:

toby1234abc:

thelorryist:

He is a young lad, they are all tired, lethargic.

I think Toby is jealous that he isn’t getting any. The lad will be learning new tricks with girls, hopefully. boys possibly, animals doubtfully.

no one likes a snitch …

Good job I don’t work at your place then Toby, I look like death warmed up until at least 11am :cry:

So what difference is there between doing a paid job after your driving job and doing free work after your driving job :question:

Anybody who has worked on their car or bike has worked, anybody who has done decorating, laid a patio, built an extension etc or gardening has ‘worked’ after their driving job :open_mouth:

The lad may be trying to get out of debt, or saving to buy his bird an engagement ring, he may be saving up for a flight to Ibiza and a big bag of E’s, he may have knocked his bird up and he maybe even saving up to buy a house or start a business, so would you recommend that we stop people trying to get themself out of a hole or stop being entrepreneurs and just leave new businesses to people who already have enough money to start :question:

You asked for opinions, mine is to keep your [zb]ing nose out and let people go about their business :unamused:

i agree with newmercman

me too.

If it is your truck that is getting damaged
then write it on your defect sheet.

If it is not your truck then move on.

■■■■ me!!! I have got up at 03.15 started work at 04.00 worked untill 15.00 then come straight home & started working in my garden laying new turf & building patios & putting up fences. I have worked untill about 21.00 - 22.00 then been up at 03.15 for work again…Should I be grassed up too■■? Mind your own business you nosey ■■■■ :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

if you read the original post you will see the lad has knocked the truck a few times ,and presume the excuse is that he,s burning the candle both ends and tired
had you been doing your gardening and stabbed your foot with the fork and then hit your thumb with the hammer because you were tired :laughing:
you could walk in doors and relax
if he,s out in a truck with a fair few hours infront of him still to do ,he has no choice
surely a quiet word in his ear would be enough , but if its not and its bordering on dangerous (which it must be ) something should be done

dont get me wrong i work some real long shifts , but know my limit now :wink:

When I was younger I was a baker from 4AM till 13.PM then was a sailing instructor from14,00 til about18.00 and went home did the same the following day.I also did some chimney sweeping from time to time.I think that the guy is a bad driver no amount of daily rest or DCPC can cure that.

I’m a tramper and I’m away mon to fri every week, working around 70hrs a week. Then I tattoo all day saturday and quite often on a sunday too. Am I breaking the law too?

Paul Gloria Meadows:
I’m a tramper and I’m away mon to fri every week, working around 70hrs a week. Then I tattoo all day saturday and quite often on a sunday too. Am I breaking the law too?

Yes. Technically you are.

dar1976:

Paul Gloria Meadows:

Aww well!!!

Anyone want a tattoo? Got a free spot on saturday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Paul Gloria Meadows:

dar1976:

Paul Gloria Meadows:

Aww well!!!

Anyone want a tattoo? Got a free spot on saturday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i’ll have a £ sign on my ■■■■. then i can watch my money grow.