MODEL TRUCKS

One i’ve just had built 1;50

All great models on this thread, but I must admit the B Series ERF is one of my favourites
such superb building skills have gone into it along with so many other great builds.
Can I ask what scale it is & where should I start looking for a kit if any are still being
made.
Thanks Dave.

Memo to self, read all the line 1:50.

dave docwra:
All great models on this thread, but I must admit the B Series ERF is one of my favourites
such superb building skills have gone into it along with so many other great builds.
Can I ask what scale it is & where should I start looking for a kit if any are still being
made.
Thanks Dave.

Hi Dave yes the B series is 1:50 and are metal/die cast you can buy kits from a few companies ASAM is one that springs to mind. In that scale there is also the Corgi Hauliers of Renown series, also WSI and Tekno, modellers have been known to adapt these check out internet for ideas.
Frankies fantastic Ferguson’s Mercedes is actually 1/24th scale and is a plastic kit these are from the likes of Italeri, Revell these are mostly European such as Volvo F12, FH series, Scanias MAN etc. Once again there are aftermarket parts to adapt these vehicles and also a few small companies such as KFS, Modellers Resource, A&N models make resin transkits where you used their kit to adapt say a Vo;vo chassis to older vehicles such as an Atkinson, Scammell, Leland Marathon, T45 etc.
Hope this explains a few more details for you.

And here is a FH series Volvo in 1/24th scale in West of Scotland livery this had the chassis stretched from the basic Italeri kit and fitted with a KFS Volvo double drive rear bogie and a mid lift 2nd axle, heavy duty 5th wheel and RHD dash conversion.

P1020876.JPG

P1020879.JPG

PXL_20230226_151507077.MP.jpg
PXL_20230418_101846064.MP.jpg

Few models ive done in 1/50 scale, nzg and corgi conversions, the crusader is a 1/48 heavy goods kit.

Steve

i need a tipping trailer like that one please any info

The tipping trailer in my pics is a scratchbuilt plastic copy of a heavy goods tasktip trailer.

Heavy goods kits are being reintroduced and I’m sure the trailer will be released soon, they have a page on Facebook (heavy goods metal truck kits) and the new owner Jason sells kits on ebay too.

Steve.

jshepguis:
Hi Dave yes the B series is 1:50 and are metal/die cast you can buy kits from a few companies ASAM is one that springs to mind. In that scale there is also the Corgi Hauliers of Renown series, also WSI and Tekno, modellers have been known to adapt these check out internet for ideas.
Frankies fantastic Ferguson’s Mercedes is actually 1/24th scale and is a plastic kit these are from the likes of Italeri, Revell these are mostly European such as Volvo F12, FH series, Scanias MAN etc. Once again there are aftermarket parts to adapt these vehicles and also a few small companies such as KFS, Modellers Resource, A&N models make resin transkits where you used their kit to adapt say a Vo;vo chassis to older vehicles such as an Atkinson, Scammell, Leland Marathon, T45 etc.

Hi, Thank you for all the good information & leads, I have taken the plunge & ordered a B series kit from ASAM, now is the time to try my hand & see if my fingers or eyesight let me down :laughing:

Thanks Dave.

Cheers steve i’ll keep me eye out

A few models I have made and a couple in progress

085581A6-A915-41A3-BDCE-16FEAD9B9741.jpeg

jshepguis:

dave docwra:
made.
Thanks Dave.

A word of caution though: ASAM kits are in 1:48, not 1:50 so are not strictly speaking compatible with WSI/Tekno/Corgi/Conrad etc. It really shows up when you mix the two scales in a diorama.

Les

vwvanman0:

Few models ive done in 1/50 scale, nzg and corgi conversions, the crusader is a 1/48 heavy goods kit.

Steve

you don’t see Michelin men on trucks these days :frowning: and love the Crusader!

Finished this model of one of Harry Tennicks Scanias if anybody remembers them.

Heres a few of the model trucks i’ve made.
C. COMPTON HAULAGE FROM POOLE

INGS TRANSPORT FORDINGBRIDGE

SOUTHERN TRANSPORT OF SOUTHAMPTON

JC DEAN OF SALISBURY

Regards Kev

What are you using to take the pictures with?

i been using my digi camera to copy old photo’s BUT im gonna invest in a scanner soon, They will be better then i hope… Regards Kev

Blimey Kev,
nice one mate. nimble fingers for a big lad eh

nice one, ive got a few rc model trucks .

volvo looks good mate heres a couple of mine
volvo f10 and rentco box trailer

seddon atkinson im working on for my dad

model of a truck i drove for hoyers

model of my current truck

got any more pictures?..pete

Pete , Yeah i got a few more pics of models, and im going to replace these ones when i get my scanner for better copies… will post more soon matey… watch this space… Regards Kev Ps yours look good to.