Montracon trailers

Anyone else on here pulled one of these new ones??

I got one today off a well known refrigerated transport company in spalding,when backing on a bay I thought I was on so jumped out and took a look and I was about 2 feet from it :open_mouth: I was not amused as it was chucking it down and I was getting wet,so I have another go and sure enough it does it again WTF is going on!!
There are 2 sensor type things on the back which puts the brake on for you without touching them when getting close to a bay or such,what a stupid ■■■■■■■ idea that is!!

Whoever thought up that stupid invention needs reeming with a huge baseball bat!!

We’ve got some, it could save you hitting a car or werse a person. The brakes momentarily come on then go off after about 2 seconds. It’s not a Montracon thing you can fit them to any trailer.

these are a safety feature that will stop you if anyone is stupid enough to walk behind you whilst you are reversing

there is a way of disabling them :wink:

shuttlespanker:
these are a safety feature that will stop you if anyone is stupid enough to walk behind you whilst you are reversing

Yeah put a pair of gloves over them. Our new trailers don’t have the sensors fitted now because they’re liable to play up.

There was a driver tale about this floating about tesco livi they have this device fitted on trailers on their new fleet story goes something like driver goes up to aberdeen cant get on bay and comes back without tipping. I dont know if its true or not :laughing:

A lot of trailers have a sticky out marker light on the back end on both sides that flash red the closer you get with reversing sensors.

shuttlespanker:

If someone is stupid enough to do that then they get what they deserve,natural selection and all that.

bald bloke:

shuttlespanker:

Yeah put a pair of gloves over them. Our new trailers don’t have the sensors fitted now because they’re liable to play up.

no, just unplug the green electric line :wink:

if you disconect it and anything happens you could get done for tampering or disableing a built in safety device by the hse be carefull

1 tab:
if you disconect it and anything happens you could get done for tampering or disableing a built in safety device by the hse be carefull

i never told him to do it, i just told him how :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we have some fitted there a pain sometimes .but if you are asked by the boss to disconect it .make make sure he is the one who will take the blame for any damage or you could end up in deep trouble . and record it in your diary so you have a record of it cover your back side .put a defect in asking for it to be reset or adjusted .the defect can be used by you as evidence that its not working correctly and you have raised your concerns . also get proper trianing on how it should work . seems abit extreem but it will cover your backside .

1 tab:
we have some fitted there a pain sometimes .but if you are asked by the boss to disconect it .make make sure he is the one who will take the blame for any damage or you could end up in deep trouble . and record it in your diary so you have a record of it cover your back side .put a defect in asking for it to be reset or adjusted .the defect can be used by you as evidence that its not working correctly and you have raised your concerns . also get proper trianing on how it should work . seems abit extreem but it will cover your backside .

I’m not having a go at you personally, I don’t know your feelings on the subject, but come on FFS, what a [zb]ed up world we live in when we have to think like this :unamused:

It’s about time people stood up and said NO NO NO, we’re not taking any of this bollox anymore :bulb:

1 tab:

why would the boss spec out a brand new trailer with this safety feature fitted, then ask you to disconnect it?

are you for real?

and i won’t even go into the rest of your diatribe as i think that NNM has covered it sufficiently :unamused:

Thetaff:
Anyone else on here pulled one of these new ones??

I got one today off a well known refrigerated transport company in spalding,when backing on a bay I thought I was on so jumped out and took a look and I was about 2 feet from it :open_mouth: I was not amused as it was chucking it down and I was getting wet,so I have another go and sure enough it does it again WTF is going on!!
There are 2 sensor type things on the back which puts the brake on for you without touching them when getting close to a bay or such,what a stupid [zb] idea that is!!

Whoever thought up that stupid invention needs reeming with a huge baseball bat!!

only got one montracon fridge a.f.a.i.k and that doesnt have the reversing type sensors on it your on about so i guess the one youve got has been specced with it as poster above says,had them on fridges years ago and if they messed about i used to disconnect leccy lead as s.s says when reversing

yeh like i said seems a bit extreem .i have been doing this job for the last 25 years .driving that is .so please give me some credit .last few years i have been driving and also safety rep work .and when you are under investigation by your own management or vosa and the courts beleive me if you have tamperd with a safety device .you are in deep crap so like i said cover your backside .

1 tab:
yeh like i said seems a bit extreem .i have been doing this job for the last 25 years .driving that is .so please give me some credit .last few years i have been driving and also safety rep work .and when you are under investigation by your own management or vosa and the courts beleive me if you have tamperd with a safety device .you are in deep crap so like i said cover your backside .

fair comment, but, that has not answered the question i asked

why would the boss spec out and pay for a safety feature on a brand new trailer, then ask you to disconnect it?

wasn’t having a go at you, was asking a simple question, i will give you as much credit as you deserve, and with your second post on this thread, it appears very little is due

although, that said, i totally agree with your first post on this thread :wink:

Pass 1tab the “roll of gaffer tape” :smiley: :smiley: please

ok guys i am new on here .and maybe you think i am talking crap dont want to upset any one .on our retail sites there are the general public walking around in and out the shop. cars moving around .which you have no control over . fleet engineers spec the trailors with no real knowlage of the sites we deliver to. and come as a standard 3meter then the brakes come on.you can adjust it to suit your needs .big companys use it as a way to sell themselfs and show what a good health and safety policy they have .yes i agree its ■■■■■■■■ .and with what is the world coming to but thats how it is .a sad world of compensation clams.gaffer tape firmly stuck on now

On topic, this is one reason I enjoy reading this forum. I had no idea this feature existed on trucks moving backwards. (Volvo cars and some other brands going forwards yes but not trucks). I would have been very confused some time in the future when I drove one for the first time. :laughing:

Also slightly off topic, I thought Montracon had gone bust several years ago? I only say this because I used to know a guy who used to work for them as a painter. Says he lost his job and so did everyone else when they went under. Obviously this is not the case now, either that or only his site was closed… or perhaps he was sacked and didn’t want to admit it… burn proof suit at the ready. :laughing:

Some of the trailers at Tesco Doncaster have this fitted, and yes when backing onto a bay at the RSU I thought I was on the bay got out almost got in the building before I looked back to see the truck about a metre of the bay :blush: Good device if you remember you have it fitted.